Skip to main content
Topic: Soccer fans' behaviour (Read 67391 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Soccer fans' behaviour

Reply #90
Carrots & Gozza

Everyone is different the way they react when they have alcohol in their system but I tend to agree with the Gozz man in regards to the inner self coming out
Some get loud, some emotional, some violent etc
In regards to the d1ckheads at the soccer they probably are looking for trouble before they head off to the soccer & get full of p!ss
I've been on here (not recently) after a fair few and no one would know

Reply #91
Without booze and fighting, there would be no soccer. During those incredibly tedious matches, the European fans would freeze and the rest of the world would be bored stupid. Alcohol is literally the only thing that makes the sport tolerable.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #92
Not all boring sports lead to mindless violence!

The behavior of soccer fans is too easily dismissed by blaming booze, drugs or other influences.

In any case I understand some of the recent behavior allegedly came from events surrounding a specific ethnic group that supposedly fundamentally bans alcohol on religious grounds. Such is the irony that the recent violence flared up at a pub, and so much for the values and effectiveness of that religion!

There is no escaping this is an ethnicity issue and nothing to do with sport at all!

Sports violence is just the disguise that the discrimination and racism wears to allow it to come out in public!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
The attack on soccer coincides with a world cup year.

It must be that the game is boring or intolerable, maybe its the ethnics, maybe its just that some people are ignorant.  At the end of the day, intolerance is the issue.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/breaking-news/footy-fans-attacked-in-vic-after-afl-match/story-fnj6ehgr-1226715120204

It cant be that some people are just complete and utter knobs now, can it?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #94
The attack on soccer coincides with a world cup year.

It must be that the game is boring or intolerable, maybe its the ethnics, maybe its just that some people are ignorant.  At the end of the day, intolerance is the issue.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/breaking-news/footy-fans-attacked-in-vic-after-afl-match/story-fnj6ehgr-1226715120204

It cant be that some people are just complete and utter knobs now, can it?

Or intoxicated after drinking too much? Surely not!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
Or maybe they lost their money on the pokies earlier in the day ;D

Reply #96
Or maybe they lost their money on the pokies earlier in the day ;D

And can't afford another pack of smokes? Strong possibilities.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #97
A few nights ago when I got pissed, I couldn't stop laughing.  ;D ;D

Reply #98
I reckon when you're pissed the inner person comes out.

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and so you are right Gozz. If there's a bad egg in there alcohol will certainly help it to get out by removing/lowering any control the person may have over it.

People spend their entire days working and being in a social environment where they learn to control their angry side that has a certain amount of patience and self control. They come to Little Athletics and their kids have a bad day and they rip into them like they are about to kill them. It happens at little league footy too. Sober adults. Just fly off tap at something most of us would just shake our heads at. They behave for hours but when they feel enough is enough they lose their control. It doesn't take much of any known substance to lower their ability to keep their control. However genuine nice people have events where they drink too much and just become a person that can't stop laughing and not want to have confrontation in any state of mind they are in. Otherwise alcohol would be assumed to turn all of us into natural born killers.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #99

The behavior of soccer fans is too easily dismissed by blaming booze, drugs or other influences.

In any case I understand some of the recent behavior allegedly came from events surrounding a specific ethnic group that supposedly fundamentally bans alcohol on religious grounds. Such is the irony that the recent violence flared up at a pub, and so much for the values and effectiveness of that religion!

There is no escaping this is an ethnicity issue and nothing to do with sport at all!

Sports violence is just the disguise that the discrimination and racism wears to allow it to come out in public!

Onto something, Spotted Large Feline.

A volatile mix - passionate ethnicity (fuelled by centuries of conflict, anger and distrust), frustratingly limited scoring, limited intelligence and grog = what we see.

...and another thing. Soccer players are probably amongst the most wimpish of all the ball sport combatants - a slight knock to the knee and you'll see them fall to the ground and cry like a 4 year old with a grazed knee. In fact, this is a sport that would be better played by women as they'd be way less sooky than the boys. >:D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #100
After a few pages of discussion, I think the one thing we can all unianimously agree on here: getting pissed is grouse.  ;D

Reply #101

A volatile mix - passionate ethnicity (fuelled by centuries of conflict, anger and distrust), frustratingly limited scoring, limited intelligence and grog = what we see.

...and another thing. Soccer players are probably amongst the most wimpish of all the ball sport combatants - a slight knock to the knee and you'll see them fall to the ground and cry like a 4 year old with a grazed knee. In fact, this is a sport that would be better played by women as they'd be way less sooky than the boys. >:D
garbage.  Complete utter racist drivel.

The bit about soccer players being soft is likewise drivel.

Would be like us baptising footy players as soft based on Matthew Lloyd's free kicks. 
They only go down to win free kicks.  Hence the miraculous recovery.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #102
After a few pages of discussion, I think the one thing we can all unianimously agree on here: getting pissed is grouse.  ;D

GozzMan... you're sinking back into your old ways. Getting pissed is not grouse... in fact it is grandly dumb; a vehicle to early death; stupid and how to validate every negative opinion of you as seen by others.

GozzMan... your sober contributions here are.... well, 'contributions!'.

But... Mate... your alcohol fueled contributions/promotions only paint you (likely, unfairly) as a bona fide c0ckhead.

Forget commenting on and talking about alcohol and give us more sober footy stuff, please. In fact, impose a ban upon yourself when pissed to post anything.

Reply #103

garbage.  Complete utter racist drivel.

The bit about soccer players being soft is likewise drivel.

Would be like us baptising footy players as soft based on Matthew Lloyd's free kicks. 
They only go down to win free kicks.  Hence the miraculous recovery.

3 Leos. Didn't you see the emoticon at the end of my stir? Tongue in cheek!!! Maybe your reaction illustrates my point >:D

Reply #104
That didn't look like a tongue in cheek emoticon to me Baggers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!