Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 391073 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1530
Yep..the Trump lets bomb the crap out of ISIS theory will lead to ISIS going underground and increasing guerilla tactics, they know they cant beat the US in conventional warfare and will step up the terror stuff.

It's a bit concerning reading the reports about how many Ex.Daesh fighters are being let back into countries. If the alleged media figures are correct the count is in the order of several hundred for places like the UK and Australia.

I do not understand why in democracies like Australia and the UK if a credible source has hard proof of a person fighting or training to fight in these regions that their passports can't just be cancelled. An associate tells me it's because politically and tactically we actually want them back under surveillance, in effect we are leaving the door open so we can see what they are up to!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1531
Interesting report from WaPo that the FBI is focussing on Jared Kushner. 

Of course, his meetings with Russians and his association with a Russian Bank with links to the Kremlin would be of interest, as would be his failure to disclose those meetings on his security and financial declarations.

But one aspect that is being pursued is something I had never heard about.  Kushner was involved in putting together the micro-analytics program which was used by the Trump campaign.  That program enabled the campaign to target small groups of voters who could be persuaded to vote for Trump.  This was apparently of great value in winning the critical states that put Trump over the top.

The FBI wants to know if the Trump campaign provided those analytics to Russia so it could target persuadable voters with pro-Trump and anti-Clinton fake news.

At this stage, that's just a possibility that the FBI wants to investigate and AFAIK there's no evidence that this happened.  But if it did, that would constitute collusion with a foreign power.  It's a fascinating hypothesis that I've never heard before.

Reply #1532
Almost all the news was anti Trump.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1534
So Trump was entitled to look to Russia to even up the coverage?  Interesting.

The press was having a field day with Comey's announcement that it might reopen the emails investigation.  But remember that fairness does not require the press to be complimentary about Trump half the time.  His campaign received more than its fair share of coverage.  It's also the role of the media to critique the policies he put forward and anything that might suggest a candidate is unfit to be President.

On the other hand, Russia was putting out fake news and disinformation as well as trying to capitalise on the stolen Podesta emails.

One story was that Clinton was associated with a paedophile ring operating from the basement of a Pizza restaurant.  This was supposedly revealed by Wikileaks emails.  It's now known as "Pizzagate" and was pushed by Alex Jones and others.  You'd think that people would be too smart to be sucked in by this.  But some people swallowed it hook, line and sinker.  One armed man stormed the Pizza restaurant and demanded to see the basement where the child sex was happening.  Eventually, he discovered that there was no basement at all and he surrendered to police. 

WaPo reported that:
Over the next couple of days, the wild accusations against Clinton gradually merged with a new raft of allegations stemming from WikiLeaks’ release of Podesta’s emails. Those emails showed that Podesta occasionally dined at Comet Ping Pong.

On Nov. 7, the hashtag #pizzagate first appeared on Twitter. Over the next several weeks, it would be tweeted and retweeted hundreds or thousands of times each day.

An oddly disproportionate share of the tweets about Pizzagate appear to have come from, of all places, the Czech Republic, Cyprus and Vietnam, said Jonathan Albright, an assistant professor of media analytics at Elon University in North Carolina. In some cases, the most avid retweeters appeared to be bots, programs designed to amplify certain news and information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pizzagate-from-rumor-to-hashtag-to-gunfire-in-dc/2016/12/06/4c7def50-bbd4-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.2ad1b5fc53bf

Whether the Russians created the story and fed it though right-wing conspiracy theorists isn't known, but it's fair to think the Russians had a hand in whipping up the "story" on social media.

That's the sort of propaganda (together with the Podesta emails Russia stole from Podesta and channelled through Wikileaks) that riled up some Trump voters.

Reply #1535
That's because he's a c0ckhead.

Yeah so I'm not sure how we can blame the media for Trump's. He won because he was up against Hillary.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1536
Yeah so I'm not sure how we can blame the media for Trump's. He won because he was up against Hillary.

Whatever issues Hilary has, she is at least a career politician, and someone who would take the job of President seriously. The biggest problem I have with Trump is that it's just a game to him, he doesn't take the office seriously. It means nothing to him, and I'm not sure it ever will.

Reply #1537

I beg to differ Paul.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1539
The Bern should take put Trump in 2020 if he's still alive.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1540
The Bern should take put Trump in 2020 if he's still alive.

He's 75 now. Not sure I want a politician that old, however much I like him. Yes I know its ageist.

Reply #1541
Whatever issues Hilary has, she is at least a career politician, and someone who would take the job of President seriously. The biggest problem I have with Trump is that it's just a game to him, he doesn't take the office seriously. It means nothing to him, and I'm not sure it ever will.

You are kidding right?

Did you see what was created by the Obama/Hillary administration over the last 8 years???

Change was needed and it came in a big way. Finally the US has a president who isn't bent over by extremists and wants to take them on. The mass immigration crap has killed Europe and it will do the same here if we don't watch out.

Reply #1542
You are kidding right?

Did you see what was created by the Obama/Hillary administration over the last 8 years???

Change was needed and it came in a big way. Finally the US has a president who isn't bent over by extremists and wants to take them on. The mass immigration crap has killed Europe and it will do the same here if we don't watch out.

Your white sheet has clearly shrunk in the wash, and is restricting blood circulation to your frontal lobe.

Reply #1543
He's 75 now. Not sure I want a politician that old, however much I like him. Yes I know its ageist.

Yep, the Dems need to find themselves a new candidate who isn't a career polly or who can successfully present themselves as an outsider to the establishment (even though they may have been part of it for decades).

I would have had trouble voting for Hillary but would have just to keep trump out. When I was in the states it was amazing how many Americans voted for him to "shake things up" .

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #1544
Your white sheet has clearly shrunk in the wash, and is restricting blood circulation to your frontal lobe.

That's unkind Paul  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball