Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Permutations: AFL 2020 R1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 13160 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Permutations: AFL 2020 R1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #135
Letting 44 blokes tackle each other then go home to their families is madness.

It's McLachlan's "Neville Chamberlain" moment. 

Reply #136
Hard to get excited right now. On the bright side, while Richmond keep beating us, they never blow us away.

Reply #137
I think we've started pretty well in the last few years....only to fall in a heap and get pulled back in by the tigers.

Perhaps with these shorter quarters (I think thats official?) we might be half a chance!

Reply #138
I would have thought the chances of these guying catching coivid 19 in game to be zero.   They're tested and test, and in lock down.   More chance of catching it at the shops or a kid bringing it home from daycare/school etc
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #139
Letting 44 blokes tackle each other then go home to their families is madness.

I wonder if they will bring back Andrejs Everitt celebration after goals?

Reply #140
I would have thought the chances of these guying catching coivid 19 in game to be zero.  They're tested and test, and in lock down.  More chance of catching it at the shops or a kid bringing it home from daycare/school etc

That is basically the official WHO line, the chances of healthy sportspeople catching and then transmitting COVID-19 in competition, even in combative team sports like rugby, is practically zero. The bigger problem is sharing the school carpool, bus, train or plane.

The biggest problem for the AFL/ NRL is safely shuffling players around the country.

I suppose it's a numbers game. People speculating and using "common sense" are not very good at assessing and predicting risk. In reality and group travelling together is no more or less likely to catch it than one person travelling alone. But the general public perceives the risk of the group as higher. The problem is how many people they have a close encounter with, not how many are in the group.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141
We have to play like there's next week...............................as there mightn't be....lol.

Reply #142
I think we'll play an ultra defensive brand of football, we just don't have a forward line capable of kicking a winning score if it is free flowing