Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 14 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond (Read 4906 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 14 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Another Thursday night. I really hate that. I've got to get up and work. I can never get to sleep after a game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 14 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
Tiggers are almost back to their rabid, feral best. We need to be so much better than last night to match it with them. Lynch will be back I think I read, that will cause us a headache.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Tiggers are almost back to their rabid, feral best. We need to be so much better than last night to match it with them. Lynch will be back I think I read, that will cause us a headache.
I agree it will be a toughie, but the Tigers are not exactly flying.  They were a bit lucky against Port on Thurs.  Lynch does give them another dimension. 

This one will be won in the middle, as both sides have good forwards - whoever gets most of the centre clearances will probably outscore the other.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #3
Win this one and we are serious contenders. Richmond are travelling ok and if we can pull it off with a number of patchwork fill ins, we are in a good spot. Also consider that it is great that players play for a full season, but 'in season' injuries can have their advantages. Come finals, Pittonet, Marchbank, Weitering, McKay, Williams etc should not have battle weary bodies due to long layoffs during the season. Keep winning (ugly or beautifully, I don't care!!) and banking the 4 points, and look forward to what might be by the end of the year.

Reply #4
I agree it will be a toughie, but the Tigers are not exactly flying.  They were a bit lucky against Port on Thurs.  Lynch does give them another dimension. 

This one will be won in the middle, as both sides have good forwards - whoever gets most of the centre clearances will probably outscore the other.
And in the middle, TDK/SOS vs Tank/Soldo. I didn't realise how short Nank is (listed as 199) and how effin big Soldo is (listed as 204). Our Rucks will be up against it, the mids need to nullify that advantage.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Tigers will be tough with Lynch, Lambert back in plus they were missing Vlastuin and Prestia who got injured early in our previous encounter and he was playing well. No Pittonet either for us this time which means TDK vs another thug in Nankervis and his mate Soldo which will be tiring after banging bodies with Draper in the wet.
One positive is Dusty is still far from his best , looks a tad disinterested and as Tonyo suggested the Tigers as a team are just going at the minute without being brilliant.
Good test for Voss and the coaching staff given the difficulty in a few matchups and I was impressed with Voss doing a number on the team at 3/4 time vs Essendon and demanding more from them.
Young has been a fine recruit and impressed again vs Essendon and hopefully can do the job against Lynch who must be thankful Weitering isnt playing....

Reply #6
I don't rate their defence and need to do everything we can to get repeat inside 50s because they will catch us on the outside alot.

Reply #7
Will be interesting to see how Sam Durdin goes today. He might come into consideration although he'd be coming off a pretty short break to play on Thursday night. He's probably the match up for Lynch but Young might get the job.

If Dow plays well he could come in for Cerra?

Owies/Durdin/Fisher were all a bit quiet last night but reckon their speed and pressure will be needed next week.

Can't see too many changes being made other than Cerra out.

Reply #8
Will be interesting to see how Sam Durdin goes today. He might come into consideration although he'd be coming off a pretty short break to play on Thursday night. He's probably the match up for Lynch but Young might get the job.

If Dow plays well he could come in for Cerra?

Owies/Durdin/Fisher were all a bit quiet last night but reckon their speed and pressure will be needed next week.

Can't see too many changes being made other than Cerra out.

Look at game time from the VFL. Whoever gets dragged at 3/4 time are the ones who are likely to come in off the short break.

Reply #9
Late in 1st quarter and Mirkov done quite a few good things....Kemp playing as a "tall" defender with Durdin.

Reply #10
We can flood back to help Young and co but no one can help Silvagni and De Koning in the ruck. TDK held his own last night but Jack was flogged.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
The ruck is the area I'm really concerned about. Richmond's rucks usually play well against us. This week we were killed in the centre square. That happens on Thursday, and we are toast.
Tom de Koning gives it his all, but he isn't a great ruckman. Jack tried his guts out, but real rucks hurt us. We are really missing Pitto.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
TDK isnt starring but doing a solid job. I've actually been very happy with his output. SOS is a scrapper in the middle and if the ball hits the ground he is unbeatable against other rucks. So other rucks need to be on their game or Jack will win the clearance. Cat and Mouse... but yeah need Pitto back to bash and crash.

Reply #13
TDK isnt starring but doing a solid job. I've actually been very happy with his output. SOS is a scrapper in the middle and if the ball hits the ground he is unbeatable against other rucks. So other rucks need to be on their game or Jack will win the clearance. Cat and Mouse... but yeah need Pitto back to bash and crash.

Agree on SOS. If he scraps it out and stops the opposition getting clean possession then he's doing his job imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14

Jack only comes into it at centre bounces if he nullifies the other ruckman.  If Nankervis/Soldo get a clean hitout, the Richmond mids will be on their way unless we shark the ball or force a secondary ball up.

Around the ground is a different matter as Jack or Cripps are strong enough to affect or even win hitouts, and Harry is doing OK with the forward 50 ruck contests.

Mirkov was soundly beaten by Bryan on Saturday and Sam Durdin looks like he will need a month or so of Kreuzer's tuition before he could be competitive against the likes of Nankervis.

Our lack of ruck strength/depth is an issue but, to the credit of our coaching group, we have a solution that minimises the impact of the opposition rucks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball