Skip to main content
Topic: Round 9 Green Shoot of the Week  (Read 8564 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 9 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
Easily Williamson this week for poise and his movement through traffic.

I don't know what the opposite of a green shoot is but this week it was Plowman.

The opposite would be a dead weed but given he was on AA squad pace I'm sure you don't mean that after one ordinary game in bad conditions, do you?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #16
Alex S. again for me.

A stroke of genius by SOS getting him here.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #17
AA squad pace? " tell him he's dreaming"

Pole still has some way to go to be in that sort of thinking. Slow start to the year where he was just going.played a good patch against, Essendon, Collingwood and perhaps the saints. A

Reply #18
AA squad pace? " tell him he's dreaming"

Pole still has some way to go to be in that sort of thinking. Slow start to the year where he was just going.played a good patch against, Essendon, Collingwood and perhaps the saints. A
Made AFL team of the week twice.

But yeah sure , he's just going  :o
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #19
To the surprise of some... Cuningham. Watch his first qtr closely...

Now, like so many of his team mates, he just has to string 4 qtrs together.

Haha, it's nice to see you give him the nod. Like many, I really hope he can begin to put it all together, over 4 qtrs. If he can we will have a very good player. He's a point of difference to many of our other mids in qualities and style of play as well.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #21
Haha, it's nice to see you give him the nod. Like many, I really hope he can begin to put it all together, over 4 qtrs. If he can we will have a very good player. He's a point of difference to many of our other mids in qualities and style of play as well.

Yep, liked his first qtr, Amers Old Son. But I have to add that his failing to man up in the 3rd qtr was a disgrace and somewhat typical - watched his opponent run off him and he just jogged after him through the middle, no pressure no attitude and guess who was the next link in the handball chain resulting in a D1ckers inside 50, yep, the bloke Cuningham looked at and just allowed to keep running unchecked. I reckon that's his issue, he's either on and doing well or a lazy little pr1ck. Deserves to be dropped for that one super slack non-effort.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Yep, liked his first qtr, Amers Old Son. But I have to add that his failing to man up in the 3rd qtr was a disgrace and somewhat typical - watched his opponent run off him and he just jogged after him through the middle, no pressure no attitude and guess who was the next link in the handball chain resulting in a D1ckers inside 50, yep, the bloke Cuningham looked at and just allowed to keep running unchecked. I reckon that's his issue, he's either on and doing well or a lazy little pr1ck. Deserves to be dropped for that one super slack non-effort.

Yep, I also saw exactly what you described. He's still very hot and cold, he needs to even that out, and then begin to raise the bar.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #23
Cunners needs game time to adjust to speed of the game. Only poised type players can pick up the speed quickly he is more of a power mid and will be harder for him to adjust. If he comes good will be excellent for us. Here's hoping he just turned 20 time is on his side to put it together

Reply #24
Cunners needs game time to adjust to speed of the game. Only poised type players can pick up the speed quickly he is more of a power mid and will be harder for him to adjust. If he comes good will be excellent for us. Here's hoping he just turned 20 time is on his side to put it together

Yep, there's no doubting he has all the tricks, but we can't excuse allowing an opponent to run off like that. That's ill-disciplined and I hope is not indicative of poor concentration/attitude issue. I bet BB/other coaches and players tore him a newy over that non-effort. All the first year blokes are already showing him up for commitment and effort. Hopefully the penny drops for the kid, and soon.

Reply #25
Just to temper the criticism he's a teenager in his second year of football.   If this behaviour is still here next season then get worried but for now it's simply something for Cunningham to work on. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Pretty ordinary conditions, got it 13 times (about twice as many as his last game) and did some nice stuff.

Hope he keeps getting better.

Reply #27
Yep, there's no doubting he has all the tricks, but we can't excuse allowing an opponent to run off like that. That's ill-disciplined and I hope is not indicative of poor concentration/attitude issue. I bet BB/other coaches and players tore him a newy over that non-effort. All the first year blokes are already showing him up for commitment and effort. Hopefully the penny drops for the kid, and soon.

I may be over generous but is it possible that he was spent at the time and not capable of chasing effectively?

I don't recall his involvement immediately before that incident.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
I may be over generous but is it possible that he was spent at the time and not capable of chasing effectively?

I don't recall his involvement immediately before that incident.

Your loyalty to anyone pulling on the navy blue is bloody brilliant. But, yep, over generous IMHO on this occasion. If he's spent in the third qtr, then he's in trouble. Just slack on his behalf. The first year blokes were showing him up -- especially considering fewer rotations -- for gut busting efforts.

But please don't mistake my criticism for writing off the kid or being too harsh on him or having it in for him... no way, love to see him burn it up. Just p1sses me off seeing talent to burn attached to a seeming inability to maintain intensity - he's well into his 2nd year now. What he showed in the first qtr was really good, so much so I named him as my green shoot of the week based on that effort... but what followed from him had me questioning whether he was the green shoot of the week... especially when you look at first year blokes like Willo's efforts throughout the game, and ZF throwing his 11 kilos around in desperation and Samo racking up 10 tackles...

Some blokes do have a problem with maintaining concentration/focus/intensity but they soon learn... or they'll find themselves back in a more comfortable league/level of footy.

Reply #29
I don't think I've seen Jack make green shoot yet. It would be nice if he could get rid of the yips to give himself a chance.