Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80097 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #90
Shown up in the fitness stakes.

Couldn't maintain the first quarter defensive efforts.
Skills then fall away.
Tackles drop off a cliff.

But we still could have won so maybe we have some hope.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!

It's exactly what happened.

Fitness is key and at the moment we don't have a good enough level.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

I'm hoping Buttifant has a plan.

We conceded 6 goals straight from about halfway through the second quarter to about 5 minutes into the third quarter.Players were fresh after half time and three of those goal came then. We had 34 tackles to half time but only 2 halfway through the third quarter.

11 games last year we were 15 points up or more and conceded 5 or more goals on the run.

Nothing has changed.

MM praised that we turned over 25% of the list and only plays 2 new players, and starts a genuine talent as sub and rolls out the same side... Cripps, Menzel, Holmam, Giles, Buckley. Time to bite the bullet Mick
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #91
I said we wont make the 8 this year.

tonight proves it.

Reply #92
I have started my delist/trade list for the years end 2014:

Robinson
Watson
Kruezer
Warnock
Walker
Waite
Jamison

- just a start

Reply #93
Apparently allegedly the media shared a packet of Twisties at the MM press conference, even they have lost respect for the man!  :-[
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
I have started my delist/trade list for the years end 2014:

Robinson
Watson
Kruezer
Warnock
Walker
Waite
Jamison

- just a start

WOW !!

And people reckon I'm harsh.   ;D
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #95
No club would touch Robinson.

#united #reset

Reply #97
I thought Jammo did some OK stuff tonight, but he was surrounded by panic merchants which made his job horrible. The defence wasn't to blame for the 2nd quarter, that was our on ball division being smashed at stoppages.

The torp, dead unlucky, we had 3 players to 1 streaming onto that ball and it bounced backwards over all of them. None of them had the brains to read the bounce, they are not used to dealing with torps, they don't know what happens when the point is heading down. That wasn't Jammo's fault.

Take a look at the highlight of the Yarran goal, check out how it all started, we need more of that not less.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
Saw enough tonight to fairly say we are going downhill.   Malthouse i slowly bleeding the life out of this club.   The whole club needs a reality check.  We are no where near winning a flag with this lot.   11am my arse.

We need an injection of youth.  We can no longer rely on the old brigade to get us over the line.

X2.

Sadly we have had a long running inbuilt mentality that we can buy/trade in established players, premiership coaches, experienced trainers etc and they alone will make as a force.

When are we going to accept that this is not the 80s anymore. Have a sad history now of thinking we can simply get one of two 'messiahs' and 'bang' that alone will get us to the next level.

User that mindset in getting Judd, Pratt, Swan, Malthouse and now Thomas.

How long is every man and his dog going to say 'we are an ok side but lack hard bodies mids 1-2 key stay at home forwards and defenders. 

So who do we target - a finishing mid who has a huge injury cloud over him and another 2-3 tier running swing men.

And lost our only true small consistent forward in the process.

Our forward set up has not changed in 10 years. No system at all.

Tough times ahead.

Reply #99
No club would touch Robinson.

I reckon a handful would, if only to provide some protection for their younger guys.

Do a trade to get Green, Treloar, Swallow, Prestia or Stanley. They know how to deliver and are really young. So too goes for Wines or Wingard if there is a chance. Cameron, Dixon, or what ever is available.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #100

Skills then fall away.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

We conceded 6 goals straight from about halfway through the second quarter to about 5 minutes into the third quarter.Players were fresh after half time and three of those goal came then. We had 34 tackles to half time but only 2 halfway through the third quarter.

11 games last year we were 15 points up or more and conceded 5 or more goals on the run.

Nothing has changed.

MM praised that we turned over 25% of the list and only plays 2 new players, and starts a genuine talent as sub and rolls out the same side... Cripps, Menzel, Holmam, Giles, Buckley. Time to bite the bullet Mick

Might be time Shades, but if you are going to play a lot of those kids at once then you better get ready for some pain. We would have lost by 70 tonight with more guys who can't run out games.

Dockers and Hawks will show whats required this year. 4/4 of merciless grinding football.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #101
Is a Malthouse 11 o'clock equivalent to a Ratten Top 4?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #102
I thought Jammo did some OK stuff tonight, but he was surrounded by panic merchants which made his job horrible. The defence wasn't to blame for the 2nd quarter, that was our on ball division being smashed at stoppages.

The torp, dead unlucky, we had 3 players to 1 streaming onto that ball and it bounced backwards over all of them. None of them had the brains to read the bounce. That wasn't Jammo's fault.

Take a look at the highlight of the Yarran goal, check out how it all started, we need more of that not less.

Yarran was arguing with another Carlton defender (I think Henderson) for Yarran not taking his man...there are too many conditional footballers in our Club

Hughes is gone but his decisions will last until such time we remove them from the Club by another recruitment or list management decision

Reply #103
Saw enough tonight to fairly say we are going downhill.   Malthouse i slowly bleeding the life out of this club.   The whole club needs a reality check.  We are no where near winning a flag with this lot.   11am my arse.

We need an injection of youth.  We can no longer rely on the old brigade to get us over the line.

X2.

Sadly we have had a long running inbuilt mentality that we can buy/trade in established players, premiership coaches, experienced trainers etc and they alone will make as a force.

When are we going to accept that this is not the 80s anymore. Have a sad history now of thinking we can simply get one of two 'messiahs' and 'bang' that alone will get us to the next level.

User that mindset in getting Judd, Pratt, Swan, Malthouse and now Thomas.

How long is every man and his dog going to say 'we are an ok side but lack hard bodies mids 1-2 key stay at home forwards and defenders. 

So who do we target - a finishing mid who has a huge injury cloud over him and another 2-3 tier running swing men.

And lost our only true small consistent forward in the process.

Our forward set up has not changed in 10 years. No system at all.

Tough times ahead.

agree - we don't have the development skill in our DNA
we see other club as incubators and pay premium when they come good
we like paying full price for 10litres of milk when it expires tomorrow

Reply #104

Skills then fall away.

Nothing has changed.

Might be time Shades, but if you are going to play a lot of those kids at once then you better get ready for some pain. We would have lost by 70 tonight with more guys who can't run out games.

Dockers and Hawks will show whats required this year. 4/4 of merciless grinding football.

And that's different from 5 goal losses?

#united #reset