Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 5304 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 17: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
Gibbs retiring, to play his last game on Sunday. Gee it would have been fitting if Kruze could play the same game and both be chaired off together.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
I think you'll find it very hard to mount a case for the contribution of Cuningham over the years he's been at the club. Barring injury, he's never been able to cement a spot in the side... for very good reasons. Like everyone I wish he could string games together showcasing his talent, but he never has.

I find it pretty easy.  

His game against the Bombers shows what he can do.    Only managed to piece together 36 games.

We need bloke that can run and carry.   That's Cunningham.

Reply #17
ADELAIDE'S Bryce Gibbs will play his final AFL game against his former club Carlton on Sunday. 

AFL.com.au understands Gibbs has informed his teammates he will retire at season's end.

It is believed Gibbs and the club have come to a settlement to cease the final year of his contract for 2021.

Reply #18
ADELAIDE'S Bryce Gibbs will play his final AFL game against his former club Carlton on Sunday. 

AFL.com.au understands Gibbs has informed his teammates he will retire at season's end.

It is believed Gibbs and the club have come to a settlement to cease the final year of his contract for 2021.
Think we all knew the Crows would pay Gibbs out and not prolong the agony any longer...be interesting to see what he will
do next if he stays in football.

Reply #19
I'd take him back.

1 year deal.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #20
I'd take him back.

1 year deal.

He's getting a (at least partial) payout from ADL for 2021.  Still a firm no from me.

Reply #21
I find it pretty easy.  

His game against the Bombers shows what he can do.    Only managed to piece together 36 games.

We need bloke that can run and carry.   That's Cunningham.

Not sure we can carry a bloke who plays one good game in 36.  ;)  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
He's getting a (at least partial) payout from ADL for 2021.  Still a firm no from me.

He'd obviously need to show he still wanted to play.....

But if we were in a final in 2020 with minutes to play who would you prefer delivering the ball to inside 50?

Gibbs, Dow, Cottrell, O'Brien......

Quite frankly (and again presuming he still has the desire), I'd prefer him on our list in 2021 than Simmo.

Let's be honest, he was an easy whipping boy at the Crows as soon as that camp fiasco stuff dragged on and needed a scapegoat for their poor onfield efforts.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
Big test for De Koning this week, O'Brien is in red hot ruck form at the moment, quite mobile and hard at the contest.

I think De Koning can hurt them by pushing hard into F50 and having O'Brien follow.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
He'd obviously need to show he still wanted to play.....

But if we were in a final in 2020 with minutes to play who would you prefer delivering the ball to inside 50?

Gibbs, Dow, Cottrell, O'Brien......

Quite frankly (and again presuming he still has the desire), I'd prefer him on our list in 2021 than Simmo.

Let's be honest, he was an easy whipping boy at the Crows as soon as that camp fiasco stuff dragged on and needed a scapegoat for their poor onfield efforts.

Still a thumbs down ... contract = (mandated) money.  In any event, reckon he's settled in ADL

Reply #26
Carried plenty of others.  ;)

And it's time it stopped. Time to set the bar and tolerance much higher.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
And it's time it stopped. Time to set the bar and tolerance much higher.
Plus lists are reduced next year anyway.

Reply #29
https://www.afc.com.au/news/811069

No Talia.

Talls down back for them Hartigan @194cm and 1 game rookie Butts at 198cm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!