Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs Hawthorn in Launceston (Read 26401 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs Hawthorn in Launceston

Reply #76
That would be a huge ask for a guy who cannot be match fit given the amount of footy he has played. Henderson covers a lot of km's. I expect Tom to have another couple ofgames in the NBs

I just dont want someone like Obrien lining up on Henderson, Wingard, Bruest, Poppy etc...cant see the last three all having another average game.
Matchups and selections have cost us games in the past we should have won, Beveridge ballsed up the Dogs selections by playing two newbies and leaving
Trengove out. We need to get it right vs the Hawks and have the right players in to suit the conditions and type of opponent and have options.
This is a very winnable game given how injury struck the Hawks are and nothing annoys me more than seeing the wrong team selected.

Reply #77
EB, for a bloke who's played so little footy in the last 18 months and played, I'm led to believe, about 90 minutes of game time on the weekend, it would be a massive ask on the kid to come in and play this week. I think in terms of height down back we've got Jones, Weitering and Marchbank and then Plowman too. We're all keen to see him back playing at the top level given what he showed in 2017 but not a lot too be gained by risking him at this stage.

I think Newman probably gets the gig on Puopolo who always seems to kick goals against us. Jones gets Roughy. If Kennedy is fit then he's probably the obvious in for Polson or O'Brien and if Cunningham comes up then they probably both come in for those two?

Reply #78
I'd almost take the punt and play him off the bench, be a good player for the Hawks Henderson who seems in rare form this season...
There will be no punts. Jack Russell made it clear on his injury update that the focus is on getting players right to go and stay in once they come back from injury (eg Marchbank). He said its all about getting loads into them so they can stay on the park. He said this in reference to Macreadie and Willo. Its a precise science and we now have the best in the business, lets back him in I say. He also said this week we will have our lowest injury rate in a while so its working.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
There will be no punts. Jack Russell made it clear on his injury update that the focus is on getting players right to go and stay in once they come back from injury (eg Marchbank). He said its all about getting loads into them so they can stay on the park. He said this in reference to Macreadie and Willo. Its a precise science and we now have the best in the business, lets back him in I say. He also said this week we will have our lowest injury rate in a while so its working.

And there is no need to rush him, nor Macreadie for that matter. The latter shapes as Jones' replacement when the time comes (good few years yet hopefully)?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #80
And there is no need to rush him, nor Macreadie for that matter. The latter shapes as Jones' replacement when the time comes (good few years yet hopefully)?
Russell will eventually overtake BB and SOS as the most important person at our club. I reckon we will eventually see our side as being very  durable, even the likes of Tractor and Marchy, all thanks to Jack.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
July 22, 2018,

vs Hawthorn.

Matthew Kennedy - 29 disposals, 4 tackles, 1.1 goals.

Cam Polson - 15 disposals (career best), 3 tackles and 1 goal.

But world's apart.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #82

And wasn’t that great to hear?

Getting the Terrier on board is one reason why I am confident that we’re on the right track.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #83
And wasn’t that great to hear?

Getting the Terrier on board is one reason why I am confident that we’re on the right track.

Any why (kind of) winning games consistently is almost inevitable.

Our best 22, in decent form, is formidable.

Yet to see the best of Marchy, the Guv, Charlie, Cuners, Willo, Kennedy, Setters, SoJ, Special K etc.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #84
https://www.facebook.com/HFCSP83/

Hawks' fans not happy!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
Lucky for them we are playing is Tassie and as far as I know none of the Dawks players have made any two-headed social media comments!

Having said that we can remind all Tasmanian fans that Kennett slagged off about leaving the puny ungrateful apple isle in the dust if it didn't cough up more dosh for the privilege of having the Dawks play there!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
Playing Shiels a major risk after a month off with a hammy?

McEvoy a risk?

Very winnable game.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87
Would be nice to get some sort of update on Pickett?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #88
Anyway!.....back to Blues v Hawks?

Anyone know what the forecast is for this game in Tassie? I'm assuming if it's cold/wet/windy, Casboult might be the unlucky one.....probably Polson out too? And bring in Kennedy and maybe even Stocker?

Reply #89
Anyway!.....back to Blues v Hawks?

Anyone know what the forecast is for this game in Tassie? I'm assuming if it's cold/wet/windy, Casboult might be the unlucky one.....probably Polson out too? And bring in Kennedy and maybe even Stocker?

Stocker still a few weeks away. I have a feeling that he’ll get the Harry McK ‘hard love’ treatment.