Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 115256 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #150
Yarran can't pick 'n choose when he wants to play. Looked a million bucks against the Roos, pathetic against the Dockers....saw 2 instances right in front of me (Aisle 39, Level 1) whereby myself & the Carlton supporters around me collectively went nuts at Yarran's sub-par application. Don't care what his age or life experiences are, play like it means something to you ffs.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #151
CY is 22 yo ffs and had a pretty darn hard life as a kid......

Some of you blokes really have no f'n idea (not directed at you personally Baggers)'

Get this guy right and he is a match winning 300 game champion for CFC but nah, most of you want to trade him now for a bag of peanuts.

What dumb ass stuff were you guys churning out at 22 yo?

I'd trade Murphy out first quite frankly on current output (if it was MM vs CY choice only)

I tend to agree with you flyboy, although probably with a little less gusto.
Yarran 23 at the end of the year,
Murphy just turned 26,
throw in Gibbs and Kreuzer at 24 (both of whom have had verious people ready to trade them out)
I'm not ready to give up on these blokes just yet. I'd like to give Mick maybe one more year

Reply #152
I have heard whispers from people who know family of Murph.  All is not right down at Carlton.  Thing is, the playing group is turning on itself because they are behaving as they always behave.  Misbehave and sack the coach.  The unfortunate thing they dont know?  Mick is there, and he is there to stay.  You dont walk the line, you can walk out the door.  Starting with the most talented one of all.

Murphy? Absolutely zero chance he is going anywhere.

Reply #153
Yarran can't pick 'n choose when he wants to play. Looked a million bucks against the Roos, pathetic against the Dockers....saw 2 instances right in front of me (Aisle 39, Level 1) whereby myself & the Carlton supporters around me collectively went nuts at Yarran's sub-par application. Don't care what his age or life experiences are, play like it means something to you ffs.

I wasn't far from that either and it was the final straw for me, squibbed the contest then just gave up. If I were Mick I'd make him sub again.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #154

But Brettie, CY is one of many in our team who seemingly does that (pick n choose) - many of the so called leaders included.

That is my point. Fix the 'leaders', the pack follows......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #155
Comparing Murphy to Yarran is laughable, Murphy puts his body on the line when he has to.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #156
No more than Yarran. In fact I'm yet to see murphy take (or even attempt to take) a mark like Yazz did against North a few weeks back. That's what I call putting your body on the line.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #157
Murphy Dangerfield
Murphy Hodge

Laughable I tell ya.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #158
Meh. The Dangerfield one was a good effort but hardly running back with the flight of the ball. It was more unlucky than courageous. A whole lot easier to go in if you know what's coming. Do you see the difference? I'm tipping you don't want to.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #159
He ran back with the flight of the ball on Saturday night and crapped himself. The worst was still to come though as he stopped and watched afterwards.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #160
Let's get back to the fact that you label Yarran a softy but say Murphy isn't. Highlights exactly what some of us have been trying to say, yet somehow it's Yarrans fault and not the captains who really should be setting the example. One is 22 and immature, the other is 26, played over 150 games and captain of our club. Hypocrite much? Double standards at all? It's hard to take anyone with this thought process seriously.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #161
Yarran is soft, everytime he gets beaten he limps off to the bench.

Reply #162
Let's get back to the fact that you label Yarran a softy but say Murphy isn't. Highlights exactly what some of us have been trying to say, yet somehow it's Yarrans fault and not the captains who really should be setting the example. One is 22 and immature, the other is 26, played over 150 games and captain of our club. Hypocrite much? Double standards at all? It's hard to take anyone with this thought process seriously.

Got no comment about Saturday night? Typical.

My thoughts on Murphy is he isn't the hardest bloke going around. He doesn't relish the physical contest like Judd or McLean but when it's his time to go he will even if it goes against his natural instincts.

Yarran is talented but is just about the biggest squib in the AFL and he's lazy to boot.

Comparing the two is laughable.

Next time you want to talk about facts about what I've said quote me.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #163

Got no comment about Yarrans mark vs North? Typical. I guess your hypocrisy extends far beyond just Yarran/Murphy.

Laughable I tell ya.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #164

Got no comment about Yarrans mark vs North? Typical. I guess your hypocrisy extends far beyond just Yarran/Murphy.

Laughable I tell ya.

It was a nice mark. Got any footage of him going in hard for the ball? Just one instance, I'll give you a month to find it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!