Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 108685 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #16
Anyone else catch Yokayi Footy & Eddie on the AFL's website?

Great stuff.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/468683/yokayi-footy-betts-hopes-smoking-ceremony-will-help-shake-loss?videoId=468683&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1595534400001

Awesome. Such a wonderful culture and IMO its just not taught and shared enough in our schools. I want to learn more about it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
I saw a video of Wild Cherry singing "Play that funky music white boy" for the first time this morning, I didnt realise they were were white!! I always thought that song was by an African American band.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #18
I saw a video of Wild Cherry singing "Play that funky music white boy" for the first time this morning, I didnt realise they were were white!! I always thought that song was by an African American band.

One of my favourite all time bands GTC (along with the Doobies, Chicago, Steely Dan, Journey, ELO, etc) and as a young radio jock in Whyalla SA it was one of the first songs I played. Rob Parissi founded Wild Cherry and is the lead singer/songwriter. Folks rocked up to their first concert and were shocked to see they were white boys (like when they first saw Elvis was white ...and the Righteous Bros. were white.. sorry, I'm getting carried away). They released about 4 or so albums, each one brilliant. Rob Parissi was a huge talent and still performs today and raises money for philanthropic causes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19

News to me too.....and the missus.

:o

Reply #20

https://youtu.be/SFiv9M577a4
Just keep in mind, once you watch this video, the song will sound different forever more!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
One of my favourite all time bands GTC (along with the Doobies, Chicago, Steely Dan, Journey, ELO, etc) and as a young radio jock in Whyalla SA it was one of the first songs I played. Rob Parissi founded Wild Cherry and is the lead singer/songwriter. Folks rocked up to their first concert and were shocked to see they were white boys (like when they first saw Elvis was white ...and the Righteous Bros. were white.. sorry, I'm getting carried away). They released about 4 or so albums, each one brilliant. Rob Parissi was a huge talent and still performs today and raises money for philanthropic causes.
Cheers for that, you learn something every day.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
I wanted to comment on something and found no thread that was suitable and thought perhaps we need a thread for general, random discussion... ones that cannot and do not fit under any other heading/thread.

Just wanted to say how much I was enjoying the Zac D and Ross L discussions on the AFL website. Really good value and deeply authentic communications between the two. Insightful.

You could also start a thread about pies you have enjoyed at the footy - could be plenty to offer during this period of abstinence.

Reply #24
You could also start a thread about pies you have enjoyed at the footy - could be plenty to offer during this period of abstinence.

😂 😂 Ah, yes, the memories... they're just not the same at home in front of the teev. Can't wait for next season!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25
😂 😂 Ah, yes, the memories... they're just not the same at home in front of the teev. Can't wait for next season!

I look forward to catching up IF Dan ever lets us go to the footy again.

Reply #26
Anyone else's blood boil when you see these parasite hippy fwits giving coppers grief when they are trying to enforce covid rules? These coppers are saints, I'd see red and start swinging. I mean seriously, that silly mole who said to the copper who was arresting her "I dont consent to being arrested" and "I will sue you for armed kidnapping" ;D  ;D Did someone leave the asylum doors open? And today I watched an hour long video of a fwit truck driver who didnt have the Queensland border pass so he decided ihe hadnt committed a crime and drove off. He got pulled over again, gave the copper grief, reinforcements came, end result? Truck was unregistered, drivers licence was expired. He agreed to fill out a border pass online, got fined for the other offences, WTF was the point? The imbecile then posted on FB the whole thing which he recorded, lets just say the comments werent favourable ;D  ;D Is it me? Am I the fwit?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #27
Anyone else's blood boil when you see these parasite hippy fwits giving coppers grief when they are trying to enforce covid rules? These coppers are saints, I'd see red and start swinging. I mean seriously, that silly mole who said to the copper who was arresting her "I dont consent to being arrested" and "I will sue you for armed kidnapping" ;D  ;D Did someone leave the asylum doors open? And today I watched an hour long video of a fwit truck driver who didnt have the Queensland border pass so he decided ihe hadnt committed a crime and drove off. He got pulled over again, gave the copper grief, reinforcements came, end result? Truck was unregistered, drivers licence was expired. He agreed to fill out a border pass online, got fined for the other offences, WTF was the point? The imbecile then posted on FB the whole thing which he recorded, lets just say the comments werent favourable ;D  ;D Is it me? Am I the fwit?

It's not you...it's them.
Funny thing is these dills post their  'look at me defiance ' on facebook and then get absolutely slayed in the comments and end up having to take their 'idiocy' down.
Tolerance to these idiots will be pretty low as this thing continues.
They may be actually putting themselves at physical risk.
As one of the doctors said this week he'd like to take them on a stroll through an ICU section.

Reply #28
I mean seriously, that silly mole who said to the copper who was arresting her "I dont consent to being arrested" and "I will sue you for armed kidnapping"

As I understand it, that smart a**e is facing multiple charges, not just fines

Reply #29

In regards to the bold....

Yes. You wasted 1 hour of your time watching it.  :P

Don't give them the time of day