Skip to main content
Topic: Crystal Ball  (Read 12532 times) previous topic - next topic

Crystal Ball

We are being sold a significant amount of hope at the moment, if we we are patient!!

If we are to believe that we will be contenders in 5 years time (circa 20/21), there are 2 questions to ponder: who will win the next 5 premierships?  Which of our greatest rivals (Richmond, Collingwood , Essendon) will win one.

Or in other words, do we have the correct strategy and structure in place to beat at least a couple of the sworn enemies (Ess, Coll, Rich) to the next premiership.

16: WCE,  17 WCE. 18 Bullies. 19. Collingwood  20: GWS. 21 Carlton.

Bad luck Tiger and Bombers!!!!

Re: Crystal Ball

Reply #1
I've got a feeling WC, Freo and Sydney will all be hard to beat next year.

Hawks - maybe squeeze one more freakishly injury-free season out of their pensioner squad.

Cats recruiting looks pretty good on paper but they've also lost a lot of experience. They should be top 8 but I doubt top 4 which I see being mostly inter-state this year.

GWS are the ones I expect to come with a rush this year. Mind-bogglingly awesome squad - even post-Treloar.

Reply #2
Hawks are clearly the ones to beat next year IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Hawks are clearly the ones to beat next year IMO.

Hard to argue with on this point. Then Wet Toast, Fluffy Ducks, Boat Anchors, and that is about it. The over grown Wallabies will always try hard but never make it, and the Doggies have only one flag in their trophy cabinet. Probably won't add to that soon, but could shake it up. I'm just not sure how the Kittens will do over the next few years with Danger in their squad. Just not sure.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
Croweaters to be a smoky, and Brisbane have an impressive list of ins that shouldn't be overlooked.

Largely if it's not us I don't really care so long as it's not one of the hated clubs.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
We win more games than last year
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #6
We win more games than last year

Significantly more!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Win about the same number of games and get hammered in plenty....we could also have the lowest percentage ever recorded given we lack goalkickers....

Reply #8
Win about the same number of games and get hammered in plenty....we could also have the lowest percentage ever recorded given we lack goalkickers....

x2 In true Carlton tradition, Bolton to be under huge pressure in year 2 even though there are no quick fixes. Lyon or Clarko to then take the reigns.

At least they'll take over when the team is at the bottom

Reply #9
x2 In true Carlton tradition, Bolton to be under huge pressure in year 2 even though there are no quick fixes. Lyon or Clarko to then take the reigns.

At least they'll take over when the team is at the bottom

You and me think same......Bolton will do the monkey work then I reckon Ross Lyon will take over given he is mates with SOS who now runs the footy dept and who the Prez seems to have entrusted
the rebuild to..

Reply #10
Next year out of Hawks (my pick) Freo Adel & WC with Coll as a smokey.
2017, Hawks will start to taper, WC Freo Adel will still be strong with Coll and GWS pushing hard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Croweaters to be a smoky, and Brisbane have an impressive list of ins that shouldn't be overlooked.

Largely if it's not us I don't really care so long as it's not one of the hated clubs.
Bris will be as carp as us for a few years yet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
It's a guess with many final 8 places. Regular some side comes from the pits of the ladder to make the 8

Reply #13
You and me think same......Bolton will do the monkey work then I reckon Ross Lyon will take over given he is mates with SOS who now runs the footy dept and who the Prez seems to have entrusted
the rebuild to..

When will we learn
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset