Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 62266 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #120
That quote from Marc McGowan was basically a complaint that Bolton was making it hard for him to write a story because he wasn't answering the questions in the way McGowan wanted. Honestly - who could care less.

I couldn't care about his pressers. I'm just trying to point out that of all times for EB to start complaining about them, he chooses the one time where people (paulp started it i think, Mcgoawan continued it) have started praising him for his change of attitude.

EB pushing a barrow, and nobody else is buying it. He's hung up on one line about him saying the blokes will train hard tuesday and thursday.
His implication is that it suggests they don't train hard otherwise.

Anyone who has ever played footy knows there are times you get absolutely flogged on the training track compared to other weeks and it doesn't mean you are not training hard otherwise.

Also there is the fact that players and fitness staff are aware of 'heavy weeks' and 'light weeks' on the track. Perhaps the week coming up is a scheduled heavy week.

All that i'm certain of is that those comments from Bolton mean SFA in the scheme of things, and EB flogging that dead horse is getting tiresome.

Reply #121
Oust him from the club????...can you show me the text where I said that?
My mine grip with Bolton is that he is tactically clueless and allows opposition star players to run around unmanned....thats why he should be ousted, not because he is a serial robotic cliche churner....
3 wins from 35 games isnt it...how about I time it when its 6 from 70.......
You like his pressers and I dont ...get over it....

It’s interesting that opposition coaches tend not to worry too much about our star players and it was good to see Cripps and Kennedy going head to head.  Of course, Cripps had an edge because Samo, Ed and others kept putting blocks on Kennedy.  That’s coaching  :)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #122
If BB goes - who replaces him?

Reply #123
It’s interesting that opposition coaches tend not to worry too much about our star players and it was good to see Cripps and Kennedy going head to head.  Of course, Cripps had an edge because Samo, Ed and others kept putting blocks on Kennedy.  That’s coaching  :)

Kennedy was tagging Cripps....

Reply #124
Didnt look like it to me. I thought they went head to head, even in the first, Kennedy gave Crippa a bath in the second, Crippa got the choccies in the 3rd and 4th.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #125
My faith in Bolts is being tested, if he can't get us out of the bottom 4 this year he has lost me.

The big issue for me is there is no obvious stand out candidate to replace him.

The Judge and SOS's links to Ross Lyon worry me, I would stop following AFL if he came to Carlton.
I wouldn't be against giving Ratts a 2nd chance, although not sure how realistic this option might be.

I'd be interested in Adam Simpson, and both Fagan and Dew seem to be doing ok up north, so there are options, but no one is screaming 'pick me' right at this moment, to me anyway...

With the list SOS has built, you would think we would have a pretty exciting list to coach, and shouldn't have much trouble attracting anyone if necessary.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #126
Didnt look like it to me. I thought they went head to head, even in the first, Kennedy gave Crippa a bath in the second, Crippa got the choccies in the 3rd and 4th.

Commentators on Fox mentioned it...said it was strange to see Kennedy tagging when it was usually him being the tagged player....
Be interesting this week with our old friend Nick Holman a candidate to do the tagging....

Reply #127

Absolutely not!  As Longmire said before the game, Cripps and Kennedy went head to head most of the game and their focus was on winning the ball, not stopping their opponent.

Yes, that’s pretty much how I saw it.  I first noticed Samo’s work in blocking Kennedy’s run at the ball in the 3rd and I assumed that he was working to instructions.  It certainly seemed to help Cripps win clearances.  What I particularly liked about Samo’s tactics is that he would bump Kennedy, then roll off into space for a handball receive.

Commentators on Fox mentioned it...said it was strange to see Kennedy tagging when it was usually him being the tagged player....
Be interesting this week with our old friend Nick Holman a candidate to do the tagging....

Really?  It certainly wasn’t evident watching live, unless two blokes coming together to contest the ball is called tagging these days  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #128

The Swans got away giving Cripps a fair bit of scragging early in that game, it's only after the umpires started "noticing the indiscretions" that Cripps became dominant.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
Yes, that’s pretty much how I saw it.  I first noticed Samo’s work in blocking Kennedy’s run at the ball in the 3rd and I assumed that he was working to instructions.  It certainly seemed to help Cripps win clearances.  What I particularly liked about Samo’s tactics is that he would bump Kennedy, then roll off into space for a handball receive.
You know I am not an SPS fan however Ill be the first to admit that his performances of the last 2 weeks have been solid. I saw him put his body on the line quite a few times on Sat and tackled very well also. He has definitely upped his physicality towards the contest, whether that is due to instruction or not I don't care, he may well make me look like an absolute dill yet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #130
So paying attention to your opponent, instead of just ignoring them,  is what is "tagging" these days?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #131
You know I am not an SPS fan however Ill be the first to admit that his performances of the last 2 weeks have been solid. I saw him put his body on the line quite a few times on Sat and tackled very well also. He has definitely upped his physicality towards the contest, whether that is due to instruction or not I don't care, he may well make me look like an absolute dill yet.

I agree but 18 pos. just isn't enough. Zak Jones had 31.

Reply #132
Jones is 24, in his sixth season with 76 games under his belt. SPS is 21, in his third season. Patience grasshopper, SPS is coming along very nicely IMO

Reply #133
Jones is 24, in his sixth season with 76 games under his belt. SPS is 21, in his third season. Patience grasshopper, SPS is coming along very nicely IMO

Agree, SPS has made some big strides forward this year so far and seems to be playing a much more prominent role. I am optimistic about him.
Reality always wins in the end.