Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 80102 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #225
Murphy needs to learn how to Captain.

If the rumors are true he was injured and probably should not have been out there, perhaps if Judd, Carrazzo and Scotland had be right to play in the 1s he may have not played!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #226

If the rumors are true he was injured and probably should not have been out there, perhaps if Judd, Carrazzo and Scotland had be right to play in the 1s he may have not played!

Wow the excuses have started already! Looked fine in the first quarter to me.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #227
Too many times on at crucial stages on Sunday, he shirked responsibility and through his actions, deflated team and supporter morale.

Captains Effort Fail 1
Running into goal late in the 2nd term he should ve gone for it himself, but handballed to he of fantastic skills Robbo, wjo missed a virtually open goal. Would ve put us 2 and half goals up and grabbed some momentum going into half time.

Captains Effort Fail 2
Late in the 3rd qtr, he takes a mark inside 50 on a slight angle. Captains goal time we all thought, as a goal would ve stretched the lead out  to over  two goals. What does he do ? Sh*t himself, and handball over to Touhy who misses.

Captains Effort Fail 3
Early in the last term, Murphy gets the ball on the wing and bursts  forward with Gibbs  open for a handpass and then  an opportunity for a shot at goal. What does Murph do ? Hold onto the ball too long, and then fluff the pass to Gibbs, Port get the ball take it down the field and get the first goal of the last, so instead of being 2 goals up and with the momentum of the 1st goal of the last quarter, momentum swung Ports ways and we never got it back.

At  least under Judd, while he wasn't the most vocal captain, cometh the hour, cometh the man. We all remember countless games over the years when games were on the line, when Judd stepped up as Captain and just said ' come with me' and the troops have followed.

Being captain has made him guilty about being selfish....he needs to told to be selfish because he is one of our best players and we want the ball in his hands.....if he cant do it then I would find a new captain...

Reply #228

Wow the excuses have started already! Looked fine in the first quarter to me.

You know the media questioned his fitness before the game on Saturday press conference, what is your agenda?

Further it was reported here that he has been suffering back spasms and we know he received a lot of lower back attention from physiology staff on the boundary line.

But as the saying goes if you cross the line you are fit and I haven't heard Murphy making excuses.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #229
No agenda, just think it's funny there is always an excuse for him but everyone else is sheizen. And he certainly didn't start the game like he was nursing an injury. Not saying Murphy himself has the excuses, more people on here.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #230
No agenda, just think it's funny there is always an excuse for him but everyone else is sheizen. And he certainly didn't start the game like he was nursing an injury.

Not everyone is Shizen, just a good few!  ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #231
Too many times on at crucial stages on Sunday, he shirked responsibility and through his actions, deflated team and supporter morale.

Captains Effort Fail 1
Running into goal late in the 2nd term he should ve gone for it himself, but handballed to he of fantastic skills Robbo, wjo missed a virtually open goal. Would ve put us 2 and half goals up and grabbed some momentum going into half time.

Captains Effort Fail 2
Late in the 3rd qtr, he takes a mark inside 50 on a slight angle. Captains goal time we all thought, as a goal would ve stretched the lead out  to over  two goals. What does he do ? Sh*t himself, and handball over to Touhy who misses.

Captains Effort Fail 3
Early in the last term, Murphy gets the ball on the wing and bursts  forward with Gibbs  open for a handpass and then  an opportunity for a shot at goal. What does Murph do ? Hold onto the ball too long, and then fluff the pass to Gibbs, Port get the ball take it down the field and get the first goal of the last, so instead of being 2 goals up and with the momentum of the 1st goal of the last quarter, momentum swung Ports ways and we never got it back.

At  least under Judd, while he wasn't the most vocal captain, cometh the hour, cometh the man. We all remember countless games over the years when games were on the line, when Judd stepped up as Captain and just said ' come with me' and the troops have followed.

For 1 & 2, he would have been kicking from outside 50 m.  If no.3 is the one I'm thinking of, I thought he should have had a ping himself.

Judd was also guilty of that as Captain.

Reply #232
To do this we must recruit one man only, SOS must come home. Look at what he has created in GWS, it is his team. Now is the time to bring him back and rebuild this team from scratch. Trade everyone with any currency, give the team five years, gut this list.
With all due respect to SOS, he has had 22 top 10 draft picks to work with. I could have picked those blokes and come up smelling of roses. Still would love to have the great man back home and I agree with you that it may well be time to gut the list and start the re-build. I honestly believe we have missed the boat as far as challenging for the flag goes and the way GWS is traveling they'll be so hard to beat in 2-3 years it may pay to bypass their era and have a real crack when they're on the decline. I will most probably be retired by then.  :(

Reply #233
How do Port have the ball 50 more times than us (twice as much) in the last quarter yet win the tackle count 14-4?

Just saw that stat on OTC and Geard states the bleeding obvious, no leadership.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #234
How do Port have the ball 50 more times than us (twice as much) in the last quarter yet win the tackle count 14-4?

Just saw that stat on OTC and Geard states the bleeding obvious, no leadership.

I have just come to the sobering conclusion that we are Richmond. FFS, how the @#&% did it all come to this??

Reply #235
Going alright to 3/4 time then badly ran out of legs. Reckon we were struggling to keep running by half time. Did a good job to come  back again in the 3rd qtr but physically we were done. No different to the lead-up  games. hope it doesn't take too long for the match fitness to get up to par.

Our side is frustrating but never boring. We can be so brilliant and so bad in the same game. Great start, the good, the usual nana nap, the bad, the 3rd qtr comeback when in trouble, the good, then die a death, the bad.

Reply #236
Going alright to 3/4 time then badly ran out of legs. Reckon we were struggling to keep running by half time. Did a good job to come  back again in the 3rd qtr but physically we were done. No different to the lead-up  games. hope it doesn't take too long for the match fitness to get up to par.

Our side is frustrating but never boring. We can be so brilliant and so bad in the same game. Great start, the good, the usual nana nap, the bad, the 3rd qtr comeback when in trouble, the good, then die a death, the bad.

Was wondering where you'd got to.

I agree FWIW.

Reply #237

Not sure Jimbo, you blamed it on the fitness and then went on to say it's typical of us anyway.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #238
Tough call on Walker. This incidental contact rule can be confusing at times. He made contact with the ball first, his only other option was to pull out. Strictly applied two players going for a mark, who make incidental head contact and knock each other out, should both be liable for suspension.
Walker got let off on the Westhoff one, got done for the stupid flinging of Monfries into the fence. Reckless, dangerous and just plane imbecilic.

:-[ sorry, I hadn't realized that it was for the fence slam...iin that case he's lucky to only get 1 game suspension.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #239
I called it.

You guys are confident, I'm not. I'll be happy with a win.

I've picked Port, we were pretty much even with them last season and we haven't had the best preparation with most of our best players under injury clouds.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!