Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 2886 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #15
A good win but should’ve probably been more comprehensive.

There is still so much indecision and thankfully for us the Hawks didn’t tighten up on us continuously so we got out of it.  You can see why the good teams can roll us, when we’re indecisive we waste time and we make silly errors (putting someone under pressure with a crap handball) - the really good sides make us pay for that.

Overall of course happy for the win but nothing left me in breathless rapture about the play - last year I recall a number of games where I was in disbelief that this was MY Carlton team - in a good way! This game had a few passages where I thought yes go go go for it mainly to be oh… stopping, slowing it down… or turnover. And gee don’t opposition get a fast return when we miss on our end - a few times we got a point to their goal within what felt like 10 seconds.

And the misses of Charlie and Harry were frustrating too.

Yes a 10 goal win and of course I’ll take that but like GITC we will see more in the next few weeks.  I hope it’s positive.

JSOS I thought was fanatic today and if the pictures of the end of the game say anything it seems the boys and Voss are really tight.

Reply #16
I know we had the game won in the last and that the blokes probably didn’t have much in the tank, but I was frustrated by the ball use. We went back to slowing the ball movement and kicking to contests, and it failed much more than it worked out. There weren’t players presenting, or if they did they aborted when the kicker took so long to move. That has consistently failed over the past couple of months. Better to go sideways to an unmanned teammate than kick ahead to a 50/50

Unfortunately that happens with most sides when a game is essentially gone by half time.

Reply #17
A win is a win and it was an even contribution today but the next two weeks is where it's at for me in terms of judging where we are at.

Definitely. Importantly, we are playing committed footy again. That can only help.

Reply #18
Did what we had to do. Flattest 67,000 fans you would ever hear.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
30m out directly in front, McKay goes the across the body kick and doesn't make the distance.

FFS, this is beyond a joke !!

This will cost us in a close important game, end that crap now !!

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #20
30m out directly in front, McKay goes the across the body kick and doesn't make the distance.

And  in terms of the positives from the match....

Reply #22
Where is everyone ? Good news really is bad for business.
190kg of salami meat to process in two days, just finished, heard we won, Ill watch the game during the week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
10 goal win.
No injuries.

Take that every week.
Thanks, kruddler, for setting up the thread. I forgot to do it before I left.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
Jack's best game in yonks. Maybe the bye and the spell in the 2's did the trick.

Have to agree. Jack's disposal, which was terrible before he was dropped, was much superior today. He didn't fumble as much and he fought like a terrier at the ruck contests. Probably his best game for the season.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
Did what we had to do. Flattest 67,000 fans you would ever hear.
Indeed. I was amazed at the numbers. Must have been a lot of hawks: they were amazingly quiet. Liked it that way. More noise for us would have been nice.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26

That was a shocker, but his goal from the boundary in the last was superior.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #27
And  in terms of the positives from the match....

The positive is we spanked them !!

I just can't let that kicking aspect of the game go, its been a problem all year and there is no end in sight. We need to get that rectified before it costs us dearly. It was a really embarrassing moment in what was a very pleasing game.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #28
I was a bit worried when Charlie was subbed out, but apparently he's been unwell for most of the week. Still a class above. Voss apparently decided to give him a rest with the game won.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #29
14th with a bullet.