Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 15090 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #30
GOALS: Cuningham, Gallucci, Gorringe, Kerr, Korcheck, McKay, Palmer, Pickett, Russell.

How many goals did we kick??  :o

Reply #31
Congratulations NB's.
Hope our boys display thrilled big MK's folks.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #34
Found the stream. Sorry it's biased Collingwood broadcast by "Collingwood Media"...lol.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-05-07/live-stream-vfl-2017-cfc

Thank you, Lajmeister. I just watched the entire game. Some thoughts.

Attn: CFC Media Dept... watch this b'cast from Rottingwood. Impressed with the AV quality and surprisingly professional and only very moderately biased commentary. Ours looks so amateur hour in comparison.

Jones and O'Shea were standouts.

Cuningham was good in patches/such deft skills... did his usual vanishing act and failed to assert himself into the physical contests but added a couple of things to his highlight reel.
Boekhorst tried hard and imposed himself on the contest but disposal let him down at times but deserved being mentioned in better players.
Jaksch and Den Den solid but nothing to get excited about.

I actually thought there were some encouraging signs from Sumner, Buckley, Phillips, Pickett (better defensive stuff) and Galucci (ditto Pickett).

Low scoring game so really not that many highlights.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
We are working the West Indies theory of the 80's...doesnt matter how many we make we will bowl
them out for less....

That's the one!

There was quite a big crosswind that didn't help the game at all.

Reply #36
Any chance OShea as a rookie prospect for next season or too old?

Reply #37
How far did Cuningham's goal from the centre square travel?  Victoria Park isn't a particularly small ground from what I remember.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
Any chance OShea as a rookie prospect for next season or too old?

I know he was listed as BOG but man he turned it over a lot and in bad spots.

We won't take him I wouldn't have thought .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #39
Attn: CFC Media Dept... watch this b'cast from Rottingwood. Impressed with the AV quality and surprisingly professional and only very moderately biased commentary. Ours looks so amateur hour in comparison.

x1000000

Why can't the Carlton website host a stream of all NBs games?

There are an untold number of IT / Communications and Media studies undergraduates looking for projects and placements as part of their degree or masters, Swinburne, RMIT, Melb and Monash are overflowing with them! All the club needs to do is invest is some suitable hardware and a decent chunk of bandwidth. I notice the previous Youtube of NB / Coburg had at +700 people trying to watch it when if frequently fell over above about +350 viewers.

A smart club would be marketing through it with banner and scrolling ads, overlays and wipes.

FFS, a smart club could even be developing it's own IP that it can license globally!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
x1000000

Why can't the Carlton website host a stream of all NBs games?

There are an untold number of IT / Communications and Media studies undergraduates looking for projects and placements as part of their degree or masters, Swinburne, RMIT, Melb and Monash are overflowing with them! All the club needs to do is invest is some suitable hardware and a decent chunk of bandwidth. I notice the previous Youtube of NB / Coburg had at +700 people trying to watch it when if frequently fell over above about +350 viewers.

A smart club would be marketing through it with banner and scrolling ads, overlays and wipes.

FFS, a smart club could even be developing it's own IP that it can license globally!

Exactamundo, Spotted One.

Come on CFC, we've improved in so many areas then let ourselves down badly with poor or no NBs coverage. Fancy being shown up by Rottingwood  :-[ :-[ So easy to create a leading edge coverage of the NBs games.

Well said, Snowy Leopard.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41

Jones and O'Shea were standouts.

I'm not certain who he'll replace but if Jones doesn't get a senior game soon we aren't fair dinkum.
I've never been a fan of his but fair's fair and it's not as if we're kicking big scores in the ones.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #42
I'm not certain who he'll replace but if Jones doesn't get a senior game soon we aren't fair dinkum.
I've never been a fan of his but fair's fair and it's not as if we're kicking big scores in the ones.

Somewhat agree, the spot has to be open. I thought he'd come in for sos this week. Possibly if weiters needs a rest

Reply #43
Somewhat agree, the spot has to be open. I thought he'd come in for sos this week. Possibly if weiters needs a rest

Kerridge or Smedts, neither of them did much on Saturday and he doesn't have to play as a permanent forward.
Smedts needs a run in the VFL to build some confidence but he looks like he can play a bit so I wouldn't write him off, Kerridge is only average.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #44
How many goals did we kick??  :o
Not really enough, conisdering that the ground wasn't in that bad a condition. Daicos was on the ABC loudly spruiking Victoria Park as having a great surface. Granted the weather was less than ideal, but it does suggest a very defensive mindset rather than poor conditions.
That our defence kept them to 3 goals for 3 quarters is a result worth being happy with.
Live Long and Prosper!