Skip to main content
Topic: The Footy Show 2015 (Read 17764 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Footy Show 2015

Reply #30
I agree, the footy show is pure entertainment value. If you want to learn about what is going on in the football world, turn to a different channel. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #31
I agree, the footy show is pure entertainment value. If you want to learn about what is going on in the football world, turn to a different channel. ;)

If you want to be entertained, turn to a different channel too  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
The first time I've watched TFS in years, only watched it for Juddy. Reminded me of all the reasons I don't watch it. It's not funny, the 'news' was not particularly groundbreaking. I mean who cares what Lumumba asked the AFL back in 2013? It's obviously not an issue.

Last night was just awkward. If Juddy is going to be on there again, you'd want to hope for his sake that they all lift their game. So happy that there are a lot more decent football shows available on Foxtel.

I reckon the show is an absolute pissa! If you're watching it for footy content don't you're not going to get it. I watch it for pure humour and it's pretty damn funny IMO.
This. And for mine, the biggest pissa on the show when he is on is Dane Swan. He is a dead set lunatic with a warped outlook on life.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Yeah, pretty much a bunch of old footballers who think comedy = lame schoolboy stunts and sexual innuendo. Even Hughesy looked decidedly uncomfortable in their company. Please Footy Show executives, let comedians be the comedians and have the footballers and ex footballers talk about footy.

Reply #34
Yeah, pretty much a bunch of old footballers who think comedy = lame schoolboy stunts and sexual innuendo. Even Hughesy looked decidedly uncomfortable in their company. Please Footy Show executives, let comedians be the comedians and have the footballers and ex footballers talk about footy.

Mate, i know one of the main guys behind the scenes of the footy show, very blokey and loves an in joke. That has translated onto the screen and certainly will not change anytime soon.

Reply #35
The first time I've watched TFS in years, only watched it for Juddy. Reminded me of all the reasons I don't watch it. It's not funny, the 'news' was not particularly groundbreaking. I mean who cares what Lumumba asked the AFL back in 2013? It's obviously not an issue.

Last night was just awkward. If Juddy is going to be on there again, you'd want to hope for his sake that they all lift their game. So happy that there are a lot more decent football shows available on Foxtel.

You saved me from writing the same exact post. Agree with everything.

x2

The humour and the journalism are at the bottom of the barrel compared to the other shows on offer, but people still watch it. I bet the irony isn't lost on Newman whose "the average person on the street is a moron" are the reason for his wealth.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #36

Mate, i know one of the main guys behind the scenes of the footy show, very blokey and loves an in joke. That has translated onto the screen and certainly will not change anytime soon.

Can't argue if the ratings are OK. I thought Before the Game had a good mix of professional comedy and footy stuff.

Reply #37

Can't argue if the ratings are OK. I thought Before the Game had a good mix of professional comedy and footy stuff.

I can argue about plenty of shows out there where the ratings are OK. Doesn't make them good shows, just means there are plenty of sheep out there. ;)

You can't beat the footy show for star power and thats why they win the ratings. Before the game had comedians as presenters, the footy show has hall of famers as regulars and modern day superstars for the whole show, rather than 5 minute drop-ins that before the game had.

Reply #38
I thought Before the Game had a good mix of professional comedy and footy stuff.
Other than the fact they had 3 Carlton people on the panel, I thought that show was utter puss and run by try hards. Ch10 and 7  shows are dead, TFS is still going after 20 odd years.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
I love how people think TFS is too low-brow for a FOOTBALL SHOW.

Reply #40

Get your hands on a copy of the footy show from 10 or so years ago and you'll be surprised at how different it is today.

While all the other channels are going for more in depth analysis, especially foxtel shows, channel 9 are going the other way.

Reply #41

Get your hands on a copy of the footy show from 10 or so years ago and you'll be surprised at how different it is today.

While all the other channels are going for more in depth analysis, especially foxtel shows, channel 9 are going the other way.

I agree with you there.  I think the show was better with eddie as host.

I find the show entertaining... i'll the sunday footy show for more detail though.

Reply #42

I haven't watched the footy show in a long time but it was always there to provide the team announcements with entertainment around it. They were around before internet was everywhere but you can see why they might not want to move away from their formula and become too close to shows which have already failed, is already being done by someone else or needs to be are aired at 10:30pm or 11am on a Sunday or requires subscriptions to subsidies it to become a viable option.

That said, it's not for me ;D

Reply #43
TBH the thing I love about it the most are the pranks and dares they play on each other. Like when Billy had to eat those super duper hot chilli pies. Or their version of Big Brother (Big Billy). I find that kind of silly stuff quite entertaining. I can understand why others wouldn't. Each to their own.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44
TBH the thing I love about it the most are the pranks and dares they play on each other. Like when Billy had to eat those super duper hot chilli pies. Or their version of Big Brother (Big Billy). I find that kind of silly stuff quite entertaining. I can understand why others wouldn't. Each to their own.

Yeah not for me Carrots, but if you enjoy it then good for you. One question though and I like JB but his "oh no!!!" comments on every comic setup drives me insane, do you feel the same way?
IN WADA WE TRUST