Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!  (Read 45166 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!

Reply #45
What came first the calf or the sub?

How many players do you see getting iced after a game? This was Jamos 'after the game'.

Well he was limping heavily to the 3/4 time huddle, so make of that what you will.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #46
All you coulld tell from Foxtel was that we used our sub after the saints... If Jamo was injured by then he was no use once McCartin went off.

Hardly noticed Jammo watching at home.

Reply #47
Murphy was good today
Cripps was at least his equal
One of our younger blokes led by example

As impressive as Cripps performance was to most folk, and his stats were very good....... it was the little things that he did, the effort he showed and his presence that  impressed me the most.
Tackled hard, just pushed blokes who were in his way out of the way...and kept going.

This kid is going to be sensational....he'll have the odd 'down' day or two as he develops but in a year or two he'll be our best player and will dominate this competition.

....but I don't want to talk him up too much :D

Reply #48
40 points is 40 points but crikey St Kilda are bad.
Cripps looks a very good player in the making, we might have got at least one first round pick right since Yarran.
I've got a man crush on Tommy Bell to go with my Zach Tuohy crush, they're rippers those two.
Murphy was great,  thoroughly deserved BOG.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Murphy was good today
Cripps was at least his equal
One of our younger blokes led by example

As impressive as Cripps performance was to most folk, and his stats were very good....... it was the little things that he did, the effort he showed and his presence that  impressed me the most.
Tackled hard, just pushed blokes who were in his way out of the way...and kept going.

This kid is going to be sensational....he'll have the odd 'down' day or two as he develops but in a year or two he'll be our best player and will dominate this competition.

....but I don't want to talk him up too much :D

Mate, i was onto him well before the draft. At the time he was predicted to go between our 1st and 2nd pick. Thanks to a late charge he shot up the rankings and we nabbed him with our 1st pick.

I loved his size and work in close. Said he had the best hands/vision since Diesel....but in a bigger body.
...but i didn't wanna talk him up too much. ;)

Reply #50
Cripps= Diesel 2.0

Reply #51
Murph was better today but it was against St Kilda. Former no 1 pick almost 200 gamer and captain of your club I would be expecting that performance week in week out and against the top sides. I guess expectations have dropped that much....

Please... you expect him to be BOG every week? He has been an AA and won a B&F. You are carrying on like he is Jack Watts.

Worked hard, got a lot of contested ball, lead the team well. If you are that blinkered that you can't acknowledge a good game...

Reply #52
just saw highlights on internet....12,000 crowd is a porky...looks like 6-7000

Reply #53
@Kruddler

We need to keep a lid on it.
He'll have a bigger test next week

...but just at the moment do you think it will be three Bownlows or four ;D

Reply #54
@Kruddler

We need to keep a lid on it.
He'll have a bigger test next week

...but just at the moment do you think it will be three Bownlows or four ;D

You know the best part about him and the way he plays. He is not the type of guy you can tag and keep out of the game. He does his best work in tight and uses his bigger body to bash and crash to get the ball. He's not a shrinking violet who likes to receive the ball on the outside and can be easily shutdown.

Definitely 4. ;)

Reply #55
just saw highlights on internet....12,000 crowd is a porky...looks like 6-7000

Watching on tv it looked like the crowd got bigger as thr game went on.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56
Jobe said Cripps will be a star on the footy show the other night.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #57
Please... you expect him to be BOG every week? He has been an AA and won a B&F. You are carrying on like he is Jack Watts.

Worked hard, got a lot of contested ball, lead the team well. If you are that blinkered that you can't acknowledge a good game...

I don't disagree with you. I thought he was great today, I just wish he did it more often and against better teams but I guess we all do. Massive game next week and that's where the test is for him.

Reply #58
Jobe said Cripps will be a star on the footy show the other night.

I was a little worried in rd 1 against the tigers but I really like what I am seeing now. Showed a bit of mongrel as well and for someone who has played a handful of games to be throwing his weight around is a good sign and potential captain material.

Reply #59
Not sure why all the hate on Murph. I watched the game and he stuck his head over it all day. You dont get 24 contested pos out of 35 and have a poor game. It was a good Captains game.
2nd best to Judd ever for contested football and he had 11 tackles to go with it. If that doesn't answer some questions than nothing ever will.
Live Long and Prosper!