Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26778 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Frig I hate losing
Frigging I hate the umpires
Frig I hate Waite
Frigging I hate North
Frigging I Hate losing

When are we going to see a STAY at home FULL FORWARD. You know the ones? The ones that when we get the ball and stream down the wing you know the next kick will be to a LEADING forward.
We lost the game North didn't win it.
BB, you and the coaching team have done a superb job in building a backline but they have NONONE to kick it to in the forward line.
It is time to bring in a leading FULL FORWARD not a run up the ground and get a linking mark on the wing type guy.
We seem to have two, McKay and Kerr. Toss the coin, put one at FULL FORWARD and give US SUPPORTERS some hope that there is a next phase in our rebuild.
Because we have shown we can stop teams, we have shown we can defend, we have shown we can match it but we CANNOT kick a WINNING score!
IT IS TIME!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #16
give US SUPPORTERS some hope that there is a next phase in our rebuild.

Well, I for one don't need too much convincing that there is hope there.  We kicked almost 100 pts, our midfield got amongst the goals we actually had a forward plan that got us back into the game. Started 2 up forward, 2 on either side of the square and the other left overs coming off the back. North didn't know where to go for two and a half quarters.

I have plenty of hope..  and faith. 

Reply #17
Frig I hate losing
Frigging I hate the umpires
Frig I hate Waite
Frigging I hate North
Frigging I Hate losing

When are we going to see a STAY at home FULL FORWARD. You know the ones? The ones that when we get the ball and stream down the wing you know the next kick will be to a LEADING forward.
We lost the game North didn't win it.
BB, you and the coaching team have done a superb job in building a backline but they have NONONE to kick it to in the forward line.
It is time to bring in a leading FULL FORWARD not a run up the ground and get a linking mark on the wing type guy.
We seem to have two, McKay and Kerr. Toss the coin, put one at FULL FORWARD and give US SUPPORTERS some hope that there is a next phase in our rebuild.
Because we have shown we can stop teams, we have shown we can defend, we have shown we can match it but we CANNOT kick a WINNING score!
IT IS TIME!
Yes!

Playing with one key forward only, who has to ruck as well, was a blunder. Needed a 2nd one, one that can read it and lead at the right time would be good.

Reply #18
Well, I for one don't need too much convincing that there is hope there.  We kicked almost 100 pts, our midfield got amongst the goals we actually had a forward plan that got us back into the game. Started 2 up forward, 2 on either side of the square and the other left overs coming off the back. North didn't know where to go for two and a half quarters.

I have plenty of hope..  and faith.

We had the chance to go into an open forward line a few times but didn't have that tall that could go one on one or lead into space hence we tried to chip it and mucked it up. A 2nd key forward might have made a big difference.

Reply #19
Two clangers from Weitering (spiking the ball back into play on the goal line) and MacCreadie not forcing a rushed behind in the last were damaging.  They will learn by those mistakes. That is what 'getting game time into the kids' is all about.

Reply #20
Two clangers from Weitering (spiking the ball back into play on the goal line) and MacCreadie not forcing a rushed behind in the last were damaging.  They will learn by those mistakes. That is what 'getting game time into the kids' is all about.

Yes, that rushed behind rule is just so confusing. Felt sorry for that Richmond player last night.

Reply #21
Very disappointing to lose yet another game that we should have won.  I guess that's the price you pay when you give the youngsters opportunities.  That will pay dividends in the long run but it would be nice to get another win on the board.

There's certainly a lot of potential and I'm more than happy with how Bolton has us playing.  However, I'd like to see more emphasis on the forward line - another key forward would have been handy today.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
What cost us today was playing Weitering forward for the last three months, looks lost and confused now, has lost his spatial awareness. We are trying our very best to turn another No.1 pick into a spud!

SoJ was ordinary.

Wright kept quiet but kicked a great goal.

SPS was almost a ghost.

Plowman started to get back some form.

Cripps has a bad habit of thinking he is Gary Ablett Jnr.

Sumner burnt a team-mate in the last minute to kick himself a goal, that's his highlight!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Sumner burnt a team-mate in the last minute to kick himself a goal, that's his highlight!

He also handed one to Doc in the goal square when he could have easily kicked it himself.  At the time I thought that it was pretty unselfish for a guy who would be desperate to get on the board.

Reply #24
He also handed one to Doc in the goal square when he could have easily kicked it himself.  At the time I thought that it was pretty unselfish for a guy who would be desperate to get on the board.

If he hadn't handed that off he should have been dragged, team first always and every time, you must always reward effort.

There were a handful of moments of indecision or selfishness that cost us this game. They are young, they will learn, but they must learn from it!

