Skip to main content
Topic: Which of our new players should play in the NAB Challenge? (Read 14528 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Which of our new players should play in the NAB Challenge?

Reply #30
Really don't like White or McInnes. Prefer McInnes though as he has more upside and was coming back from a knee but I wasn't impressed with either TBH.

Don't be surprised to find a fit White in the forward line ahead of Casboult or Rowe, especially if both SpecialK and 206 play.

I cannot see SpecialK, 206, Casboult, Jamison, Hendo and Everitt all in the same side.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Would prefer White up forward if anywhere but yeah, would rather him not be there full stop. Great backup but that's where it ends.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
Really don't like White or McInnes. Prefer McInnes though as he has more upside and was coming back from a knee but I wasn't impressed with either TBH.

Don't be surprised to find a fit White in the forward line ahead of Casboult or Rowe, especially if both SpecialK and 206 play.

Mick seemed to like White in that long leading forward role that Tarrant used to play. Not sure why when we have a far superior player in 1AW who can do it.

Reply #33

Mick seemed to like White in that long leading forward role that Tarrant used to play. Not sure why when we have a far superior player in 1AW who can do it.

Mick logic.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #34

Mick logic.

I don't believe 1AW is strong enough body on body, which is why he also seems vulnerable deep in defense. When you are the forward target you have to find a way when things are not in your favor, you just can't let the defense win or your team will lose.

White looks to be able to compete both ways, although I concede he is nowhere near as impressive as 1AW on the run or in a marking situation.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
Last time Walker played a full season up forward, he booted 56 goals. That's elite from a guy who wasn't even the main target (and wouldn't be again) no matter which way you look at it. Why he then went back to defense is a bit of a mystery, despite the fact that he had an excellent year in 2013. With additional runners and quality ball users added to the squad this year, I'd love to see 1AW back up forward where, IMO, he plays his best football and belongs. He's an incredibly tough match up for any opposing team.

Back on topic, though, the NAB Challenge should give opportunity to all of our new players to push for a spot in the Round 1 side. We, Mick, and everyone else knows what the rest of our squad can do when they play together, so this is really the only bonafide opportunity to test out new blood without any risk of losing Premiership points.

If every single draftee, FA and Trade acquisition doesn't get a run over the next few weeks, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #36
I think MM put 1AW back into defence because he felt Laidler and Duigan did not provide enough run. Be interesting to see what he does with him this year now we have both Doherty and Everitt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #37
I think MM put 1AW back into defence because he felt Laidler and Duigan did not provide enough run.

But he took the very best runner in Yarran out of defence as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
I think MM put 1AW back into defence because he felt Laidler and Duigan did not provide enough run.

As you so eloquently put things on occasions PI2C - he's not a defender's asshole!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #39
I wanna see our Irish guys all get a gig.

remember Zach's first bounce......it bounced back over his head !!! ;D ;D
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #40

As you so eloquently put things on occasions PI2C - he's not a defender's asshole!  ;)

I think he held his own more often than not. I think he really needs to be thrown into the pressure situations where he'll either sink or swim to get the best out of him. That's why defence suits him so well. There's nowhere to hide and if he gets the ball there's plenty of space to run into.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!