Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 21308 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #30
I've learned over time that tanking tends to hurt the culture, something BB is working so hard to develop, so no more tanking...........

Agree 154%

Reply #31
Well i did think Graham was very useful against the Crows and comfortably held his own/did his part!

Yes, he was stiff to miss out.

I reckon he could come in for Cripps but that won't do much to relieve pressure on our mids.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
I look into the rear view mirror at Carlton over the last few years playing good teams that are down on form, and getting close to being written off.  Port Adelaide comes to mind atleast twice.  And what do I see.  I see those teams setting themselves for us, knowing if they bully us they can break us, which they invariably did.

This is a very big test of how far we have come.  The bullies will try to bully us and snap their bad form.  They'll be throwing everything at us, or they should be anyway. 

Our boys have been putting in big efforts, and getting close, but haven't been getting the choccies too many times.  They might be getting a bit tired, and a bit disappointed with honourable losses, and might be getting close to the end of season cliff (for non-finalists). If the boys stand strong and can win this game, I see it as a bit of a landmark game, especially with Cripps out.

We need to take good form into the preseason.  Fook tanking.  Start winning.

Oh yeah, and if Willo is fit, I'd have him straight back in.  Some of us (myself included) forget how good this kid was looking.  He could be the steal of last years draft.  If he's not fit and ready, then ease him back in through the magoo's, but if he's chomping at the bit, in he goes.

Reply #33

I reckon he could come in for Cripps but that won't do much to relieve pressure on our mids.

Clearances are the issue....Cripps is the only decent clearance player we have, Graham wont be able to pick up that slack.....with Cripps out it might really wake up the club we need another big bodied mid on the list and also intensify the hunt for Josh Kelly...

Reply #34
Clearances are the issue....Cripps is the only decent clearance player we have, Graham wont be able to pick up that slack.....with Cripps out it might really wake up the club we need another big bodied
mid on the list and also intensify the hunt for Josh Kelly...

Really missing Ed Curnow, I bet a few posters would be shocked to think we'd be saying that in 2017!

Might not clear the ball but puts the brakes on opponents doing so, if not the best one of the AFLs best at it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35

i think Graham 'wants it' - he wants to make the grade....

given a serious run at it, i think he'll surprise many...

He aint slow and his disposal is pretty good.

He, like all, just needs to know he belongs...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #36
Clearances are the issue....Cripps is the only decent clearance player we have, Graham wont be able to pick up that slack.....with Cripps out it might really wake up the club we need another big bodied mid on the list and also intensify the hunt for Josh Kelly...

Put Jones in the centre for one game and I think you will be surprised. Make it easy for him, see ball get ball type game plan and the oppo will have to defend him. ACOS can take the big forward.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #37
Put Jones in the centre for one game and I think you will be surprised. Make it easy for him, see ball get ball type game plan and the oppo will have to defend him. ACOS can take the big forward.

Docherty....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38
Agree 154%
I guess we differ, I only agreed 153.44%
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39

Lets wait until after the ink has dried.

Reply #41
As only a true engineer could. Well played sir.
;D ;D ;D Couldnt help myself
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #42
Docherty....
Doc has started in the middle at centre bounces plenty this year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #44
indeed.
Does very well in there as well. Love how they are using him this year. Very difficult to tag.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th