Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14 - Blues v Western Bulldogs (Aftermatch Aftermath) (Read 41216 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14 - Blues v Western Bulldogs (Aftermatch Aftermath)

Reply #45
Seriously mate an 11 point loss without Walker, Gibbs, Menzel, Docherty, Rowe, Carazzo, Ellard, Thomas and an injured Everitt and Cripps is hardly soul crushing stuff. Boekhorst was the only really substandard performance. Whiley, Johnson and Holman deserve another crack.

Ummmm......never said it was soul-crushing, far out, where'd that come from? Interesting interpretation to say the least. FMD I said it was always gonna be tough when 7 players from the previous week's win weren't on the park halfway through the last quarter, that the forward line was terrible this week (fact), Kreuzer was ordinary (fact) and that Whiley, Boekhorst and Johnson may as well have not been out there (fact). If you think Johnson was anything close to okay, then you need to watch the game again.

I also ended my post by saying that if we kicked straight, we win.......yep, that sure sounds as though I thought it soul-crushing doesn't it? Sheesh......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #46
A game that we lost not the Bulldogs winning.

Graham is a gun though, reminds me of Sam Mitchell a bit just a real natural footballer.

Both great calls.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #47
Perhaps a too simplistic analysis but I reckon Springer was the difference.  He was fairly well held but kicked three straight from limited opportunities.

It was a scrappy game and it's hard to see the Bulldogs holding on to their spot in the eight.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #48
Perhaps a too simplistic analysis but I reckon Springer was the difference.  He was fairly well held but kicked three straight from limited opportunities.

It was a scrappy game and it's hard to see the Bulldogs holding on to their spot in the eight.

Yep. I wouldn't be getting too excited if I were a Dogs supporter. They made a lot of errors.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
I think Yarran is playing injured, in fact if Cripps hadn't gone off I think he would have spent most of the last quarter on the bench. I also think that Johnson's job was to limit Murphy and while he didn't shut him out of the game, he did restrict his output. Boekhurst seems to lack confidence and if he could let go of his fear of making mistakes then he could be ok, Holman looks ok and Whiley needs to play more. I think Murphy leadership has been great the past three weeks and he has set a very good standard for everybody to follow. The Wood Casboult fiasco demonstrates to me that the side hasn't been playing as a team for a while now and therefore they are not on the same page. They have been better the past few weeks but they need to trust one another and believe everybody is going to the right thing. And this is not a MM thing. I don't think they have been playing as a team for about fifteen years and four coaches weren't able to change this. They are doing it now but they need to do it into the future.

Reply #51
Hey I made the Graham/Mitchell comparison last week! :P

Graham reminds me of Sam Mitchell. I think his career is panning out the same way as Mitchell who began his impact as a 21 year old after consistent efforts in the VFL.

June 21.  :P
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #52
We were at our crappiest for a while, had heaps of players out and lost to the 7th team by 11pts after some real comedy capers at some stages. At least we know how to hang in on bad days.

Reply #54
Anybody watched Bark's presser ?

Not much to it I guess. They usually go for about 11 minutes - this one clocked in under 5.

Mentioned that he was happy with the effort, but not happy with ball use /execution / decision making.

Gave Cripps a wrap.

Mentioned the very young and inexperienced midfield, against more experienced opponents.

Mentioned we out tackled the best tackling team in the comp.

A couple of other bits and pieces.

Reply #55
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56
March 29.  :P

Fork me I was very slow. Either way great to see him improve so quickly, just like Mitchell did when he got a go.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Okay, just kick straight and we win. No doubt about that. Do you get it now? I know you'd rather have people believe the sky is falling because that's what you've been preaching for a while but it simply isn't the case.

Reality can be a bit tough to take for the average football supporter.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #58
Good to see that we have some astute judges when it comes to Graham's ability  :)

He has certainly been one of the players to benefit from the change of coach.  I suppose that being closer to the players enabled Barker to see what Malthouse was missing.

Anyway, let's hope Graham continues to improve and becomes an integral part of a top class midfield.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
Everyone but Mick and his faithful could see it!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!