Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 115447 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #210
I don't recall Yarran being close to All Australian ever.

You have a habit of forgetting things that contradict your opinion so I'm not surprised, even if you did remember his stellar form there's no way you'd admit to it. Still, I'm happy to go with Kingy, Lynch and my own opinion. They seem to remember clear as day and so do I.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #211
I respect Kingy and Lynchy's opinions but I'm sure they don't watch every game of football played so it only makes sense that I would have seen more of Yarran they did. Come to think of it weren't you overseas a couple of years ago?

Looking at the best and fairest for 2011 he finished 10th so that sits about right with my memory of how he played, middle of the road and that was his best year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #212
I respect Kingy and Lynchy's opinions but I'm sure they don't watch every game of football played so it only makes sense that I would have seen more of Yarran they did. Come to think of it weren't you overseas a couple of years ago?

Looking at the best and fairest for 2011 he finished 10th so that sits about right with my memory of how he played, middle of the road and that was his best year.

No doubt softening memories have them confusing Betts with Yarran, Yarran has never been consistent and Betts should have been AA!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #214
Yarran has never been consistent and Betts should have been AA!

Scored over 80 supercoach points 16/23 times in 2011 with two scores of 79 not included. So he had four average games in which he still beat his opponent (remember he was playing defence). I'd check out my own memory before criticising others'.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #216
Average stats for his career if you click on averages. Some stellar games in 2011 and great consistency throughout whilst beating his opponent.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-carlton-blues--christopher-yarran?year=2011&fantasy=y

...and 1 brownlow vote.

Hardly the impact of an 'almost AA' player whose brilliance is hard to miss.

I think Kingy and Lynchy are telling porkies. My recollection is the same as MBBs....and like you, he is a favourite of mine who i take a keen interest in.

Reply #217
So you're using umpire's opinions as a pointer to why Kingy is wrong. I rest my case.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #218
So you're using umpire's opinions as a pointer to why Kingy is wrong. I rest my case.

I can't use opinions to show you.
I can't use stats to show you.
I can't use umpires votes to show you.

Doesn't leave a whole lot left.

Reply #219
I'm happy to accept your opinion, you don't agree fine but I think you have a short memory. The stats work in Yarran's favour in terms of consistency but I'm not big on them anyway. I do however know what I saw in 2011 and it was the sign of something very special.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #220
I've been a big fan of Yarran since I saw him play his first game, he makes the hard things look easy like few players can, when I first saw him I thought he was something very special who would play 200 games for the CFC and thrill us supporters for a decade.
I don't know the reason why but he's definitely gone backwards this year.
At 22 with 80 odd games under his belt he should be firing on all cylinders, it's very disappointing.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #221
At Yarrans age he still has a chance to get his mind straight and become one of the classiest footy players going around. If he was 28+ you would think he was completely cooked. If only someone could find his switch. I for one will bag him one day and send him up on his better days. Just love to dream he will switch on for us soon and become elite of all elites.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #222
to understand Yarran, you have to go back a little. Rattan was a nurturing coach who offered encouragement with plenty of positive reinforcement, I saw that many times in the rooms and on the boundary. When someone like MM comes in, the change in coaching styles can be quite confronting (for some). some will adapt, some will not, some may need time. The reason why the pies flourished, is the whole list knew no better. I will never forget when MM first arrived, he mentioned he was surprised how introverted they were, maybe that word was a polite summation of where some are at now.
When Ratts was troubled with critics saying that he was too close or comfortable with the players. Bringing MM in was always going to fracture some. My frustration is I don't think many at the club thought this would happen

Reply #223
to understand Yarran, you have to go back a little. Rattan was a nurturing coach who offered encouragement with plenty of positive reinforcement, I saw that many times in the rooms and on the boundary. When someone like MM comes in, the change in coaching styles can be quite confronting (for some). some will adapt, some will not, some may need time. The reason why the pies flourished, is the whole list knew no better. I will never forget when MM first arrived, he mentioned he was surprised how introverted they were, maybe that word was a polite summation of where some are at now.
When Ratts was troubled with critics saying that he was too close or comfortable with the players. Bringing MM in was always going to fracture some. My frustration is I don't think many at the club thought this would happen

Nicely said !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #224

Nicely said !!

Plenty of the CFC blokes are introverted, esp. Murphy - perhaps it just takes time?
Finals, then 4 in a row!