Skip to main content
Topic: Soccer fans' behaviour (Read 66916 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Soccer fans' behaviour

Reply #75
Mantis, don't worry I didn't think you were having a go :)
But I agree with what Chris has said below.

And, well, what I got out of the study is that if you take alcohol out of the picture (at certain times of night) then the violence will be less.
Of course, as you have rightly said, there will always be violence, but if we can lessen that violence through the prohibition of alcohol at certain times, then let's do it.
Tex. I love ya to bits. Please understand that drinking might not be the only key issue here. Sure violence is more common with the consumption with alcohol. However those that are naturally mean and angry, and with issues do not need alcohol to tip them off to be nasty aggressive people. In fact to take all alcohol off the shelves would only push them to take exotic drugs as your study shows. I understand your studies. I understand the figures. Do we blame every action on what people have taken ? Alcohol doesn't make a mild mannered citizen a violent killer. Its their basic nature that does.

I understand that each person is different but.....the alcoholics that I know are tremendous people with hearts of gold.....until they get drunk. Then they're not themselves, they turn violent and aggressive. Without alcohol they are upstanding people.

Reply #76
What do we define as and alcoholic? Once a week? Twice a week? Several times a week?

Anyone with alcohol 'issues', has an alcohol problem. Frequency is not a factor, behaviour is.

So therefore I don't have a problem because Iddon't go out and whack people....I'm actually quite jovial.  :D

True but it drains you of your ambition does it not? Prevents you from finding work or a career path to take? So in a way, your alcoholism doesn't seem to affect others around you which is a good thing but it certainly affects you.
But it does affect others around him, because they have to support him if he is unable to study or work or when he needs a new liver and is in hospital. Eventually, the rest have to pay.

Reply #77
I.e.  those who enjoy a drink or two with a friend, savour the flavour and bond over a few drinks, rather than get drunk to experience a different perspective.

Up to you which you fit into Gozza.  You might be able to enjoy a slab with a mate and stay relatively normal.  That just means you are poisoning your body with alcohol but aside from that not doing too much wrong.

I like to drink both with people and by myself. If it's during the week it's almost always alone. On the weekend when more people are around it's with friends. Always to get blind or nothing....and we all enjoy it over a BBQ or whatever most weekends in summer and in the winter at the footy or local footy. We never share a slab...I usually polish off one by myself.  ;D There's never any serious trouble either. In short, we can all drink and put away a sh1tload and handle it. Grog's not an exclusive excuse for stomping on a bloke's head or king-hitting someone, but if the person can't handle it, it's a dangerous combination.

Reply #78
Well their is only one real solution for this alcohol problem with soccer fans. We have to enforce a ban immediately. We ban soccer and the problem will just go away. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #79
Why does everyone think alcohol is involved? These people are just gutless idiots that gain courage from being in numbers drunk or not.

Reply #80
Why does everyone think alcohol is involved? These people are just gutless idiots that gain courage from being in numbers drunk or not.

I tried to hint this outcome, but most claim nice people become gutless idiots when drunk. Otherwise a gathering of drunks would have all of them attempting to kill each other in a crowd. New Years Eve would become a slaughter yard. Like a long past civil war. I guess the boys nights out I have had with a dozen or more friends all drunk should have had 10 of us spend a night in hospital, yet only one or two of them were ever trouble at any one time. They were the ones that were super polite when sober and usually quiet in nature. Yet if someone they didn't know looked at them they would approach them and say "What are you looking at, are you looking for trouble"? Creating a heated moment and suggesting a fight. Drinking just made this even worse, because everyone was in their target scope.

Not saying drinking isn't an issue in society, but a rotten egg is a rotten egg at any time of the day, and in any state of mind, sober or drunk. Just remember back to senior school days, and the so called tough guys who walked around in groups and singled people out who they beat up on. They were not drunk at the time they acted in such a way. If anything give these people some speed and watch them behave. Just my thoughts, but I do understand those that feel alcohol is an issue in any part of society. They have reason to believe so based on past history of issues in the streets.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #81
Banning might work. Bit different in this example but when I was in primary school I got banned from school excursions because I couldn't behave myself.  ;D

Reply #82

Not saying drinking isn't an issue in society, but a rotten egg is a rotten egg at any time of the day, and in any state of mind, sober or drunk.

And I just provided you with examples where the rotten egg is the alcohol. Each person is different no doubt.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
I reckon when you're pissed the inner person comes out.

Reply #84

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and so you are right Gozz. If there's a bad egg in there alcohol will certainly help it to get out by removing/lowering any control the person may have over it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #85

Nup, it's the opposite in fact, you are far from what is considered to be your normal self.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and so you are right Gozz. If there's a bad egg in there alcohol will certainly help it to get out by removing/lowering any control the person may have over it.

Yep and that's why I don't get on the piss with people who are generally sh1t natured at the best of times. Known a few like that. One swung at me several times so i defended myself and we havent been on the piss together since.  ;D

Reply #88

Nup, it's the opposite in fact, you are far from what is considered to be your normal self.

:(

Well think about it, if you're smashed you don't even really know what you're doing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89

:(

Well think about it, if you're smashed you don't even really know what you're doing.

It depends really. I've been on here pretty maggoted several times and have still been able to type correctly. So I've known how to use a computer and type.