Skip to main content
Topic: Stosur vs Sheik 2015 (Read 34834 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stosur vs Sheik 2015

Reply #105
Our big Sammy wins the doubles 3 and 4 - beating a very good team indeed!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #106
Osaka doing a Sam Stosur.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #108
Couldn't believe how embarrassing Tony Jones was with some of the dumbest questions you could imagine to Osaka. Fortunately Sam and Jim were there to rescue the situation. I am at a complete loss to understand why Jones gets any gig in front of a microphone. As my grandfather would say, '...a cabbagehead.'
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #109
Couldn't believe how embarrassing Tony Jones was with some of the dumbest questions you could imagine to Osaka. Fortunately Sam and Jim were there to rescue the situation. I am at a complete loss to understand why Jones gets any gig in front of a microphone. As my grandfather would say, '...a cabbagehead.'

Should stick to ‘auto cue only’ work, where someone else writes his crap.

Reply #110
Our big Sammy wins the doubles 3 and 4 - beating a very good team indeed!
I;m afraid the Sheik took a big one there. Sam Stosur really showed some gutsy play. had she played like that in the singles, she would not have lost.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #111
I really don't think so G2C, particularly with the way the supporters get behind de Minaur and I reckon Kokkinakis has a fair bit of support (not to mention the almost rabid Aussie support for Bagdatis in days gone by). I agree that Hewitt was a pain in the ask for much of his career but his redeeming feature was that he kept trying to be his best and actually enjoyed more success than his ability and body should have achieved.

Tomic and Kyrgios got a good run when they were younger but they have become flogs, particularly the former.  Of course, they haven't got to that point entirely on their own.

I'd like to see both of them pursue another career for 12 months, then decide if tennis really is their preferred career.

No chance they will pursue another career for 12 months. Don't think either have ambitions to get to the top. They are just there to play for as long as they can to make as much money as they can. That's the only reason they play and their definition of success with themselves. What other job is going to pay that much? Tomic i'm not so sure about but Krygios is only a 'flog" on court. Off court he much like by his peers, has a huge amount of time for kids as well as having his own charities. Both seem to have invested their money well.

Reply #112
No chance they will pursue another career for 12 months. Don't think either have ambitions to get to the top. They are just there to play for as long as they can to make as much money as they can. That's the only reason they play and their definition of success with themselves. What other job is going to pay that much? Tomic i'm not so sure about but Krygios is only a 'flog" on court. Off court he much like by his peers, has a huge amount of time for kids as well as having his own charities. Both seem to have invested their money well.

I guess if you include post-match press conferences and social media as “on court”  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #113
Should stick to ‘auto cue only’ work, where someone else writes his crap.

Thought the same thing. Mrs Baggers turned to me as we were watching the media panel talking with Osaka and asked, "Who's he?"

"Tony Jones, one of the AFL media people at 9."

"He's really shallow, thank goodness Jim and Sam are there to rescue things." About sums it up.

Good to see our own Darcy V. have a crack at the boofhead.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #114
I guess if you include post-match press conferences and social media as “on court”  ;)
That's usually to put a few other flogs in their place. Ok not to put up with $hit. We know he's well liked off the court.

Reply #115
That's usually to put a few other flogs in their place. Ok not to put up with $hit. We know he's well liked off the court.

No, it’s a constant stream of vitriol and reminds me a bit of Mick Malthouse’s pressers.  Kyrgios would do well to watch how Ash Barty conducts herself - on and off the court.

He’s not universally well liked off court, ask Stan Wawrinka!

Federer likes him though:

“We need him to play first before commentating, for the next 10 years,” said Federer. “He's always good for a headline.

“Look, I like Nick. I like the way he plays and all that. Yeah, I was happy to hear that he was in the commentary booth. He's got a bit of time, sticks around, shows he's passionate about the game. That's what we need to see. But we wish he was on the court rather than a commentary booth.”
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #116
No, it’s a constant stream of vitriol and reminds me a bit of Mick Malthouse’s pressers.  Kyrgios would do well to watch how Ash Barty conducts herself - on and off the court.

He’s not universally well liked off court, ask Stan Wawrinka!

Federer likes him though:

Stan Wawrinka was along time ago now and they've since sorted that. His peers do certainly like him. Tennis itself doesn't help him though. Enjoy a good dummy spit though. McEnroe was always worth a look...lol.

Off court the rest is putting other flogs in their place, ie pressers, although not always, and social media.

Reply #117
Fed was no angel in his early tennis career. Google some of his behaviour in the past. It may surprise a few. How to change a person solely depends on what they really want to be. Influence from others only goes so far. Hence why some athletes become elite and others only ever have potential.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #118
Fed was no angel in his early tennis career. Google some of his behaviour in the past. It may surprise a few. How to change a person solely depends on what they really want to be. Influence from others only goes so far. Hence why some athletes become elite and others only ever have potential.

This is very true and one of the few things in Kyrgios' favour.

Tomic on the other hand is a waste of space.
The Force Awakens!