Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game) (Read 34917 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game)

Reply #90
I'd make Betts or Yarran the sub - Yaz, in particular, must be on his last chance to avoid being omitted.

Reply #91
I'd make Betts or Yarran the sub - Yaz, in particular, must be on his last chance to avoid being omitted.

I still think he wont play. If he's not injured he had to be dropped on last weeks performance. Unless Malthouse is buckling in his methods.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #92
Nah, I don't remember too mant complaining about his errors in previous years. I remember people calling him the barometer of our team. A few suggested the captaincy. The final against WCE and his fine game on Fletcher the week before.
I think I told this story at the time but I used to work across the road from Visy Park. We used to use their facilities for conferences and training sessions. Once when we used the facilities, we went down to the open area just next to the gym to do a group role play thing. On the way to the area, we walked passed a white board with every players name on it and next to the names all the "areas of improvement" for each player. I recall all Robbos items where all disposal related. The word "butcher" was amongst the adjectives listed. We are talking a few years back now, nothing has changed in my opinion. 
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #93
Just a thought.  Have we rushed Waite back in to give him valuable game time prior to the finals, with the assumption that we might default into 8th position?

5 weeks out with a leg injury will lower your fitness base considerably and one game in the twos would seem standard?

Reply #94
If I dont see the following right across the board:
- Desperation equivalent to an Ethiopian food drop
- Ruthlessness
- Aggression at man and the footy (legal or otherwise)
- Low turnover rate
- High conversion rate
- Hard running
I will spew up!
That is all.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #95

No argument here.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #96
Gointocarlton. YOu said
If I don't see :
- Desperation Ruthlessness Aggression Low turnover rate, Hard running,  you will ....
I have watched the replays and it is just not coming together.
The guys are trying, but the competition has found deficiencies in ability and composition.
I figure they team has done better than any of the previous years, but we need rebuilding.
Not many changes to the team - we note.
Assume the selectors have their purposes.
Big day for Warnock, lots of taps and a few grabs....!
Could go either way today !

Reply #97
Roof open or  closed today?

Reply #98
You got your wish, AFL reporting on Twitter no changes and Yarran the SUB
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #99
All about attitude.
I'll take a loss but I want to see them gutted by it if it occurs because they've given their all.

Reply #100
You got your wish, AFL reporting on Twitter no changes and Yarran the SUB
if he comes on with no interest he get gtfo at the end of 13. no passengers.

Reply #101
Mate of mine visits a certain chiropractor. He goes 3 days a week. Juddy, Kreuzer and Harry Obrien go when he's there. Not concerned about Harry, Collingwood can worry about him, but wonder if Juddy's back has been a problem for him, and if so how much. Kruezer might be out with a sore back rather than a calf. Top chiropractor according to my mate and done wonders for him, so let's hope he can keep our blokes in the game for as long as possible.

Reply #102
sad message to lose this one !