Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 VFL Rd 2: Northern Blues vs Geelong at Geelong (Read 10983 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 VFL Rd 2: Northern Blues vs Geelong at Geelong

Reply #30
It was great to see Matty Kreuzer in the highlights - his mobility and ability to link up has been sorely missed - and in the post game interview.  He was obviously pleased to get through the game, even with a bit of extra time on the pine.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31
very pleased he was!

Very likeable fella it appears.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #32
It was great to see Matty Kreuzer in the highlights - his mobility and ability to link up has been sorely missed - and in the post game interview.  He was obviously pleased to get through the game, even with a bit of extra time on the pine.

True story.
Difference between W - L imo
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #33
I read or heard Lang played limited time of HB.
Is that a new role for him?
Can he a) aid in our link up play, b) play the small forward role?
Or c) none of the above  ;)

I hope he gets fit and gives us something...
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #34
I read or heard Lang played limited time of HB.
Is that a new role for him?
Can he a) aid in our link up play, b) play the small forward role?
Or c) none of the above  ;)

I hope he gets fit and gives us something...

I have high hopes for Lang.

He isnt crap, he just hasnt been fit with us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #35
I have high hopes for Lang.

He isnt crap, he just hasnt been fit with us.

Does fitness come from the heart?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Player review up on the web site for the this round. Good signs from Stoker and we may see him make his debut soon as it seems that he is a quick learner.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-16/vfl-player-review-round-2

He is also featured in the coaches corner.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-04-16/carlton-coaches-corner-liam-stocker

Reply #37
Player review up on the web site for the this round. Good signs from Stoker and we may see him make his debut soon as it seems that he is a quick learner.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-16/vfl-player-review-round-2

He is also featured in the coaches corner.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-04-16/carlton-coaches-corner-liam-stocker

Playing stocker this early is a tell that we have a lot of issues with small backs.

Paul Hewson

Reply #38
Playing stocker this early is a tell that we have a lot of issues with small backs.

Or it's rewarding good form!

Willo well ahead of him and he's hardly going to be picked ahead of of Simmo or Daisy?

They're just pumping his tyres up....

Our defence is our shining light presently in any event....

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39

Willo well ahead of him and he's hardly going to be picked ahead of of Simmo or Daisy?

I suspect they look to him as a small forward if he gets a run, which is ironic given they play him in defence! Possibly because Owies was ill, I would have thought Owies off the HBF and through the midfield was the better option with Stocker forward of center.

Things will change with Williamson and Macreadie back, I hope they get a good run at footy injury free.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40

Lachie o brien says hi.

Jack silvagni and Matt Kennedy must be wondering what they have to do to get a game.

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
Lachie o brien says hi.

Jack silvagni and Matt Kennedy must be wondering what they have to do to get a game.

The stats say high, like moneyball, playing forward JSoS had 6 shots at goal for 2.3 with one OTF.

Hardly the finisher we need given our recent losses!

I think if JSoS gets a run it will be as a Setterfield replacement, but I fear the timing is bad because the pace of the Dogs will show him up!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
The stats say high, like moneyball, playing forward JSoS had 6 shots at goal for 2.3 with one OTF.

Hardly the finisher we need given our recent losses!

I think if JSoS gets a run it will be as a Setterfield replacement, but I fear the timing is bad because the pace of the Dogs will show him up!

Fasolo didn't deserve a game ahead of polson

O brien didn't deserve a game ahead of anyone

Can we abandon this myth that players worthy of a game are getting opportunities??

The only way you could argue it is that stocker has less requirements to earn a game than the others due to length of time at the club.

Either way when you play first year players ahead of schedule (see o brien last season) they are either supremely talented and might surprise or our senior bodies are struggling and the last few matches have shown me our blokes cant play 4 quarters and match fitness is an issue.

Paul Hewson

Reply #43
Gees,  hasn't Fasolo been a home run money ball pick up... Not
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44
Gees,  hasn't Fasolo been a home run money ball pick up... Not

My opinion hasn't changed, he is a bet we've placed, I'm just not sure we can afford those bets at this time. It feels too soon, I hope he proves me wrong!

To me it would make more sense for a club on the borderline of success to pick up a player like Fasolo, I see him as an icing on the cake type player not a 24x7 type. I do not think he brings the kids much, at least on the field, maybe he has prime value off the field like Lobbe, although some would now question that as well!
The Force Awakens!