Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 37972 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #30
This is why some of us were saying don't go too youthful.

They end up being lambs to the slaughter.

Port hit hard last night.

People argue against Daisy on a weekly basis. Guarantee if he played we don't lose by 90.
We'd still get done by plenty, but he runs both ways a lot harder than most of the blokes did last night

Reply #31
Think we'll pick a another key forward and Weitering might go back.

Really hoping we don't back to last year's crap and play both Kreuzer and Phillips leaving Levi as our only true key forward. Didn't do Kreuzer any good, Phillips gave us little around the ground and it crucified Levi. surely we don't back to that. Think McKay may get a run next week though.

Cunningham might get a run after today and I think we might pick a big bodied mid, maybe two. Polson, showed plenty early but may go back to the NB's given we're play the Swans, and McCreadie, while he's looks the goods, might be due to a run in the NB's as he's tailed off the last two weeks, as kids do. Pickett may end up in the NBs too.

Reply #32
Sounds like we should give Kerr a gig.
Let him be a stay at home forward and show us what he has.
Can't be any worse than what we are doing now. :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #33
Sounds like we should give Kerr a gig.
Let him be a stay at home forward and show us what he has.
Can't be any worse than what we are doing now. :o

Needs more NB's game time, Jones or Jaksch would be my choice if we need the extra tall/forward......Swans are still a hard unit and rocking up with too many kids
is unwise IMO...its that balance between experience/youth...learning under fire is great on the battlefield but you dont want too many youngtroops hurt in the process
and conditioned to getting hammered on the scoreboard each week either...

Reply #34
Needs more NB's game time, Jones or Jaksch would be my choice if we need the extra tall/forward......Swans are still a hard unit and rocking up with too many kids
is unwise IMO...its that balance between experience/youth...learning under fire is great on the battlefield but you dont want too many youngtroops hurt in the process
and conditioned to getting hammered on the scoreboard each week either...
I hear that EB, maybe we could drop Polson and Fisher and maybe someone else and bring in Kerr but strengthen the maturity with Daisy and Kerridge. Kruzer will also be back.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #35
The rumor I'm hearing is Kreuzer is only 50/50 to return, with Phillips the obvious out if Kreuzer returns.

Graham and Daisy would be my ins with Fisher and Polson out, but Smedts might get a nod ahead of Daisy after the weekends game.

Graham should be an in because our midfield is pretty much beat up and it's only Rnd 6.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Kerr is a steadily improving work in progress who hopefully might get a taste before the end of the year but not now.  I'd look at bringing him in if Jack Silvagni needs a rest. He needs to be surrounded by some experience, not those of like experience.

Reply #37
Kerr is a steadily improving work in progress who hopefully might get a taste before the end of the year but not now.  I'd look at bringing him in if Jack Silvagni needs a rest. He needs to be surrounded by some experience, not those of like experience.

Perhaps the person to rest is Weitering, he looks busted up and Kerr wouldn't be a bad option as a direct forward replacement. I think Silvagni is our most natural forward at the moment, and Kerr looks like a natural forward. They might work quite well together.

Let Weitering heal up a bit and bring him back into the defence, Macreadie or Williamson can then then get a rotation, or maybe even Marchbank can have a forward run..
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Perhaps the person to rest is Weitering, he looks busted up and Kerr wouldn't be a bad option as a direct forward replacement. I think Silvagni is our most natural forward at the moment, and Kerr looks like a natural forward. They might work quite well together.

Let Weitering heal up a bit and bring him back into the defence, Macreadie or Williamson can then then get a rotation, or maybe even Marchbank can have a forward run..

I'd promote Alex Silvagni...played well for the NB's vs Willy and part of his work was looking after his fellow players when things got physical...reckon he might be value down back.
I'd rest McCreadie who looks a bit lost of late...

Reply #39
The rumor I'm hearing is Kreuzer is only 50/50 to return, with Phillips the obvious out if Kreuzer returns.

Graham and Daisy would be my ins with Fisher and Polson out, but Smedts might get a nod ahead of Daisy after the weekends game.

Graham should be an in because our midfield is pretty much beat up and it's only Rnd 6.

Fisher had 17 disposals on Friday night which is coincidentally the same as Daisy's average for the year.

I prefer to watch the up and coming 19 year old's 17 disposals over the broken down 30 year old's.

Barring 21 injuries striking the club I can see no point to playing Dale Thomas ever again.

Reply #40
Fisher had 17 disposals on Friday night which is coincidentally the same as Daisy's average for the year.

I prefer to watch the up and coming 19 year old's 17 disposals over the broken down 30 year old's.

Barring 21 injuries striking the club I can see no point to playing Dale Thomas ever again.

Cant argue with that however I think Daisy will be in the team if fit....

Reply #41
I'd promote Alex Silvagni...played well for the NB's vs Willy and part of his work was looking after his fellow players when things got physical...reckon he might be value down back.

I'd like us to rest all of the young guys over the next few weeks. 1 week out and then back in. Dropping them to the VFL only when their form completely deserted them (which I don't think it has for any of them so far).

Reply #43

Daisy is underrated on these forums and I'd prefer he played ahead of someone like Gibbs.

At least daisy looks like he cares.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #44

I don't see what Silvagni would offer the side. Our defense is the least of our worries. Plus, White is better at looking after his mates than Silvagni is and isn't any worse at the rest of it.

I think you can still rest macreadie.
Plowman+Marchbank+Rowe+White....with Weitering as an option is more than enough to fill our backline.