Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 114773 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #135
It was wrong to make him sub, yes a mistake by Mick.  Mick has frrkd this one up as much as many wont accept it.

You missed it.   I will give you another chance.

Goat.    How do you think the top clubs would have dealt with Yarrans behaviour?
The behaviour was a result of an action, they wouldn't have made sub, or if they did communicate exactly why and what the expectation is. Whether that happened or not we don't know.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #136
It was wrong to make him sub, yes a mistake by Mick.  Mick has frrkd this one up as much as many wont accept it.

Goat.    How do you think the top clubs would have dealt with Yarrans behaviour?

At Sydney he would have been dropped, and the playing group would have supported it in fact they may even have driven it.  The message gets in faster because everyone is saying the same thing.

At Carlton, he became a sub, and almost overnight we lost Jeff, and Eddie's form to go with it, and correct me if Im wrong, but Andrew Walker has not reach the lofty heights he set earlier on either.  Our club is run by the players.  The Carlton world urinates in their pockets, and they get away with what they like.

I have heard whispers from people who know family of Murph.  All is not right down at Carlton.  Thing is, the playing group is turning on itself because they are behaving as they always behave.  Misbehave and sack the coach.  The unfortunate thing they dont know?  Mick is there, and he is there to stay.  You dont walk the line, you can walk out the door.  Starting with the most talented one of all.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #137

The behaviour was a result of an action, they wouldn't have made sub, or if they did communicate exactly why and what the expectation is. Whether that happened or not we don't know.

What does this even mean? Can you re-write this in proper English. I could however take a guess and say that it is not the player's fault that he performed so poorly after being subbed. It is the Coach's fault. Correct?

If so..let's not drop anyone ever again for not meeting expectations. In fact, lets have the players pick the team..but then who do we blame if they do not perform?!

Seriously....as we say in Ireland..catch yourself on mate.

Yarran is an ADULT. Not a Boy.
He is professional adult paid via sponsorship and our Membership money to perform at his best and his coaches expectations - week in week out. If he does not put his body on the line and toe the company line then he can go and get stuffed. Talent is nothing without buy-in. We have too many Peacocks in this team already. He either steps up or he will be traded for someone who gives a crap.
Keep the Faith

Reply #138

What does this even mean? Can you re-write this in proper English. I could however take a guess and say that it is not the player's fault that he performed so poorly after being subbed. It is the Coach's fault. Correct?

If so..let's not drop anyone ever again for not meeting expectations. In fact, lets have the players pick the team..but then who do we blame if they do not perform?!

He is professional adult paid via sponsorship and our Membership money to perform at his best and his coaches expectations - week in week out. If he does not put his body on the line and toe the company line then he can go and get stuffed. Talent is nothing without buy-in. We have too many Peacocks in this team already. He either steps up or he will be traded for someone who gives a crap.
Here here Woody
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #139

There you go... good gear. It's called accountability and the top clubs have heaps of it, along with leadership buy-in from all players on the track - not just the leadership group.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #140

Pink is pink, brown is brown, but there are many shades of grey.....?

Who knows what exactly MM has said to Yarran and how offensive it may have been to Chris?

MM is old school and not a favourite of diplomacy?

You state:

Well, I could retort:

Murphy is a CAPTAIN. Not a Boy.

Get him playing close to his potential,showing what is expected from him as the senior leader at CFC, onfield especially (I don't give a rats if he swallows gerbils in his time off) and then have a crack at Chris Yarran.

Ditto that old handbag carrier Bryce.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #141
Nah it's different rules for different players, that's what's so annoying but nobody gets it. You can only say it so many times.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #142
Nah it's different rules for different players, that's what's so annoying but nobody gets it. You can only say it so many times.

funny thing is i reckon murphy is fully onside with Yazz and both reckon MM's ego driven 'make CY a sub' was amateur petty stuff.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #143

You are starting to sound like Jimbo.

You can say it repeatedly, how about backing it up with some facts.

What i am hearing from you is that Yarran has been ruined by Mick Malthouse and that he was an out and and star under Ratten. Your opinion, and so be it.

