Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 23 In game Carlton Port Adelaide (Read 59205 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 23 In game Carlton Port Adelaide

Reply #150
Few delistings ahead

Few ???

Fairly conservative there Lance, I reckon it will be more like a massive avalanche actually.
You can turnover as many as you like, but you need to find better to replace. I doubt it will be a huge turnover and I'm not talking number wise.

I'd rather fling these imposters and take a chance on some untried young 'uns, at least you know the newbies will be giving it everything they have got.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #151
The problem we have is that people, and by people I mean coaches at our club, think a bloke like Warnock(206cm) getting 40 taps makes him a footballer. He is a footballers ar5ehole.

And Casboult at 200cm x 105kg marking uncontested on the wing and being bumped off the ball by 180cm midfielders is a good result!

We spend more time stopping players from other clubs, who are mostly nobodies against teams like Geelong or Sydney, than we do letting blokes like Murphy and Gibbs run free. Being a tagger does not make you a footballer and our coaches are nothing more than a bunch of stats nerds and bootlickers!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #152
Malthouse's kicking for goal has been terrible the last couple of weeks.

How about when Port had two men back but we didn't respond.

MBB, he's got to take some blame for this crape.

He's taken an average side and sucked the life out of them.

Ratten built this weak as piss side.

So surely the super coach should be able to do a bit better with them.

Primus built Port Adelaide.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #153
Our captain 8 touches the old bum tagging him 19 touched and 3 more then anyone else on the field.

Probably sums us up.

We're sh1t

Reply #154
We're poor ..... and this game exposes Malthouse's shortcomings as a coach as much as it does amplify the lazy administration of a club where accountability is non-existent and respect for our history, something they simply don't honour.

This one starts at the top ..... and to suggest otherwise is to mask failure for another decade.

Spot on.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #155
It's really simple - we made a mistake getting MM.  He is an arrogant, stubborn fool who lost *most* of the players when he said there'll be a big cull of the list and then Swann went and did the same (or Swann said it before MM).
Yes I would have much rather he stated his love for the pathetic excuses for footballers wearing our once great jumper. He should have announced to the world that the mediocrity delivered this year on the field by FraudFC is ok and given all the players in question a hug.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #156
Malthouse's kicking for goal has been terrible the last couple of weeks.

How about when Port had two men back but we didn't respond.

MBB, he's got to take some blame for this crape.

He's taken an average side and sucked the life out of them.

Ratten built this weak as piss side.

So surely the super coach should be able to do a bit better with them.

Primus built Port Adelaide.

Agreed.  Hinkley has done precisely what MM hasn't.

Reply #157
I don't think we could play worse than that in the second half, lets hope we can make a charge and have a few things go our way.

These threads sometimes end up being funny when read in hindsight.
Let's hope this is one of those occasions.

No point trying to limit the damage.
screw the defence
Hopefully they just go on the attack.
It's our natural game
I personally don't want the club to play finals if we have to watch them play like this.

Reply #158
If Murph was any sort of leader he would have gathered them at half time and given them what for!! didnt see it happen on TV they all just trudged off :-[

Reply #159
I would not be surprised to find MM fall on his sword after today!

If he values his career and reputation it is better that he goes now, rather than be frog marched out after the next AGM.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
I don't mind that MM is arrogant and egotistical.  I want someone coaching who believes in their own self worth.

But fancy choosing a captain who has none of these qualities.

Reply #162
Incredible goal by Betts !!!  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #163
Again, they have dropped a number back and we haven't responded.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........