Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game) (Read 35070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game)

Reply #75
Just realised Army playing his 100th game. Congrats to him, didnt realise he had racked up that many.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Casboult is unlucky...I am a fan of Sam Rowe but he was ordinary last week after a quiet game the week before and......
the week before that.

He's one VERY lucky lad at the moment is Sam Rowe, been totally ineffective both as a forward & a ruckman time after time....yet he survives......*sigh*

Bootsma instead of McInnes.....*sigh*
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #77
Lucas is unlucky...didnt think he was too bad as the sub and contested better than some of his mates when he came on. I dont call that great selection work at all.

Robbo is one of Mick s whipping boys and I reckon is on shaky ground in terms of his future...

Go back to the old site and look at the voting for our final vs WCE in 2011. Robbo almost BOG, what a fall from grace in less than a season from a very good footballer to very average footballer. Mick's working his magic on the team.
Apart from Hendo and Touhy tell me who's actually improved?? If Robbo goe's so do I.

Reply #78
Just realised Army playing his 100th game. Congrats to him, didnt realise he had racked up that many.

And his last 6 have been arguably his worst.......

Reply #79
Lucas is unlucky...didnt think he was too bad as the sub and contested better than some of his mates when he came on. I dont call that great selection work at all.

Robbo is one of Mick s whipping boys and I reckon is on shaky ground in terms of his future...

Go back to the old site and look at the voting for our final vs WCE in 2011. Robbo almost BOG, what a fall from grace in less than a season from a very good footballer to very average footballer. Mick's working his magic on the team.
Apart from Hendo and Touhy tell me who's actually improved?? If Robbo goe's so do I.

Tuohy's improved the attacking side of his game, not so sure about the defensive side.......

Reply #80

That assessment might be a tad emotive and subjective I suspect, i.e. it does not appear to be supported by fact in that it is not arguable that they have been his worst or if all of them have even been bad!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81

That assessment might be a tad emotive and subjective I suspect, i.e. it does not appear to be supported by fact in that it is not arguable that they have been his worst or if all of them have even been bad!

Nup - it's fact LP, all of them have been bad or totally ineffective at the very best.

Reply #82

Tuohy's improved the attacking side of his game, not so sure about the defensive side.......

I think he has Brettie. He's gone from completely useless to Crap. But he has improved IMO.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #83

Just on that, everyone says it's the players fault that they have no heart and don't work hard enough but what's the excuse for Robbo? Surely no one can doubt his work ethic? His heads obviously not in the right place and that goes for a shightload of our players ATM. Like I said a few days ago, there comes a time were there's just too many players underperforming for it to be the players fault.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84
Should win. All year we've lost once to a side below us and beaten on side above us in the 8. No doubting on that we're an 8-9th placed side. Best win for the year was probably against North. They are way better than their position suggests demonstrated by a huge % for a 10th paced 8-10 team of 122.

Reply #85
I've watched the doggies the last three weeks as I've had active line bets going on them. They are in form and strong at the contest. If they bring their A game they'll beat us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86

Just on that, everyone says it's the players fault that they have no heart and don't work hard enough but what's the excuse for Robbo? Surely no one can doubt his work ethic? His heads obviously not in the right place and that goes for a shightload of our players ATM. Like I said a few days ago, there comes a time were there's just too many players underperforming for it to be the players fault.
Robbo for all his endeavours just makes too many errors, Ratts tolerated it, MM doesnt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #87
Nah, I don't remember too mant complaining about his errors in previous years. I remember people calling him the barometer of our team. A few suggested the captaincy. The final against WCE and his fine game on Fletcher the week before.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #88
Robbo has always been acknowledged for being full of heart and short on skill. The type of player that on one hand we all love for his big hits and passion, but we all get pi55ed off with for his all too frequent clangers.
My opinion of players of his ilk that they are good to have on tap for specific roles, or to bring in when the team is down on form, but if you are relying on them in your best 22, then you probably don't have a good enough side to win a flag.

Reply #89
@deags
Yep, I think Robbo may be better off in a better team than us atm. One where his helter skelter style is covered and balanced  by more of the skilled or composed types than we currently have. Then his clangers may not occur as often or wouldn't be as damaging?
Reality always wins in the end.