Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 9; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 15875 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 9; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #45
I read it as are worried about the frockers' outside run... Walters, Hill x 2 etc.

No match up for White.

Wouldn't be surprised if we play Jones to back up K in the bounces and give Cripps et al. a hand around the contests.  Mundy, Fyfe, Sandilands... that's a lot of weight and strength around ground zero.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
I read it as are worried about the frockers' outside run... Walters, Hill x 2 etc.

No match up for White.

Wouldn't be surprised if we play Jones to back up K in the bounces and give Cripps et al. a hand around the contests.  Mundy, Fyfe, Sandilands... that's a lot of weight and strength around ground zero.

Good points. You'd think that we're bringing in quick blokes to run with the Hills and Walters etc.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #47

No match up for White.

My thoughts as well.

Reply #48
Sunday in Perth:

Min 11  Max 20 Showers. Possible early storm.Possible rainfall:

4 to 10 mm Chance of any rain: 100%

Perth area

Partly cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h shifting southerly 20 to 30 km/h during the afternoon.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
I doubt we will play Jones if it's too wet, I suspect we'll go with Cunningham as a running HBF and let the other guys deal with the wet conditions.

Jones' benefit would be greatly diminished if marking isn't going to be a significant factor.

However, having said that, Jones leap in the ruck is significant. He's more than capable of jumping over Sandilands from a short run up. Something that Kreuzer and Casboult won't achieve. If Jones could break even with Sandilands and then run off him he would be more than useful.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
All evidence points to Armfield IMHO.  This could be his swan song.

White out Armfield in.  Better matchup than Boeky or Cunners.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #51
I doubt we will play Jones if it's too wet, I suspect we'll go with Cunningham as a running HBF and let the other guys deal with the wet conditions.

Jones' benefit would be greatly diminished if marking isn't going to be a significant factor.

However, having said that, Jones leap in the ruck is significant. He's more than capable of jumping over Sandilands from a short run up. Something that Kreuzer and Casboult won't achieve. If Jones could break even with Sandilands and then run off him he would be more than useful.

Was thinking along those lines myself LP. Maybe we are planning to gang up on Sandilands and run him off his legs?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
 I think Jones should play regardless of the weather. He's earned his call up. I think they took Armfield along in case Gibbs doesn't get up plus Armfield has family in WA.

Reply #53
I think Jones should play regardless of the weather. He's earned his call up. I think they took Armfield along in case Gibbs doesn't get up plus Armfield has family in WA.

I'd definitely like to see Jones in the starting 18.

Reply #54
What world are we in that everyone is calling for Liam Jones to be in!!

Fair play to the lad to work as hard as he has.

Culture.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #55

It shows that our list is still full of holes.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #56

Fair play to the lad to work as hard as he has.

Culture.

Nah, it's just us Victorians hate you WA feckers! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
Interchange = Graham, Daisy, Cunningham, Williamson.

No go for Jones.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #58
Interchange = Graham, Daisy, Cunningham, Williamson.

No go for Jones.

So much for selecting on form alone! Jones & Boekhorst have both been well ahead of Cuningham on form. Gee I hope Cuningham can do something at senior level that he hasn't been able to do in the seconds - be consistent and assert himself physically in the contest. Stranger things have happened.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59

You know? That futuristic world where Trump is President and Hanson is P.....  :o

Hang on almost there ;D

Good Luck to Jonesy, he could have spit the dummy playing in the 2's all the time ala Laidler ::)
Hope he goes well if he gets the call up.

Edit.. Doh!
2024... Moir of the same to come