Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 21599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #60
It's not that we let Hill go, they can't keep up with. He runs harder than anyone in the AFL.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #61
Don't worry about Polson, he'll be getting the accolades soon enough. Got tank issues just now and we need people who can run out games.

The other reason is Sumner and Polson play different roles.

Our Forward pressure and locking the ball i is abysmal.

I reckon Sumner is in to play that role and if he succeeds, he will stay.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #62
We did that most of last year and it was an abject failure. Kreuzer's great on his own, very ordinary when he shares, as is Phillips. Both were terrible as forwards.

Jee, my memory must be horrible these days....I could have sworn i saw Phillips take a few good strong marks forward last year & kick the goals.....same as he did in the Northern game last weekend.

but I must have been mistaken.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #63
1. Agree with Jim...Kruezer players better when he is the main man and has Casboult as the casual relief ruckman.
I thought Kruezer went as well as anyone could vs Sandilands and dont agree he was murdered in the ruck, worked well around the ground and what people forget is effectively another mid as he plays like the old fashioned follower and involves himself at ground level and around the ground.
Dont get me wrong I like Philips and he is an honest contributor as a ruckman and very handy as backup but playing them both makes us inflexible IMO.

2: Sumner...talented player IMO, has pace, kicks goals and can take a decent mark for a smaller type, got some courage too and can lay a tackle....
Injuries and lack of possessions are his main problem, when he plays he does some good things but doesnt get enough footy...
I'd like to see him stay in the team and be given some roles to play, had thought about trying him down back as a small defender as he tackles well and would rebound the footy...that way it wouldnt be about total possies per game and more about his role playing on a man.

Reply #64
Jee, my memory must be horrible these days....I could have sworn i saw Phillips take a few good strong marks forward last year & kick the goals.....same as he did in the Northern game last weekend.

You probably were as it wasn't many. Averaged just 7 touches and two marks a game. Not only that but it affected Kreuzer's games alot as well. We were forever going on after games about our rucks doing SFA alot of the year.

Give me the choice of an extra ruck or an extra key forward, give me the forward any day.

Reply #65
Sandilands turned the game in Freo's favour. Kreuzer might have a good individual game when he rucks solo but it's not good for the team.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #66
Two rucks was the formula last year and Phillips has been back playing after an extended lay-off.

Each game hes got better and Frasers post match report was glowing. Strong chance to play, particularly if Norf pick Preuss.

It will be dry and I don't mind the selection.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #67

Yes, my idea of an "abject" failure differs a lot to Jims.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #68
If Phillips is rucking Kreuzer should rotate with Cripps, they are equally good at ground level.

Two rucks was the formula last year and Phillips has been back playing after an extended lay-off.

Each game hes got better and Frasers post match report was glowing. Strong chance to play, particularly if Norf pick Preuss.

It will be dry and I don't mind the selection.

Phillips was better, but last weekend was the first he's actually held some marks. Prior to that he was very ordinary, I think he is dead lucky that Jones got injured! Jones has been losing the taps but winning the clearances.

It's not the 50 taps a ruckmen gets that matters, it's what the midfielders do with them that counts!

I can't believe we keep having this debate, especially given we finally cleared our list of Warnock are we saying we were better off with him than Kreuzer, no way!

I think our big problem remains Casboult, a lot of attention on Kreuzer relative to Sandilands just lets 200cm Casboult's awful game last weekend slip through the cracks. It takes a special talent to kick 2 goals and still have a negative impact! Casboult is like an illicit drug, addictive for all the wrong reasons. At 27 I'm well and truly over the "Gee, if only he could.....!", yet I just know if he leaves he'll come good!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
If Phillips is rucking Kreuzer should rotate with Cripps, they are equally good at ground level.

Phillips was better, but last weekend was the first he's actually held some marks. Prior to that he was very ordinary, I think he is dead lucky that Jones got injured! Jones has been losing the taps but winning the clearances.

It's not the 50 taps a ruckmen gets that matters, it's what the midfielders do with them that counts!

I can't believe we keep having this debate, especially given we finally cleared our list of Warnock are we saying we were better off with him than Kreuzer, no way!

I think our big problem remains Casboult, a lot of attention on Kreuzer relative to Sandilands just lets 200cm Casboult's awful game last weekend slip through the cracks. It takes a special talent to kick 2 goals and still have a negative impact! Casboult is like an illicit drug, addictive for all the wrong reasons. At 27 I'm well and truly over the "Gee, if only he could.....!", yet I just know if he leaves he'll come good!

Jones hasn't played ruck for a few weeks.

Reply #70
How is Sumner even in contention?? Polson should be considered ahead of him.

Sumner's improvement from game to game has been really strong... in his last game his improvement from qtr to qtr was obvious. Polson is still searching for consistency and is not far off. They're both quick which is a bonus.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71
I like Sumner, always have. I hope he can get a decent crack, stay injury free and get some continuity by playing week in week out. The kid can seriously play and has some tricks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #72
Jones hasn't played ruck for a few weeks.

He's had ruck rotations at stoppages in every game I watched in the last few weeks, only limited center bounce stuff in the last two weeks. But enough stoppage ruck to see the benefits he brings.

If he brings that level of effort, he is more than useful whether it be ten times a game or fifty!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
Interchange =
Cunningham
Graham
Sumner
Macreadie.
Reality always wins in the end.