Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 114953 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #165
Yeah just let me go look through my library of Chris Yarran highlights. ::)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #166
I have heard whispers from people who know family of Murph.  All is not right down at Carlton.  Thing is, the playing group is turning on itself because they are behaving as they always behave.  Misbehave and sack the coach.  The unfortunate thing they dont know?  Mick is there, and he is there to stay.  You dont walk the line, you can walk out the door.  Starting with the most talented one of all.

Murphy? Absolutely zero chance he is going anywhere.

No I dont believe he is going anywhere.

I have heard whispers from people who know his family.  About the playing group.  The starting with the most talented one of all, is me being a little bit facetious regarding people labelling Chris Yarran the most talented.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #167
I have heard whispers from people who know family of Murph.  All is not right down at Carlton.  Thing is, the playing group is turning on itself because they are behaving as they always behave.  Misbehave and sack the coach.  The unfortunate thing they dont know?  Mick is there, and he is there to stay.  You dont walk the line, you can walk out the door.  Starting with the most talented one of all.

I have heard whispers from people who know his family.  About the playing group.  The starting with the most talented one of all, is me being a little bit facetious regarding people labelling Chris Yarran the most talented.

Interesting times for Yarran, could be dropped this week and if he doesn't find himself back in the seniors very quickly, then I expect we may not see him in blue again and I reckon Essendon will be all over him.

Reply #168
Mate if he ends up at the scum playing great football I've had enough, the club can go fork themselves. I'll always have a soft spot but as for my life revolving around us no way no more. There's only so much mismanagement you can take. No doubt Hird and bummer will have him playing A-grade football straight away.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #169
Mate if he ends up at the scum playing great football I've had enough, the club can go fork themselves. I'll always have a soft spot but as for my life revolving around us no way no more. There's only so much mismanagement you can take. No doubt Hird and bummer will have him playing A-grade football straight away.

Agree! That would be a massive c0ck-up and would show our club to be totally incompetent as far as list management is concerned. If it happened it would destroy all confidence, at least in me, that we are capable of ever building a premiership capable list.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #170

Interesting times for Yarran, could be dropped this week and if he doesn't find himself back in the seniors very quickly, then I expect we may not see him in blue again and I reckon Essendon will be all over him.

Essendon considering Nick Dal Santo .........reckon CY would attract plenty of interest from the WA and SA clubs......be a nice replacement for stiffy Johncock at the Crows...

Reply #171
@EB1
Elwood I reckon Yarran's own best option would be if he went would be the Swans. They would lick him into shape and if they couldn't nobody could.

I'm sure we could put together a deal with them maybe involving Jesse White?

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #172
@EB1
Elwood I reckon Yarran's own best option would be if he went would be the Swans. They would lick him into shape and if they couldn't nobody could.

I'm sure we could put together a deal with them maybe involving Jesse White?

Cookie...they may think Lewis Jetta is as good if not better than CY and dont feel the need for CY....agree though their tough brand of footy and high expectation of team values might break or make CY.
Dont see Adam Goodes allowing CY to spectate while he is busting his gut....

Reply #173
We need to do with Yarran (and Jeffy for that matter) what Freo have done with Walters

Reply #174
I agree that Yarran does not appear to be mentally hard enough, or show 100% effort.

But I also agree that Murph is also not mentally hard enough, and can go missing too easily.

Personally, my biggest gripe is with Judd, as good as he is around stoppages, the number of times I see him in no mans land when we are trying to set up a zone, or doesn't man up quickly enough or closely enough in general play or when the opposition come out of defense. IMO Judd's defensive game is atrocious. IMO Judd allows his opponents too many uncontested posessions, they get away from him away from the stoppages.

Now what I don't know is if MM is as harsh on Judd and Murph as he is with Yaran, but IMO they all need to lift their game, and I can't remember who said it, but it should start at the top with the captain, then the leadership group, senior players and so on.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #175
Nah it's different rules for different players, that's what's so annoying but nobody gets it. You can only say it so many times.

You are starting to sound like Jimbo.

You can say it repeatedly, how about backing it up with some facts.

