Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 15089 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #45

I always like this.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
Interesting to see Jones getting a tick again this week, but in playing a different role as a KPD.

Very good signs indeed!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
McKay, Polson and Kerr up and down alot....hope they find consistency at this level soon.

Cunners needs a game at top level his explosiveness will come in handy

Reply #48
Somewhat agree, the spot has to be open. I thought he'd come in for sos this week. Possibly if weiters needs a rest

That'd be a reasonable opening for Jones. Weits is struggling this year, so maybe a rest or even a run in the twos to get some confidence/touch back.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
Kerridge and Graham don't play VFL and Cunningham is more involved. Are we depriving him of on-ball time in favour of other older and more limited players?

This is where the line between winning a meaningless VFL game and player development can be tricky to manage.

Reply #50
Kerridge and Graham don't play VFL and Cunningham is more involved. Are we depriving him of on-ball time in favour of other older and more limited players?

This is where the line between winning a meaningless VFL game and player development can be tricky to manage.

From what I've seen of Cuningham in the NBs, he doesn't lack opportunities but doesn't always make the most of the opportunities that are presented to him.

I'm not sure that VFL games are meaningless; developing a winning culture has to be embraced at all levels.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
Most of the gws boys are stepping up to play in our reserves.  I imagine the vfl is much tougher than the neafl and players would learn more than anywhere else.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #52
From what I've seen of Cuningham in the NBs, he doesn't lack opportunities but doesn't always make the most of the opportunities that are presented to him.

I'm not sure that VFL games are meaningless; developing a winning culture has to be embraced at all levels.

Not sure I agree. Game time for the young players has to take priority

Reply #53

Totally agree with the latter.

But not so much the former, Cuningham has been given a couple of opportunities at senior level and has gone missing. The bottom line is that he should be creaming it at NBs level but looks like a good seconds player with flashes of pure class. For example I've not seen him show the desperation with body in the contest as Daisy did at this level, as does Palmer, Kerridge, Graham, Smedts and co. when playing at this level... even Boekhorst has improved his desperation in contests (pity about the disposal!)...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #54

Weits is struggling this year, so maybe a rest or even a run in the twos to get some confidence/touch back.

Is it just me or has gone backwards ...... ?? 

I know he's a baby in his 2nd year and will be a star but he's struggling at the moment..

Is it 2nd year ( pardon the pun ) Blues ??   Is he playing injured ??  Or is it the move into the forward line ??

Probably a combination of all 3 .... personally I think he should have stayed down back, the swing man thing isn't working.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #55
Weitering is being played in a new role. His Best Game was against Sydney.

Someone suggested dropping Charlie Curnow for "development". Gee his last 2 games have been pretty good.

He is good enough to get a game and his game wont be doing anything in the VFL.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #56
I gave him votes against Richmond and the Swans.... hasn't done much in the other games.

I'm expecting too much too soon.... with SPS and Charlie C showing signs I just want Weitering to explode and go to the next level now...... Yeah,  Ok we give him time to settle. :D
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #57
Is it just me or has gone backwards ...... ?? 

I know he's a baby in his 2nd year and will be a star but he's struggling at the moment..

Is it 2nd year ( pardon the pun ) Blues ??   Is he playing injured ??  Or is it the move into the forward line ??

Probably a combination of all 3 .... personally I think he should have stayed down back, the swing man thing isn't working.

The answer lives in your question, they all get it!
The Force Awakens!