Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 92295 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #225
Do we really want to win this game? Smith was named on the bench for the Northern Blues, not in the best players. My God!
Surely we have someone better suited to replace Simmo? What's happened to him anyway?
Maybe Smith will take Ellards spot and Daisy to take Simmos role?

Reply #226
Do we really want to win this game? Smith was named on the bench for the Northern Blues, not in the best players. My God!

Ditto, Captain Crash.

I was astonished to see Smith replacing Simmo.... and straight into the selected side, no less. FO. I pray this is not an MM fave getting a gig ahead of hard working others... would have expected Dick, or Holman, or Johnson etc into the green vest instead of Smith straight into the side.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #227
Is Smith really in the 22?  I haven't seen anything official.

It's quite odd that he has leapfrogged the emergencies and it's not exactly a like for like replacement.  Perhaps there's a particular match up for him but I suspect that he will be the sub.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #228
Yep, mystified why we recruited the "mature" players such as Dick when a first year player requiring endurance work gets a gig.  That said, the ball will be on the deck a lot today with the persistent rain and those who want it most will get it.

As others have opined, it must be to replace Ellard with the side rejigged, surely he can't play across half back?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #230
One word response: Etihad

:)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #231
Is Smith really in the 22?  I haven't seen anything official.

It's quite odd that he has leapfrogged the emergencies and it's not exactly a like for like replacement.  Perhaps there's a particular match up for him but I suspect that he will be the sub.

At least if Smith is the sub my man Nick Graham will get a proper crack at it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #232
Yep, mystified why we recruited the "mature" players such as Dick when a first year player requiring endurance work gets a gig.  That said, the ball will be on the deck a lot today with the persistent rain and those who want it most will get it.

As others have opined, it must be to replace Ellard with the side rejigged, surely he can't play across half back?

I reckon we had a bet each way with the mature recruits and thankfully they saw fit to recruit a couple of mature bodies because we have seen what happens when you try and build with draft picks and young players.

It's conceivable that we lose Simpson, Judd, Carrazzo, Jamison and Walker this year to go with any traded players we ship off.

Think about where that leaves us.

Smith is probably getting a game as a function of his attitude. He might be the only youngster who actually wants to be here today and will actually kill himself on the park.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #233
Has anyone actually seen any conformation of Simpson out for Smith?

The only place i've seen that was from a post from the sheik.

Reply #234

It's on the club website as part of the final team list.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #235

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2015/6/carl-v-bl..

Check out team lineups, Smith is CHB and Simpson out injured..

Reply #236
Cheers

Reply #237
Still bamboozled. Fair bit of pressure on Smith now to have a blinder to justify his 'jumping the queue'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #239
I'm just surprised we haven't also brought in Tutt .................at FF.  ;D

Now you're just being rediculous Cookie  ;)

Honestly, nothing would surprise me when it comes to our team selection  :(