Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 22240 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #15
The MC committee would do better with selection if they blind folded themselves and threw darts at a board!

Heads really should roll - as EB said why go tall, slow and unfit against a small, quick team?

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Besides Cripps I thought Fisher was good, probably BoG given his size and game style.

Not many other highlights.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Casboult was OK tonight, Charlie was very good if not for the head fades.

Kennedy, SPS, O'Shea.

Rowe, Jones, Marchbank all poor. Nothing to do with the size, that cooked the ball and got in each others way. I think they had more spoils on each other than the Dogs had on us as team!

Media going into hyperventilation mode to kick us, highlights everywhere showing Gowers.

Fair enough from the media, the Dogs had a younger team and we were lucky they didnt kick straight.....its 0-6 and 1 win from the last 15 games....if this was Malthouse  or Ratten coaching they would be building the gallows at itchycoo park by now....

Reply #18
I'd be sending Jack back, Jones has a limited life span imo, SOSOS is the obvious replacement down there. And if I see one more defender spoil one of ours who is trying to mark the aggott........
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #19
Besides Cripps I thought Fisher was good, probably BoG given his size and game style.

I thought the 3 talls provided targets and once they get some decent 1 on 1 delivery, they’ll get a lot better.

Reply #20

Matt Wright was good....would have had a hand in 2/3 of our goals, thought Dow was better too....

Reply #21
Charlie tries to do too much. Needs to go with the first option rather than taking on the world. 

Reply #22
I thought the 3 talls provided targets and once they get some decent 1 on 1 delivery, they’ll get a lot better.

They dropped too many when they had clear size advantage.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Matt Wright was good....would have had a hand in 2/3 of our goals, thought Dow was better too....

If anyone else deserved a pat on the back it was probably Kerridge or Daisy, nobody else had much impact.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
The desperation in the last 10 minutes was good.  Not really sure where it was for the rest of the game .

Rowe's 73 metre penalty was interesting.  25 metres further in and it is a proper shot for a goal.

Thought Cas was alright - he at least seemed to mark it when so many others dtopped them.

Reply #25
If anyone else deserved a pat on the back it was probably Kerridge or Daisy, nobody else had much impact.

Agree On Daisy......Kerridge turned it over IMO.....

Reply #26
Team selection/structure is a disgrace given the modern game, no fkn idea whatsoever there. Who picks a defence full of 6ft 900in defenders in an era where run from half back is crucial. No run and spread at all. Once out there we have no conception how to play modern footy. Just totally lost. What goes on? Then when we have a chance to do something we fk up completely. We can't keep the ball in our F50 to save ourselves, another important aspect of the modern game.

If we had any idea we could've won that. Our on redeeming feature is an ability to hang in. We have some/potentially damn good players in that side but we waste them by the way we play and screwing up any time we have a chance.

Match Committee can GAGF well and truly.

Reply #27
We've won the hitouts 54-22 (Phillips 48 Casboult 6) to (English 15 Boyd 7)
Doesn't seem to mean a lot these days. ::)

Reply #28
Agree LAJ..inability to hold the ball inside 50 and lack of crumbing forwards cost us big time. MC fecked up again IMO

Reply #29
We've won the hitouts 54-22 (Phillips 48 Casboult 6) to (English 15 Boyd 7)
Doesn't seem to mean a lot these days. ::)

And clearances were equal. Unless you have a ruck that palms it like big Nick hitout stats are barely with a pinch of $hit. The modern ruckman needs to be mobile and good around the ground. .