Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #5 Northern Blues vs. North Ballarat (Read 14841 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #5 Northern Blues vs. North Ballarat

Reply #15
They  don't look any  good,  although they have scored 3 last  goals...

THREE QUARTER TIME: Northern Blues 8.3.51, @NB_Roosters 11.8.74.
GOALS: Warnock 2, Jones, Strachan, Graham, Bransgrove, Whiley, Russell.
The way i  see the game, there's few guys  they really should  pull their  socks  up,  one  is Jones, and few  other senior players which I don't  like to  refer their names are completely stuff...  :(  Best  on the ground for the Blues is  Bradley Walsh.. the rest are better to looking  into their souls  before  play  for Carlton... but that the way i  see the  game.....  :(

Reply #16
FULL TIME: Northern Blues 11.6.72-Roosters 14.10.94
What  can  I say? ... not  much!  :-X   Only think I want to  say it's that, >>> Who should score the goals?  I think  should be Liam Jones  or Kuzer or senior players should make the difference...  or the senior  players running and ''feeding our forward  like Blaine  Boekhors or Clemence Smith... the  one  i  see real put 100% were  Walsh, Graham, Rainbow and few from  the Bullant, the rest need to reflect their performance to the  mirror...
Well no happy , but  i  remain blue color for a better performance... ...Until next time   Go Blues!!!!!!!   8) ;D

Reply #17
Good to see Walsh making an impact.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #18
Promote Walsh and get a genuine footballer onto the senior list....

Reply #19
And he'll get the vest, play 10 minutes and get dropped for his "development".
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
i saw whiley play in the ressies and iam really concerned about this selection, slow ,cannot break a tackle (another weak body)  yeah i know his young bullcrap

Reply #21
how did Kruz perform?

Reply #22
how did Kruz perform?

A week to  forget,  wasn't that worse  player, but  he didn't  took the game  of fire, slow and  played most  on the ruck department...long way from the Kruz we  used to know....

Reply #24
My gut was telling me that they are preparing him for a trade. ..

He's a free agent. The only reason anyone is going to trade for him is if they don't want to lose a compo pick for taking him on as a Free Agent.

He's going to be picked up for fairly cheap because we won't offer him a lot or many years.

Reply #25
Buckley - looked better in the first half on the wing but not so hot in defence in the second 
Fields - lacks the speed to go with a leading forward but is better than Watson (low bar) in pretty much every way - intensity, aggression and kicking
Foster - maybe next year if he gets another one

Russell - can play a bit but not knocking down the door for senior selection
Boekhorst - first round draft pick - what were they thinking? Has some straight-line speed but only with ball in hand - can't chase to save himself and not a great kick
Walsh - a decent footballer but has the same speed map as most of the team - one-paced and not a particularly fast pace

Gowers - flashes some skills occasionally but unlikely to get anywhere near AFL standard this year
Smith - has very good disposal skills but is a waste of space as a defender because he lacks the speed (or desire) to stay with an opponent - needs a lot more speed, size or strength and I'm not sure where he is going to get it - has probably been selected for some senior games because his skills stand out against the guys he trains with

Kreuzer & Warnock - Cameron Wood is our senior ruckman
Whiley (Coyote) - best player for the NB but yet another one-paced (too slow) footballer
Graham - nowhere near as useful as Whiley around clearances because the coyote can block his opponent and then win the ball - Graham seems inept if an opponent bodies up on him - I guess there are reasons why he doesn't get selected - they include poor foot skills, lack of pace and I could go on

Viojo - unimpressive
Jones - Watson was selected ahead of him - at least Jones will chase and might catch someone
Holman - injured in the first 1/4 and did not return - made fewer mistakes than his mates and was therefore nowhere near as disappointing

Coach Webster - is doing a good job teaching the kids to play like the senior players so that they are ready to perform to the same standard if they get a chance in the senior team

Reply #26
Buckley - looked better in the first half on the wing but not so hot in defence in the second 
Fields - lacks the speed to go with a leading forward but is better than Watson (low bar) in pretty much every way - intensity, aggression and kicking
Foster - maybe next year if he gets another one

Russell - can play a bit but not knocking down the door for senior selection
Boekhorst - first round draft pick - what were they thinking? Has some straight-line speed but only with ball in hand - can't chase to save himself and not a great kick
Walsh - a decent footballer but has the same speed map as most of the team - one-paced and not a particularly fast pace

Gowers - flashes some skills occasionally but unlikely to get anywhere near AFL standard this year
Smith - has very good disposal skills but is a waste of space as a defender because he lacks the speed (or desire) to stay with an opponent - needs a lot more speed, size or strength and I'm not sure where he is going to get it - has probably been selected for some senior games because his skills stand out against the guys he trains with

Kreuzer & Warnock - Cameron Wood is our senior ruckman
Whiley (Coyote) - best player for the NB but yet another one-paced (too slow) footballer
Graham - nowhere near as useful as Whiley around clearances because the coyote can block his opponent and then win the ball - Graham seems inept if an opponent bodies up on him - I guess there are reasons why he doesn't get selected - they include poor foot skills, lack of pace and I could go on

Viojo - unimpressive
Jones - Watson was selected ahead of him - at least Jones will chase and might catch someone
Holman - injured in the first 1/4 and did not return - made fewer mistakes than his mates and was therefore nowhere near as disappointing

Coach Webster - is doing a good job teaching the kids to play like the senior players so that they are ready to perform to the same standard if they get a chance in the senior team

Zing!

Thank the gods I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
I have been reasonably impressed with Webster's output this season, so far. He is putting a bit of heart into a list that has little of it.
Last year I would have flicked him: his speeches were uninspiring and he wasn't getting much out of them. he, at least, appears to have improved and developed over the Summer.

Of course, there is a long way to go yet, and things can still go pear shaped. But I did find that a positive.

I also found very positive the fact that, after losing our way in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, we came back hard and really put in an effort. Pity our forward line was so dysfunctional. But that is another issue.

Our game plan: it really does stink. Like the seniors, we spend a quarter and a half bombing the ball forward under pressure to 1 guy against 3 or 4. When our tall target didn't mark the ball, it came out extremely easily and set up goals going the other way. It was ugly and it gave a glimpse of what was to come in the seniors. We really need to change this rapidly, and not just the kicking backwards until all our players are covered either.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
2015 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   3.2  4.2  8.3  11.7 (73)
North Ballarat   2.1  6.8  11.8  14.10 (94)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Wilson 2 Warnock 2 Bransgrove  Jones  Russell  Strachan  Viojo  Graham  Whiley
North Ballarat: Curnow 5 Black 2 Hooper 2 Lyle  Kiel  Staley  Warren  Preuss

BEST:
Northern Blues: Graham Walsh Wilkinson Fields Ballard Strachan
North Ballarat: Sewell Dumont Curnow Tippett Warren Durdin

I must admit I look at the best player list here and I wonder if these guys were at the same  game sometimes. I would not have named Wilko: he was ordinary in defence. Ballard looked promising and should be looked at for Carlton if he keeps developing. His shock of blond hair stuck out, although he did run out of juice towards the end of the game. Fields did OK and looks more promising than many. I was pleased with Walsh: he appears to have a future.
I was very disappointed that Holman got injured so early.
I'll write later with a proper summary. Thanks to RR for his thoughts.
Live Long and Prosper!