What i recall is that he had some great games under Ratten, but he also had some shockers were he was tagged out of the game, wouldn't chase or tackle and generally sulked.
I actually recall Malthouse complaining about the way Yarran sooked, while commentating, about when he got himself injured and carried on. Malthouse did not like the fact he put himself ahead of the team and showed weakness. The majority of people agreed.
Alternatively Yarran has had some great games this year too. West Coast and despite the late misses, Tigers as well. In fact, a lot of the early games he was very good.

I know you're angry with the club, and specifically Mick. I think your anger is playing tricks with your memory.

I think you'll also find that Mick has chastised many at the club thus far. Robbo and Walker have got some bench abuse and there have been plenty of others. I actually think the ONLY reason Yarran has received so much attention is because the media knows something about that whole scenario that it is not letting on (verbal backlash from Yarran? Off-field issues). THEN the way Yarran responded, badly, added more fuel to the fire.

I get you're on a witch hunt and want whats best for the club. I just think you've got the blinkers on.

FWIW, your value on Yarran is way off. Clubs realise his talent and despite a recent drop in form, a first round pick is all but guaranteed.

Reply #144

What i am hearing from you is that Yarran has been ruined by Mick Malthouse and that he was an out and and star under Ratten. Your opinion, and so be it.

No, what I'm saying is he was developing nicely under Ratts but has gone backwards under Malthouse. I think he's lost all passion, and more importantly all confidence. It took Ratts a good few years to build up Yazz's confidence and it seems Mick's undone it all in a few months. IMO.

What's wrong with Jimbo anyway? :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #145

No, what I'm saying is he was developing nicely under Ratts but has gone backwards under Malthouse. I think he's lost all passion, and more importantly all confidence. It took Ratts a good few years to build up Yazz's confidence and it seems Mick's undone it all in a few months. IMO.

Krudds,

MM needs to get the leaders at the Club to fire the f... up - to name a handful who look and play soft as floss - Gibbs, Murphy, Jamo, Special K at times, ....

Jamo has been a shadow of what he was when Duigan and Laidler were out there in his back 6.....

Get those blokes to fire up on the park and off and it's a different team that CFC puts out each week.

Can you imagine Selwood doing diddly like Murphy has for 4/5ths of the season?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #146

I recall quite clearly Yazz playing for the NBs last year and he was pathetic. His attitude (and this is under Ratts, to respond to what you write above) stunk. He was blasted by team mates and was the very personification of petulance. He was booed by our supporters from the ground... then was rewarded with senior selection the following week! FMD! However, this year when he spent time in the twos, he actually tried hard and got dirty. He is better under MM, but clearly has some attitude problems. Maybe he can only be a one way, prima donna :-\

Reply #147

Not saying its not the players fault, but who here knows what was communicated to him and did they understand the impact it would have on Yarran.   He was dropped after being made sub.  He wasn't made sub as a punishment, if it was as punishment then why would you play him and why would you use the sub as a stick? 
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #148
CY is 22 yo ffs and had a pretty darn hard life as a kid......

Some of you blokes really have no f'n idea (not directed at you personally Baggers)'

Get this guy right and he is a match winning 300 game champion for CFC but nah, most of you want to trade him now for a bag of peanuts.

What dumb ass stuff were you guys churning out at 22 yo?

I'd trade Murphy out first quite frankly on current output (if it was MM vs CY choice only)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #149
CY is 22 yo ffs and had a pretty darn hard life as a kid......

Some of you blokes really have no f'n idea (not directed at you personally Baggers)'

Get this guy right and he is a match winning 300 game champion for CFC but nah, most of you want to trade him now for a bag of peanuts.

What dumb ass stuff were you guys churning out at 22 yo?

I'd trade Murphy out first quite frankly on current output (if it was MM vs CY choice only)

No probs, FB, didn't take it personally. I hope you're right; would love you to be right... he maybe (due to his harsh upbringing) still somewhat immature. He's got a few weeks to prove we doubters wrong and I hope he does - love to be hugely wrong on this one and end up with lots of googy on face. :)