Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2024 Rd 2: Carlton vs North Melbourne at Arden St (Read 1406 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL 2024 Rd 2: Carlton vs North Melbourne at Arden St

Our boys start their season in Rd 2 at Arden St against the 2nd places North at 12:30 on Friday 29th March.

To be honest, our pre-season form hasn't been very good, but we've never had anything like our full complement of AFL or VFL players available. It will be interesting to see just who we select, and how intense we really are.

To be honest, I'd like to see more intensity from our VFL side. We haven't really shown a lot of that under Power. Power has been very good at the development side and dealing with our kids, but he hasn't set the world on fire as a coach. Granted that we'll have a few guys back, I'd like to see a harder edge to our game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL 2024 Rd 2: Carlton vs North Melbourne at Arden St

Reply #1
Our boys start their season in Rd 2 at Arden St against the 2nd places North at 12:30 on Friday 29th March.

To be honest, our pre-season form hasn't been very good, but we've never had anything like our full complement of AFL or VFL players available. It will be interesting to see just who we select, and how intense we really are.

To be honest, I'd like to see more intensity from our VFL side. We haven't really shown a lot of that under Power. Power has been very good at the development side and dealing with our kids, but he hasn't set the world on fire as a coach. Granted that we'll have a few guys back, I'd like to see a harder edge to our game.
Its that balance of coaching for wins and or development only and I think the latter is the priority. When Carlton teams were good in the 60's, 70's etc I never remember the twos being overly successful.

Reply #2
The recruitment of blokes with AFL experience might stiffen us up a bit. 

I’d like to see us convince one of our retiring AFL players to take on a playing role/assistant coach with the VFL team.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Its that balance of coaching for wins and or development only and I think the latter is the priority. When Carlton teams were good in the 60's, 70's etc I never remember the twos being overly successful.

Box Hill did well when the Hawks were flying.

Winning VFL premierships isn’t the be all and end all but it would be better if the transition from VFL to AFL was seamless.  We can’t expect the same skill level but we should expect the same intensity.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Flushed with 2nd and 3rd round pick talent.
If we play three rucks then Okeefe should be tested in the backline as an intercept defender.

Reply #5
Line-up not available yet. Very frustrating.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
And guess what appears!

Looks to be the strongest line-up we've managed so far, but still some way from the best we could manage.
The backline looks reasonably strong.

No Dozzi, or Cahill. No Rudd, Sruk or Poole either.
Good to see Maher playing; he is a goal kicker as well as speedy. Monahan at CHF: interesting.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Cincotta playing a bit of mid-field in the VFL and doing OK
Pittonet kicked a nice goal
We trail 15-17 late in the first quarter.

Reply #8
Cincotta playing a bit of mid-field in the VFL and doing OK
Pittonet kicked a nice goal
We trail 15-17 late in the first quarter.

Yep, good to see Cincotta get a run in the middle. Moir moves well and did a few nice things. Scrappy affair though.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Kangabies by 18pts at half time.

Kangabies seem to have a system. We don't... bit haphazard and often being led to the ball.

Plusses... Pitto, Kemp, Binns, Cincotta, Cowan... and Lachie Young of the non-CFC boys.

Been watching the Irish lad, Monahan... oh dear, one touch to half time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Kangabies by 18pts at half time.

Kangabies seem to have a system. We don't... bit haphazard and often being led to the ball.

Plusses... Pitto, Kemp, Binns, Cincotta, Cowan... and Lachie Young of the non-CFC boys.

Been watching the Irish lad, Monahan... oh dear, one touch to half time.
Thats concerning
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
We're in front :D
Our leading possession winner is Pittonet on 23
 :o

Reply #12
North back in front...working harder at the moment.

Reply #13
We're in front :D
Our leading possession winner is Pittonet on 23
 :o

Best game I've seen Pitto play ... bad luck he missed the set shot.

Reply #14
North 13-12 -90 def Carlton 10-14 -74

Pittonet 25 disposals 5 marks- 11 clearances -20 hitouts -1 goal