In that 3rd we could have easily pegged another 2 or 3 goals and things would have been much different despite the crap start!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Green shoots galore.

Jack, Fisher and SPS need a spell in the twos to find some touch and confidence

Perhaps could have won that game if Jaksch, Smedts and Palmer played.

Dont think it would have made much difference tbh.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #26
Two North player who were damaging were Williams and Higgins, both seem to run unchecked, Samo had Williams but couldnt go with him and he hurt us coming out of defense as he is a good user of the ball.
Higgins seem to have a few opponents but none were able to subdue him IMO and we suffered everytime he got the footy.....
Kruezer played a great game on Goldstein and while I have been a critic of Gibbs and expected less from him this season given he wanted out I was impressed with his attack on the footy, work and tackle rate, one of his best games for the club impact wise and it wasnt his fault we lost.
North seemed to get more out of their quiet players than we did.....Wood and Garner didnt touch the footy much but kicked goals when it mattered...
Alex Silvagni continues to be the surprise recruit of the year and must get a contract for next season...love his physicality and SOS sure knew hat he was doing when he rookied him unlike me who couldnt work out why he did :-[

Cunningham impressed me, not just the goals but his tackling and persistence....see a good future for him.
Nick Graham...effort was there but remain 50/50 on his effectiveness...

re: Sumner....typical game..some good stuff but also not enough of the ball....but I prefer him to the likes of Boekhorst and Buckley....

Weitering was poor and seems devoid of confidence, some horrible mistakes but he is better than what he showed, good for him to have a break this week IMO...
SOSOS was also poor....looks heavy in the legs and not giving us much, reckon Kerr might think he is a chance for a game as Jack needs a spell in the twos...

Reply #27
Just got back from the game. Greats seats... the usually sedate Mrs Baggers was ready to kill the umps by the midway mark of the 2nd qtr!

I love it when we get the chance to go to a game as you get to see who's working hard off the ball. Sumner showed glimpses and probably deserves another chance, but, sheesh, he'd want to make the most of that one.

Casboult was on a hiding to nothing being the only tall marking target up forward. SOJ has to make way for a Mackay, Jones or Kerr.

Don't think we had the experience to newbie ratio correct. Macreadie for Rowe didn't work and neither did Sumner for Thomas. In hindsight Boekhorst or Armfield would have been better replacements for Thomas.

Positives:-

The comeback from 45 pts down.

Gibbs was sensational as a player and leader on the ground helping to wake us up in the second qtr. No way we let him go to Adelaide at year's end.

C Curnow is a ripper and will only get better... has attitude and intensity and legit ability. Works hard.

Willo rapidly becoming the recruit of the year for us, closely followed by Marchbank.

ACOS is a rock in defense and won't stand for a team mate being badly treated. Leadership written all over him. Must be promoted to senior list.

Tractor Kreuzer created so many opportunities. The best big man on the ground by a mile. Sensational.

Docherty becoming a real general down back, makes a couple of mistakes from time to time but will take over from Simmo when the time is right.

Plowman did some very, very important things. Growing.

Some very exciting cameos from Cuningham.

Crippa.

Matty Wright does so much hard stuff off the ball, best thing we've gotten from SA in a long time.

Negatives:
First qtr and a half umpiring.

Our mistakes. Gee we gave the Kangabies some easy goals.

When we got in front it was like we cr@pped ourselves and didn't know how to press on... you could sense it at the ground. Our pressure and commitment and intensity had the Wallaroos on the ropes. I don't think it was tiredness but rather a lack of killer instinct. You could palpably see us slow once we had the lead... this is between the ears stuff.

Weitering. Half the player he was last year. If his name was Smith and he was pick 77 he'd probably be rested.

SOJ. As for Weits. If his surname wasn't Silvagni would he be getting a game? Many folks there were asking the same question at the game. Couple of young girls cracked it that anyone could question SOJ... sorry, but his strengths at present are work rate and for the marketing dept. No-one works harder but he's just not impacting the game enough.

Cuningham's work off the ball. Just too slack.

Samo does some amazing things but is fumbling too much and not hurting the opposition enough. Links well. He and ZF (and probably SOJ and Weits) need some NBs time.

Murph wasn't his usual self. Couple of very costly clangers.

(at one stage our clanger count was 5 times the number of Wallaroo errors.)

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #28
Weitering must be injured. Ben Brown burnt him off easily.

Something amiss there...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #29
I don't believe he's being selected on name only but Jack Silvagni seems a bit down on confidence since he hurt his shoulder so a spell of a couple of games in the VFL wouldn't do him any harm.