Skip to main content
Topic: Jayde Van Dyke traded to St. Kilda (Read 1648 times) previous topic - next topic

Jayde Van Dyke traded to St. Kilda

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/788293/blues-farewell-van-dyk-in-pick-swap
THE Carlton Football Club can confirm it has completed a trade with St Kilda that will see defender Jayde Van Dyk move to Moorabbin for a swap of third-round draft picks.

The Blues move up six spots in the third round of the 2020 NAB AFLW Draft after receiving pick No.36 overall (currently No.21 in Victoria region) in exchange for Van Dyk and pick No.42 overall.

A fringe player who is moving for opportunity basically.

We move up a couple of picks and give the player what she wanted.

Win-win.

Re: Jayde Van Dyke traded to St. Kilda

Reply #1
Jayde Van who?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
She's replacing Moore in the senior side this week...😛
Couldnt possibly do a worse job.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
She's replacing Moore in the senior side this week...😛

Funny you should say that, i was thinking we could use a Sarah Hosking type in the mens side.

Reply #5
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/788293/blues-farewell-van-dyk-in-pick-swap
A fringe player who is moving for opportunity basically.

We move up a couple of picks and give the player what she wanted.

Win-win.
Maybe it was just me, but I rated Jayde quite highly. She was a top choice lock-down defender before she got injured, especially in a defence that otherwise lacks height.
When she got injured, we had to rearrange our defence. With the development of Mua and Wilson, she couldn't get back in (not that her injury helped her there). I think she was worth a lot more than promoting a pick a couple of places.

So be it, but I'm going to be really angry if she stars for the 'Aints.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Maybe it was just me, but I rated Jayde quite highly. She was a top choice lock-down defender before she got injured, especially in a defence that otherwise lacks height.
Agreed, she seemed to have the right mental approach, but never really got to make enough of an impact in the 1s. I can't recall if I saw her much in 1s games, my memory is more of her playing well in pre-season/practice stuff and thinking we might have a player.

Maybe she lacks durability. AFLW despite being 1/2-a-Season is still a tough gig in Women's sport. I think also the change in game plan has far more emphasis on run now, and Jayde wasn't the world beater off the line.

Our game plan has been run, which to me makes the Hosking trade even more surprising.
The Force Awakens!