Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 115887 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #105
Chris Yarran is epidemic of what's is wrong at Carlton Football Club across the board.  

So if he is part of a widespread epidemic, why is he being treated differently to the rest of the offenders? That's my point, if MM is going to challenge players publicly, how about not picking and choosing, how about throwing a blanket over the lot and telling them all to pull their socks up. The way he's playing it is way wrong AFAIC. And if he's for real Yarran will be dropped this week, if he isn't it's a sure fire sign that even Malthouse knows he erred earlier in the year.

How is he being treated differently?

How many other players have been named the sub?  19.   How many have sooked it up?  One.   If Lucas sooked it up then he gets the same treatment.   But he hasn't.

Murphy copped it Saturday night.   Betts also.    What has Yarran had to deal with that has made it so hard for him?

Yarran was clearly made the scapegoat for the side after the loss to the Scum. Publicly.

Murphy's turn was well overdue from where I sit (maybe not in your opinion) so this is what I'm talking about when giving others leeway and the double standards with MM. Had he adressed the Murphyt issues as promptly and as openly as he did Yarran's we may not be seeing what we're seeing from Murph now. He actually stuck up for Murphy but he went straight after Yarran.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #106
Got to stop blaming the coach.  In Malthouse's short time at the club he wouldn't have had that much of an impact to stop Yarran having an influence on game day.   If Yarran had of stepped up and shown a little bit of character we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I said when Ratten was sacked that after pathetic performances against Port Adelaide and Gold Coast the players had the coaches blood on their hands.   

I hate calling footballers "soft", as they play an incredible tough game, but our boys are mentally weak and every time they get labelled as soft I think "here we go!" I can't wait for the response.... waiting....   waiting.... little bit of push and shove against St.Kilda.... still waiting.  Nothing. 

Here is the scenario with Yarran.

I don't work hard enough.
I am not fit enough.
I don't chase hard enough.
I don't commit myself to the contest.
I put my interest before the team.
I don't respond to a challenge.

It's your fault.

Chris Yarran is epidemic of what's is wrong at Carlton Football Club across the board.  

Easier to point the finger at someone else rather than stepping up yourself.
Malthouse is the "turn around" coach, "able to get the best out of players" "if he can't get the best out of under performing player no one can"  all statements I've heard from commentators and fans.  

You say Yarran is all those things above, hope you're not expecting anything but a 3rd round pick at best, because if Mick is so good at getting the best out players what hope does any other have  :-\  And if there is one then why didn't we chase him?
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #107
Malthouse has moved players on in the past.   Mal Michael, Tarrant, Nick Davis (gee there is a good comparison).

Tarrant did grow up late in his career, but if it's was a little bit too hard and you couldn't follow the team principles then it's see you later.

Reply #108
Malthouse has moved players on in the past.   Mal Michael, Tarrant, Nick Davis (gee there is a good comparison).

Tarrant did grow up late in his career, but if it's was a little bit too hard and you couldn't follow the team principles then it's see you later.
Mal Michael left for family reasons by memory, don't recall any issue with Mick??  Davis never settled at the Pies but do recall he had issues there and at the Swans. Tarrant yeah maybe but it took a first year coach to recognise he had better skills as a back man and got more out of him  ::)

Mick's an ok coach, but I'm getting sick at the way he and others blame the players.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #109
Got to stop blaming the coach.  In Malthouse's short time at the club he wouldn't have had that much of an impact to stop Yarran having an influence on game day.   If Yarran had of stepped up and shown a little bit of character we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I said when Ratten was sacked that after pathetic performances against Port Adelaide and Gold Coast the players had the coaches blood on their hands.   

I hate calling footballers "soft", as they play an incredible tough game, but our boys are mentally weak and every time they get labelled as soft I think "here we go!" I can't wait for the response.... waiting....   waiting.... little bit of push and shove against St.Kilda.... still waiting.  Nothing. 

I am not fit enough.

It's your fault.

Malthouse is the "turn around" coach, "able to get the best out of players" "if he can't get the best out of under performing player no one can"  all statements I've heard from commentators and fans.  

You say Yarran is all those things above, hope you're not expecting anything but a 3rd round pick at best, because if Mick is so good at getting the best out players what hope does any other have  :-\  And if there is one then why didn't we chase him?

Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs, even Jamo and Special K are what is wrong with Carlton - all 100 game + now ...... they are the guys who should be leading from the front, standing up when the game gets tight.......

3 number 1 draft picks.

You could throw 1AW in there too...... and McLean.

In general, ALL OF THEM fail to do that way when needed too often.

Are they being used incorrectly, are they just not hungry enough (or what)?

If those guys lead by example, younger guys like Yarran will most likely follow suit.

Yarran is an easy target.

The problem is much bigger than him.

ps Shakin, you would have no idea how fit Yarran is, he looks a heck of a lot fitter/agile/quicker than Gibbs or Murphy right now?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #110
Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs, even Jamo and Special K are what is wrong with Carlton - all 100 game + now ...... they are the guys who should be leading from the front, standing up when the game gets tight.......

3 number 1 draft picks.

If those guys lead by example, younger guys like Yarran will most likely follow suit.

ps Shakin, you would have no idea how fit Yarran is, he looks a heck of a lot fitter/agile/quicker than Gibbs or Murphy right now?

Thankyou very forking much exactly the point I'm trying to make, why is Yarran the problem? Two of the others mentioned have played 150 games, kreuzer 100. The difference is these guys get excuses thrown up for them all the time, from the coach, the fans, posters etc. Everyone just goes straight for Yazz no quaestions asked, no comparison to the others. Doulbe standards rife at the CFC....and CSC.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #111

I am not fit enough.

It's your fault.

3 number 1 draft picks.

I put AW in a different basket to that lot I see AW as trying where the other seem content just to take whatever comes and what personality shows up on game day is a flip of the coin. 

But ultimately for different reasons I agree I see Murphy, Gibbs, Kruzer and Jamo as the core of our problems. 

Reply #112
fair call, 1AW does put in, usually plays a very decent game and looks really peeed off when the cards don't fall his way....

The others (maybe a bit harsh on Kreuzer too) seem more worried about their designer hair dos.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #113

I am not fit enough.

It's your fault.

3 number 1 draft picks.

I call Bullcrap.  Young players with talent and character don't need anyone to show them the way.   They step up and do their role.  Chad Wingard has it inside him.   The drive.  The passion.  He wants it.  It hurts when he loses and he trains his arse off so it doesn't happen again.  He chases.  Tackles.   Do you think he looks at Boak and Hartlett for the way?   Does he point at Hartlett when he gets tagged out of games?  

Pagan will save us.
Pratt will save us.
Our number one picks will save us.
Judd will save us.
Malthouse will save us.

See a pattern.   Everyone from the President to the boot studder has to lift and rise to the challenge.   Gibbs, Murphy, Kruezer, Yarran, Jamo.   Everyone.

How about you step and do something about it rather than "dropping your lip and having a sook".    What do you think would happen at Sydney if the sub carried on like Yarran?   How many weeks would he spend at Preston?  6?  8?  Would he play again?

We have made excuses for crap behaviour for too long.   It's Murphy's fault that Yarran can't chase. 

Give me a spell and all players need to take the responsibility.

Reply #114
And for the record Kruezer since being the number one ruck has been very good.   Check his stats from Round 10 on.

Reply #115
I call Bullcrap.  Young players with talent and character don't need anyone to show them the way. 

Right back at you. I call BS to you.

If the leaders don't give a f..... how the heck are the younger troops?

Wingard is by far the exception not the rule - and by the way he's only 181cm, 81kg so those who bumble on about midfield size.... plwease.

MM is prepared to bag out Yazz, Betts publicly it seems and others but never the Murphys, Jamos or the Gibbs? Why is that?

What sort of message does that send to the playing group?

Double standards?

Granted Gibbs should be played mid/forward but should have been dropped earlier in the season, ditto Simmo at the start (and maybe would have been but for Carrots going down).

Why hasn't Laidler been given a game given our very soft defence , and don't give me the form in the 2s gargle.....

I've heard Laidler doesn't even know why he's on the outer? Whether that's true who knows but when Simon White (the zero stat guy?) kept getting picked.... odd? Reeks of stubbornness.

Ditto Bootsma who simply isn't physically capable yet.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #116
ps why bag out the small forwards in any event?

If the mids are getting creamed ie no first use of the ball and whenever we do win the pill our delivery into the forward line is as bad as GWS, well there's a few questions there no?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #117
How has Malthouse treated Yarran differently from any other player?