Skip to main content
Topic: Cripps (Read 25583 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cripps

Reply #60
Robbo once again gave us a wrap saying Port did try to take the game on but we stood our ground with our pressure. Seems genuinely excited.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #61
Robbo once again gave us a wrap saying Port did try to take the game on but we stood our ground with our pressure. Seems genuinely excited.

Watched the Brisbane game and Robbo was ordinary, reckon he isnt enjoying life at the Lions...

Reply #62
How do you like those apples ??

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #63
Cripps must be a superstar ;D
Robbo just gave him the biggest wrap on 360...spoke glowingly of Graham too

Even Eddie Maguire was talking him up all game on fox footy, then post game, and yet again on his radio show this morning.

The kid is a talent. If he can stay relatively injury free, we have piece #1 of our next premiership team in place.

Reply #64
Eddie can't shut up about this kid. He was exploding on the TV during the game every time Cripps was even near the ball. Even if he fumbled, Eddie would make it sound like he did something really special. I have not seen a kid this bright after only 12 games. Ever. He will captain our next flag the way he is going.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #65
Eddie can't shut up about this kid. He was exploding on the TV during the game every time Cripps was even near the ball. Even if he fumbled, Eddie would make it sound like he did something really special. I have not seen a kid this bright after only 12 games. Ever. He will captain our next flag the way he is going.

He may become our skipper but I'm expecting a premiership well before then  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66
But notice that it appears to be a tag team thing - Murphy and Cripps both do well and the TEAM does well. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #67
Nick Graham maybe a bit stiff to miss out on a RS nomination last week.

18 disposals, 5 clearances, 2 goals, 7 tackles. One of the key reasons we won a high pressure game.

AFL w@nks would have given each other windburn writing Tom Boyd's name down after 4 junk goals in an absolute walkover.

Reply #68

Great post Mantis & spot on with your Eddie comments.....I thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay for that reason.

Finally a draft pick outside of #1 that we got spectacularly correct.

Cripps' & Murph's best games this year have interestingly been without Judd playing (i.e. vs. Saints, Crows & Port). Cripps has made me love Carlton & love footy again......I can't wait to see him again this week - I've got so much man-love for Cripps that my wife is concerned :D
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #69
Great post Mantis & spot on with your Eddie comments.....I thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay for that reason.

Finally a draft pick outside of #1 that we got spectacularly correct.

Cripps' & Murph's best games this year have interestingly been without Judd playing (i.e. vs. Saints, Crows & Port). Cripps has made me love Carlton & love footy again......I can't wait to see him again this week - I've got so much man-love for Cripps that my wife is concerned :D

Such a rarity for us to have picked the eyes of a draft. Amazing. Just a fantastic fit for our midfield also. Gibbs, Murphy & Kreuz running off his handballs. Long way to go but he's really tough to stop.

Reply #70
Well the secret is pretty much out.
Opposition coaches will be aware of his influence and will give him a great deal of attention in their planning.
The question is how do you stop a player like Cripps?
I reckon that may give them a few headaches.
A player like that wouldn't be easy to tag.
If you get physical with him he'll just run through you or push/throw you out of the way.
He loves the contested stuff.

Reply #71

I don't trust Eddie's motives! He's just making sure that other teams are fully aware of Cripps and do everything to shut him down.   ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
Well the secret is pretty much out.
Opposition coaches will be aware of his influence and will give him a great deal of attention in their planning.
The question is how do you stop a player like Cripps?
I reckon that may give them a few headaches.
A player like that wouldn't be easy to tag.
If you get physical with him he'll just run through you or push/throw you out of the way.
He loves the contested stuff.

There'll be lots of physical attention. It gets to you eventually. I just love that we've picked up a player who is impacting games to such a degree so early in career.

Reply #73
There'll be lots of physical attention. It gets to you eventually.

Yep
But I reckon there are a group of taggers (as Cripps gets even bigger and stronger) who are about to experience a whole new world of pain. ;D
Be interesting to see who breaks first ;)

They probably need to focus their attention on his receivers. I don't think they'll be able to shut him down in a year or two.

Reply #74
Interesting article today about the Blues tossing up between McCarthy or Cripps, but went Cripps due to perceived leadership qualities.  Also reckoned they could acquired a young tall the following year.

Wehave slagged off our recruiting mercilessly - sounds like the thought processes was pretty sound at the end of 2013.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?