Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast (Read 5106 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast

Reply #15
Possibly Cunners out too
Interesting to see who is fit to come in. Certainly Boyd put his hand up.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast

Reply #16
Maybe the time for Binns?

Reply #17
I wouldn't say 'no'. However, who goes out for him? He is mainly a winger and our wingers have been doing well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Id probably play Boyd if we intend to play him in the finals, reckon the time for experiments like Binns have passed.

Reply #19
I wouldn't say 'no'. However, who goes out for him? He is mainly a winger and our wingers have been doing well.
Crash, I'm assuming worst case scenario so if both Doc (injury) Cunners (suspension) come out, maybe Binns comes in as a Winger and Acres goes in as a mid. With Doc, Boyd, who had a reasonably good game today in the magoos, comes in. He goes to back pocket and maybe frees up Fisher for on ball somewhere? Although with Fisher's form off half back I'm not sure.
Then again if Walsh is right this week we will have no problems

Reply #20
I'd bring Boyd and Carroll in - Carroll 20 y.o now built up an AFL body he is getting closer and a run with an in-form team will do his confidence the world of good.

Reply #22
Based on the VFL game, I would say Boyd is first cab off the rank and should at least get a game as the sub.

Reply #23
Based on the VFL game, I would say Boyd is first cab off the rank and should at least get a game as the sub.
Indeed, Boyd was very good. Ran hard, defended nicely and used the ball effectively.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
Thanks for the feedback, first VFL game I've not been able to watch this season so I appreciate the discussion.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
If we can get a win this week then subject to other results Rnd 24 might not mean much to us, but it could be a big deal for GWS so it might a good time to give someone like Binns a run against quality opposition while we take the opportunity to freshen one or two others up before the finals.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
If we can get a win this week then subject to other results Rnd 24 might not mean much to us, but it could be a big deal for GWS so it might a good time to give someone like Binns a run against quality opposition while we take the opportunity to freshen one or two others up before the finals.

With the Bye before the finals, would you rest guys in the last round? Is a two week break detrimental?

Reply #27
No mention of Cunningham in any Match Review commentary so presumably no case to answer? Game was on Saturday night so surely something would've been said by now?

If Doc doesn't get up, maybe Ed back into the 22 and Binns or Boyd as the sub?

Reply #28
No mention of Cunningham in any Match Review commentary so presumably no case to answer? Game was on Saturday night so surely something would've been said by now?

If Doc doesn't get up, maybe Ed back into the 22 and Binns or Boyd as the sub?

I thought Cuners was unlucky to be free-kicked ... Razor Ray let it go and he was right on the spot.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
Officially have the best defence in the competition with two rounds remaining.

Just amazing work by the club really. Leaders from on field and off field group at the club should be proud of these small wins and it's not over yet!