Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 5301 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Game Postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide

Probably our 2nd last game for the season, we play Adelaide at 1305 at Metricon on Sunday.
We are not on free-to-air TV.

Not sure how to look at things. Adelaide have been improving. We're unpredictable.
Spanner thinks we will lose. It is not impossible.
It looks like we've lost Martin, which hurts us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
McKay for them has been rubbed out for a week.

Hopefully Gibbons/Kennedy back in for us....and probably Eddie. Outs maybe Owies/Cunningham/Martin (injured).

Reply #2
Crouch Boys and Laird had a day out for the Crows vs GWS, think we will play a lot tighter than GWS who like it free wheeling and who have lost the plot under Cameron.
Himmelberg and the out of form Walker shouldnt provide many problems, Stengle and McAdam will probably be more dangerous.
Talia and Hartigan are decent defenders but the Crows are all about the midfield if they are to win....Sloane is still a decent player but they dont have anyone to play on Cripps who has the size, Keays will probably get the job but I cant see the Crows getting within 5 goals unless their mids fire up again.

Reply #3
Owies gets another go.

Bam Bam and Gibbo for Cuners and the Guv.

We know Bam Bam can play inside but is also a good lead up forward. Smart player imo. And has a work ethic.

Would like Honey and/or Philp to have another game or two but who for? Cottrell had a poor game bar that moment?

Or does LOB get  look in and rest Simmo or Murph for the Brisvegas game?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
Owies gets another go.

Bam Bam and Gibbo for Cuners and the Guv.

We know Bam Bam can play inside but is also a good lead up forward. Smart player imo. And has a work ethic.

Would like Honey and/or Philp to have another game or two but who for? Cottrell had a poor game bar that moment?

Or does LOB get  look in and rest Simmo or Murph for the Brisvegas game?

Martin won't play.
Cunners stays.

Reply #5
If we're serious about winning McG cannot play. Martin is out with a calf and Doc is sus. Cottrell wasn't real good either but he gets a pass because of "that" goal I guess. Owies didn't thrill me either but he'll probably get the 2 match run. So maybe 4 outs? Kennedy should get a go now. Maybe Gibbons if he's fit? Probably Eddie. Leaves one more and I'd give Polson another go as I didn't think he was that bad last start.

Reply #6
Out:Martin, Doc, Cunningham, Owies
In: Kennedy, Gibbons, Eddie, Marchbank.

Will need to play better then last night to beat them. They are going for 3 in a row and are playing well enough to knock us over if we off.

Need to start well.

Reply #7
What's the problem with Doc???  Russell didn't say anything in his report............

Reply #8
What's the problem with Doc???  Russell didn't say anything in his report............
Ch 7 showed him coming out of a place after having scans on his calf.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
Martin won't play.
Cunners stays.

I hope Cuningham doesn't stay in, had enough of his unreliability and softness.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Everyone so keen to drop Cunningham after one game back.   With no Martin we will need some outside pace.

Since this game against the Bombers he has been playing as a small forward.   72/28 (Offensive Half/Defensive Half).   I haven't really watched him enough to see what role he is playing.   Defensive half forward?   Not sure.

I would like to see him more on ball.

Anyside with B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Sloane, O'Brien, Laird and B.Smith is dangerous.   Their early season form wasn't a reflection of their ability.    This is no easy game as the Giants could tell you

Reply #11
Out:Martin, Doc, Cunningham, Owies
In: Kennedy, Gibbons, Eddie, Marchbank.

Will need to play better then last night to beat them. They are going for 3 in a row and are playing well enough to knock us over if we off.

Need to start well.

Marchbank is done for the year.

Reply #12
Everyone so keen to drop Cunningham after one game back.   With no Martin we will need some outside pace.

Since this game against the Bombers he has been playing as a small forward.   72/28 (Offensive Half/Defensive Half).   I haven't really watched him enough to see what role he is playing.   Defensive half forward?   Not sure.

I would like to see him more on ball.

Anyside with B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Sloane, O'Brien, Laird and B.Smith is dangerous.   Their early season form wasn't a reflection of their ability.    This is no easy game as the Giants could tell you

Have a close look at his last few games, very disappointing. Very apparent the cheats.com.au game was something of an aberration, sadly. The kid has loads of talent but seems to lack initiative, tenacity, consistency. Against the Midgets on Tuesday I don't think one of his tackles was successful... no pinning of arms or determination in the tackle - more like a dance at the Saturday night square dance.

I always ask myself, could you trust this guy in a GF... nuh. Most of our blokes now you could confidently answer yes, as they would give their all at very least. Like McGovern, he's getting gigs on reputation, not form. Winning teams don't accommodate that mindset.

Reply #13
Very apparent the cheats.com.au game was something of an aberration, sadly.

Not so sure.

Centre Bounce Involvments

R1 - 6%   
R2 - 0%   
R3 - 5%   
R4 - 7%   
R5 - 33%   - Essendon
R6 - 39%   - St.Kilda
R7 to R16 - 0%   

Reply #14
Not so sure.

Centre Bounce Involvments

R1 - 6%   
R2 - 0%   
R3 - 5%   
R4 - 7%   
R5 - 33%   - Essendon
R6 - 39%   - St.Kilda
R7 to R16 - 0%   

I think you'll find it very hard to mount a case for the contribution of Cuningham over the years he's been at the club. Barring injury, he's never been able to cement a spot in the side... for very good reasons. Like everyone I wish he could string games together showcasing his talent, but he never has.