Skip to main content

Poll

How will Carlton react to recent results?

The Quick Fix, it's back to the bad old ways!
[ 1 ] (2.1%)
Nothing, they have no idea what to do!
[ 5 ] (10.4%)
They'll stick fat, and stay on course!
[ 42 ] (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Topic: The Quick Fix (Read 17581 times) previous topic - next topic

The Quick Fix

OK, so we've had a little stumble.

How will we react, what is the gut feeling about the direction we take as a club?

btw., Wallsy on SEN after 4pm today.
The Force Awakens!

Re: The Quick Fix

Reply #1
As painful as it feels now, we need to give these guys a chance to see this through.

The reality is we've had alot of key injuries to our personnel, that we as a club given our limited depth could ill afford (much more that most). Yes, our recent performances havent been great

We are headed the right way, but we just need to dodge the numerous icebergs we are encountering.

I have promised my 9 year old son that we will keep going to games until at the very least he sees a win in the flesh. We are 0-4 so far but I am a patient (albeit crazy) individual.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #2
You'd want to change your avatar,  his jumper is puke worthy.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
The fans reaction will be mixed. Some will buy into it, some will whinge.

As for the club, given the big song and dance they made about the reset etc., I think they will stick to the plan, if only to save face. It would be a massive farce if they bailed IMO

Reply #4
It will largely depend on whether those in power at admin level at the moment are still there this time next year.
If they are, they'll stay the course...they don't have a choice.

But if we have a change...all bets are off....and I think that's about a 50/50 at the moment if things don't improve.

Reply #5
The fans reaction will be mixed. Some will buy into it, some will whinge.

As for the club, given the big song and dance they made about the reset etc., I think they will stick to the plan, if only to save face. It would be a massive farce if they bailed IMO

That would signal time to change the whole board!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
It will largely depend on whether those in power at admin level at the moment are still there this time next year.
If they are, they'll stay the course...they don't have a choice.

But if we have a change...all bets are off....and I think that's about a 50/50 at the moment if things don't improve.

All bets could well be off Lods, but what alternative approach would be possible now? Haven't we gone past the point of no return?

Reply #7
That would signal time to change the whole board!

Any pressure is on the coach and players at the moment....but it must also come for the board at some stage.
They chose this approach.
They have to own the success or failure.

Reply #8
All bets could well be off Lods, but what alternative approach would be possible now? Haven't we gone past the point of no return?

It would depend where the board challenge came from...Folks have probably had enough of some of the 'family' personalities but if a group of respected Carlton people, with a promise of a change and a plan to implement it put themselves forward, that may be an attractive proposition for many.

(Not necessarily what I want, but what I see as a real possibility.)

Reply #9
We are running out of time Lods, we are too old to be putting up with this tripe!

Even the concept of some respectable Carlton people getting involved in 2018 still looks like a 1960s war between "The Skips and The Wogs!" "The Heatley Stand vs The Outer!"

Someone drive my Rolls up to the fence line so I can watch the game, do they still make Bentleys I'll buy one if that is what it takes? ;D

Factions are everywhere, unity will be dissolved! :o

Highlighting this early, calling it the way we think it will be heading, is the only way to fight the good fight!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
We are running out of time Lods, we are too old to be putting up with this tripe!

Even the concept of some respectable Carlton people getting involved in 2018 still looks like a 1960s war between "The Skips and The Wogs!"

Factions are everywhere, unity will be dissolved! :o

Highlighting this early, calling it as we think it be heading, is the only way to fight the good fight!

As I said it's not necessarily what I want...but the question was 'How will Carlton react?'...and a lot of that will depend on 'who' Carlton is at the time.
This Carlton will stay the course...another will not.

Unity is a fragile thing, and we need it for success...but you can't demand unity...you have it inspire it.

Reply #11
As I said it's not necessarily what I want...but the question was 'How will Carlton react?'...and a lot of that will depend on 'who' Carlton is at the time.

Unity is a fragile thing, and we need it for success...but you can't demand unity...you have it inspire it.

I wonder if the AFL would stand idly by if the faction wars break out again? Or would they impose direct rule from AFL House or some other draconian measure?

Reply #12
I wonder if the AFL would stand idly by if the faction wars break out again? Or would they impose direct rule from AFL House or some other draconian measure?

Well make no mistake they have caused this, and they have perpetuated it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
42 players later and with SOS the mate of the MLG I know who the fall guy is....problem with losing a lot more games than you win with an extension to the rebuild is you lose fans/members and money. The AFL take away your Friday nights and you become Sunday game failures, sponsors get harder to get and the board get nervous and want change. Bolton will get another season but it wouldnt want to be a repeat of how this one has started, it will be interesting how panicked the club is and how we draft either more kids on mass or messiah drafting where we chase hard and pay overs for big names.

Facts are the rebuild hasnt gone the way we planned, either we have gone backwards or other clubs like North have taken big steps forward, I'm going with the latter and that puts the coach in the cross hairs along with his assistants....I'd expect some big changes to Boltons support team next season and a cleanout of his assistants...

Reply #14

The choice is either stay the course or go back to the old "Carlton doesn't rebuild". Within an overall strategy, one can change personnel, but the only two strategies are those. The only change that would make any kind of sense is to change personnel, because the new personnel can do a better job of implementing the "slow build" strategy. Other than that, I fail to see the point, and just like in politics, some won't be able to resist the temptation of instant success, better times and fancy promises.