Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80068 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #45
McInnes and Watson cant play in the same backline together...in fact McInnes is a VFL player only...I'd play White or Giles ahead of him.
Watson always seems a couple of steps off the pace  of the game, not sure where we are headed with him.

Same old Same old...need two Hendersons......every team we play will load up with three talls forward and force us to drag Henderson back.

Game plan.....wont work with this team who dont have the skill level to hit targets all the way along the boundary line, Jamisons kick out off bounds under no pressure was a fine example.

Walker has to play forward to make us more potent, dont like him down back, gets frustrated and lost his cool a couple of times....

Geez EB, you are talking about going back to a game plan of three years ago! That got Ratten the bullet!

Two Hendersons, we don't have one! My insider states he has done a calf and could be out for four to five weeks if it turns out bad.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
I predict we will be 2-6 (at best) when we get to the bye end 9.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
That's it for me, we won't progress with Malthouse as coach.  The list is good enough but the gameplan is outdated and the coach can't respond to the opposition's tactics.

Bit of both for me DJ....backline is terrible but the gameplan shows up  poor skills from some players and some of them wont improve in that area.
The gameplan needs to be changed and suit the list and Mick has to be brave enough to say he has got it wrong...

Reply #48
Shown up in the fitness stakes.

Couldn't maintain the first quarter defensive efforts.
Skills then fall away.
Tackles drop off a cliff.

But we still could have won so maybe we have some hope.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!

It's exactly what happened.

Fitness is key and at the moment we don't have a good enough level.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

I'm hoping Buttifant has a plan.

We conceded 6 goals straight from about halfway through the second quarter to about 5 minutes into the third quarter.Players were fresh after half time and three of those goal came then. We had 34 tackles to half time but only 2 halfway through the third quarter.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
McInnes and Watson cant play in the same backline together...in fact McInnes is a VFL player only...I'd play White or Giles ahead of him.
Watson always seems a couple of steps off the pace  of the game, not sure where we are headed with him.

Same old Same old...need two Hendersons......every team we play will load up with three talls forward and force us to drag Henderson back.

Game plan.....wont work with this team who dont have the skill level to hit targets all the way along the boundary line, Jamisons kick out off bounds under no pressure was a fine example.

Walker has to play forward to make us more potent, dont like him down back, gets frustrated and lost his cool a couple of times....

Watson still young - deserves to be given a real crack this year.

The rest I think is spot on.

Reply #50
Shown up in the fitness stakes.

Couldn't maintain the first quarter defensive efforts.
Skills then fall away.
Tackles drop off a cliff.

But we still could have won so maybe we have some hope.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!

It's exactly what happened.

Fitness is key and at the moment we don't have a good enough level.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

I'm hoping Buttifant has a plan.

We conceded 6 goals straight from about halfway through the second quarter to about 5 minutes into the third quarter.Players were fresh after half time and three of those goal came then. We had 34 tackles to half time but only 2 halfway through the third quarter.

Couldn't sustain the effort.

Wobbly legs don't make good footballers.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #51
Scheizenhausen! Skata! Merda!

Reply #52
But the legs wouldn't have been wobbly after half time, the commitment sure as hell was though.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #53

Geez EB, you are talking about going back to a game plan of three years ago! That got Ratten the bullet!

Two Hendersons, we don't have one! My insider states he has done a calf and could be out for four to five weeks if it turns out bad.

LP...We wont save games with such an iffy backline so we need to kick more goals to win them...Walker can help up us do that along with Menzel.

Reply #54
The gameplan needs to be changed and suit the list and Mick has to be brave enough to say he has got it wrong...

You'll and Malthouse will die waiting for that to happen!

These AFL coaches must be some of the most arrogant people on the face of the planet. Mind you we have probably the most arrogant one. Lets not paint pretty pictures here, this list is not suited to this game plan, actually I think it was more suited to this game plan before trade and draft week!

Now not only is the game plan outdated, but the recruiting in trying to get a size 12 into a size 6 might have set us back a decade!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55

Two Hendersons, we don;t have one! My insider states he has done a calf and could be out for four to five weeks if it turns out bad.

Elwood is completely right though, Walker to the half-forward line not only gives us another potent attacking option but you all know his best ever season was playing in that position. He'll kick 45-50 goals a season if left there.

Yarran off half-back was a smart move by Ratten and it worked a treat so why not leave him there too. He was missing for long periods of the match tonight and no team can afford to carry passengers.

Malthouse needs to maintain the good things that Ratten did (eg. those two positional moves above) and then work on the other players and try to find a worthwhile role for them if they don't already have one.

He has tried Buckley in a back pocket during the NAB which appears to be the slot for him, this is the type of thinking we need MM to keep implementing, not reinvent and reinvent and reinvent.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #56
hope a journalist rocks up to the press conference with food
and tells MM " its taste better than the sh1te your team served up tonight"

Reply #57
LP...We wont save games with such an iffy backline so we need to kick more goals to win them...Walker can help up us do that along with Menzel.

I agree EB, but I think it is too late we would be going in circles and the list doesn't suit the old game plans now either!

We won't be able to defend, and we cannot be caught in a shoot out either!

If it didn't remind me so much of EFC I would describe us as being in Neverland!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Yarran off half-back was a smart move by Ratten and it worked a treat so why not leave him there too. He was missing for long periods of the match tonight and no team can afford to carry passengers.

Errr, wasn't he on Wingard AKA the invisible man? Did a fantastic defensive job and used it well when he got it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!