Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 114308 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #180
Can't remember Mick calling him selfish. He criticised him for showing signs of injury. Of course Mick in the commentary box was in a great position to tell just how Yazz was feeling. Let's face it, the guy hasn't got the best record when it comes to Chris Yarran

Mick called him selfish.

Essentially he said the way he carried on while injured was not good. It shows a weakness to the opposition. He didn't need to carry on the way he did.

Its the same reason why Mick said what he said recently in regards to Murphy and injuries etc.

All players who take the field are 100% fit. Implying anything other than that is showing weakness. Mick is all about the psychology of battle. Show a strong, united front at all times.

This is his issue with Yarran and his injury. It went against his mantra and in his opinion was selfish for not sucking it up and putting the team first.

Reply #181
Here are some stats on Yarran comparing last year to this year.
Last year he was a backman.
This year he is a forward.

Averages...
Disposals
2012 - 14.7 per game
2013 - 10.3

Goals
2012 - 0.5
2013 - 1.4

Tackles
2012 - 1.7
2013 - 3.8

Contested possesions
2012 - 4.1
2013 - 4.7

...and finally the % of his possessions that are contested
2012 - 28%
2013 - 44%

So although his overall possessions are down a touch from last year, he is kicking more goals (as you'd expect being forward now) but also laying double the amount of tackles he was laying last year.

Overall he is getting more hard ball per game, but overall he is getting a lot more hard ball and less easy ball compared to last year.

So the stats say that he is laying more tackles, getting more hard ball and obviously hitting the scoreboard more.

So tell me how it is exactly he is going backwards again? ???

Reply #182
Didn't you watch the game on the weekend? Stats mean sweet FA, I know what Yarran is capable of and I've seen what he's produced in the past, especially the previous two years. I've provided highlight reels at the start of the thread, go back and take a look if you can't seem to remember how good he was.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #183
Didn't you watch the game on the weekend? Stats mean sweet FA, I know what Yarran is capable of and I've seen what he's produced in the past, especially the previous two years. I've provided highlight reels at the start of the thread, go back and take a look if you can't seem to remember how good he was.

Double the tackles.
More hard ball.
More goals.

You want to watch a highlight reel, go support the ruckman for the eagles.

You want team oriented output...stay tuned.

Reply #184
Like I said. I'll go with my eyesight over your stats. Don't think too many would agree with you.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #185
 It's gonna be funny if Yarran wins Carltons B&F in 2014 !!!  ;D
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #186

Nothing would make me happier! However it wont be funny if he wins the Essendon B&F in 2014.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #187

Nothing would make me happier! However it wont be funny if he wins the Essendon B&F in 2014.
You reckon Matty Knights will know how to handle him ??  :P
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #188
Yarran has 4 games to change Micks opinion about what he is worth. They could be the most important 4 games of his life. His body is capable of anything. Just getting his mind right is the issue. Can that be fixed ? Wait until seasons end.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #189
Yarran has 4 games to change Micks opinion about what he is worth. They could be the most important 4 games of his life. His body is capable of anything. Just getting his mind right is the issue. Can that be fixed ? Wait until seasons end.

Mants I'd love to think so - he comes good with us and ends up as a superstar of the game! Do miracles still happen?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #190

Mants...This is how I see it too....4 games to show some intensity and keen interest that he wants to be part of the team going forward and is prepared to follow the coaches
instructions.
If he does that then he will be taken off the trade bait list, if he doesnt I expect him to be shopped around. I dont think MM is silly enough to give him away for peanuts just to prove a point
and I would expect him only to be traded if the deal was heavily biased our way for something we really needed.

Reply #191
Here are some stats on Yarran comparing last year to this year.
Last year he was a backman.
This year he is a forward.

Averages...
Disposals
2012 - 14.7 per game
2013 - 10.3

Goals
2012 - 0.5
2013 - 1.4

Tackles
2012 - 1.7
2013 - 3.8

Contested possesions
2012 - 4.1
2013 - 4.7

...and finally the % of his possessions that are contested
2012 - 28%
2013 - 44%

So although his overall possessions are down a touch from last year, he is kicking more goals (as you'd expect being forward now) but also laying double the amount of tackles he was laying last year.

Overall he is getting more hard ball per game, but overall he is getting a lot more hard ball and less easy ball compared to last year.

So the stats say that he is laying more tackles, getting more hard ball and obviously hitting the scoreboard more.

So tell me how it is exactly he is going backwards again? ???

Compelling stats. I also believe he is better this year than last. But can he take that next most important step - from me, to us?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #192

Mants...This is how I see it too....4 games to show some intensity and keen interest that he wants to be part of the team going forward and is prepared to follow the coaches
instructions.
If he does that then he will be taken off the trade bait list, if he doesnt I expect him to be shopped around. I dont think MM is silly enough to give him away for peanuts just to prove a point
and I would expect him only to be traded if the deal was heavily biased our way for something we really needed.

I agree with you. Don't throw him away for free, even if he doesn't show his worth. It could come back to bite us big time. (Based on 2013 form) A Rance / Treloar / Cameron / Trengrove (PA) / Boak type would help our group. Not those exact players, but I wouldn't scream at the club if any of these were targets. If he comes to play. If he shows a new attitude. We will be laughing for the next 5 years. His X-factor is simply amazing.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #193
Can't remember Mick calling him selfish. He criticised him for showing signs of injury. Of course Mick in the commentary box was in a great position to tell just how Yazz was feeling. Let's face it, the guy hasn't got the best record when it comes to Chris Yarran

Mick called him selfish.

Essentially he said the way he carried on while injured was not good. It shows a weakness to the opposition. He didn't need to carry on the way he did.

Its the same reason why Mick said what he said recently in regards to Murphy and injuries etc.

All players who take the field are 100% fit. Implying anything other than that is showing weakness. Mick is all about the psychology of battle. Show a strong, united front at all times.

This is his issue with Yarran and his injury. It went against his mantra and in his opinion was selfish for not sucking it up and putting the team first.

Nonetheless, whatever MM puts out in the media is by far and away more likely BS than reality.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #194

Mick called him selfish.

Nonetheless, whatever MM puts out in the media is by far and away more likely BS than reality.

Nuh. Seems to me that whatever MM puts out into the media is subjected to many filters within his bonce. MM is not a complicated person... first and foremost (which Eddie didn't understand) is that this bloke loves being in the trenches. He is a general of troops. He is a student of battle. Hence, the media is only a part of his strategy... he will be honest and straightforward, and he will be coy or even evasive.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17