What i am hearing from you is that Yarran has been ruined by Mick Malthouse and that he was an out and and star under Ratten. Your opinion, and so be it.

No, what I'm saying is he was developing nicely under Ratts but has gone backwards under Malthouse. I think he's lost all passion, and more importantly all confidence. It took Ratts a good few years to build up Yazz's confidence and it seems Mick's undone it all in a few months. IMO.

What's wrong with Jimbo anyway? :P

I recall quite clearly Yazz playing for the NBs last year and he was pathetic. His attitude (and this is under Ratts, to respond to what you write above) stunk. He was blasted by team mates and was the very personification of petulance. He was booed by our supporters from the ground... then was rewarded with senior selection the following week! FMD! However, this year when he spent time in the twos, he actually tried hard and got dirty. He is better under MM, but clearly has some attitude problems. Maybe he can only be a one way, prima donna :-\

This is what i was suggesting earlier. Carrots is looking at what he sees as the outcome (Yarran has gone backwards under Mick) and bringing up things that back that up, and ignoring (or forgetting) that the same things occured previously.

I am a huge fan of Yazza and i think he has been pretty much consistently inconsistent year to year.

Reply #176
I agree that Yarran does not appear to be mentally hard enough, or show 100% effort.

But I also agree that Murph is also not mentally hard enough, and can go missing too easily.

Personally, my biggest gripe is with Judd, as good as he is around stoppages, the number of times I see him in no mans land when we are trying to set up a zone, or doesn't man up quickly enough or closely enough in general play or when the opposition come out of defense. IMO Judd's defensive game is atrocious. IMO Judd allows his opponents too many uncontested posessions, they get away from him away from the stoppages.

Now what I don't know is if MM is as harsh on Judd and Murph as he is with Yaran, but IMO they all need to lift their game, and I can't remember who said it, but it should start at the top with the captain, then the leadership group, senior players and so on.

here here Amers. Well said.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #177
@kruddler

Nah it's different rules for different players, that's what's so annoying but nobody gets it. You can only say it so many times.

You are starting to sound like Jimbo.

You can say it repeatedly, how about backing it up with some facts.

What i am hearing from you is that Yarran has been ruined by Mick Malthouse and that he was an out and and star under Ratten. Your opinion, and so be it.

No, what I'm saying is he was developing nicely under Ratts but has gone backwards under Malthouse. I think he's lost all passion, and more importantly all confidence. It took Ratts a good few years to build up Yazz's confidence and it seems Mick's undone it all in a few months. IMO.

What's wrong with Jimbo anyway? :P

I recall quite clearly Yazz playing for the NBs last year and he was pathetic. His attitude (and this is under Ratts, to respond to what you write above) stunk. He was blasted by team mates and was the very personification of petulance. He was booed by our supporters from the ground... then was rewarded with senior selection the following week! FMD! However, this year when he spent time in the twos, he actually tried hard and got dirty. He is better under MM, but clearly has some attitude problems. Maybe he can only be a one way, prima donna :-\

This is what i was suggesting earlier. Carrots is looking at what he sees as the outcome (Yarran has gone backwards under Mick) and bringing up things that back that up, and ignoring (or forgetting) that the same things occured previously.

I am a huge fan of Yazza and i think he has been pretty much consistently inconsistent year to year.

Why was Yarran in the reserves? He wasnt dropped was he? He was returning from injury. Unless I'm wrong this is a terrible example Baggers and krud I would've thought you'd do better than that. Booed from the ground can anyone confirm this first I've heard of it? Regardless, using a comeback game from injury as an example is laughable.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #178
You are not going to change your mind, i know that and you know that.

By for the sake of completeness, i feel the need to put the record straight for others who may have forgotten and simply take your word for it.

Yarran has played many a disinterested game in the 2's and the 1's.
I already pointed out when Mick called him out for being selfish when he got injured. That is our current coach making an observation about Yarran under our previous coach. Doing the same thing he has done this year!

Reply #179
Can't remember Mick calling him selfish. He criticised him for showing signs of injury. Of course Mick in the commentary box was in a great position to tell just how Yazz was feeling. Let's face it, the guy hasn't got the best record when it comes to Chris Yarran
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!