Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 10275 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #30
Tom Williamson for some reason reminds me of the very best version of simon beaumont

Reply #31
Bolts coaching by changing it up and starting each center bounce with an 8 man backline and the players ability to adjust to that so quickly and make it work. Leaders really stepped up to direct traffic out on the field. Got us back in to the match.
Usually sit on the wing but for some reason we decided to sit behind the goals this week and had a great view of it.

Reply #32
Thru, I'm glad you spotted the Williamson-Beaumont doppelganger thing, might be the hair cut/sideys and clean cut look, but gees they look similar, except for the bandy legs.  Beauy was master of the long, scudding helicopter, pleased Willo has him covered in the kicking department.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33
Thru, I'm glad you spotted the Williamson-Beaumont doppelganger thing, might be the hair cut/sideys and clean cut look, but gees they look similar, except for the bandy legs.  Beauy was master of the long, scudding helicopter, pleased Willo has him covered in the kicking department.

x3 ...stands up very straight like Beaumont did at times,thankfully kicks the ball better,,,,,

Reply #34
A couple of very small things out of a large game...but

1:  Jack Silvagni wrestling out of a decent Ziebell tackle with just sheer lower body strength, throwing him to the ground & running away......never mind the scrubby left foot kick into the forward line after that......I loved that bit of play.

2. In the last, Tom Williamson latching onto a contested mark on the edge of the square with 1 hand, completely wrong footing his opponent & running to just outside 50 to launch a shot for goal......never mind that it missed by a whisker.......I loved that as well.

cheers

Both these were certainly ' Wow ' moments in the game.
However the fact SOJ ran straight into him to start with no lateral movement was concerning.

That Williamson one hand gather and turn was extra special.  Only a very small percentage of elite players in the game can do such breath taking acts.

Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #35

Both these were certainly ' Wow ' moments in the game.
However the fact SOJ ran straight into him to start with no lateral movement was concerning.

That Williamson one hand gather and turn was extra special.  Only a very small percentage of elite players in the game can do such breath taking acts.

Yes, the Williamson one handed was magnificent.
I also thought some of SPS's tackles were pretty impressive, especially the one where he appeared to injure himself in the forward pocket.

Reply #36
Cunningham for me showed genuine promise.
By my reckoning we have Cunningham, SPS, Weitering, Silvagni, Fisher, Williamson and Curnow from the last two drafts who all look to be a better than even money chance of becoming 100 game players, which is an outstanding result given our draft history over the last decade.
Now for the next two drafts, fingers crossed.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #37
A couple of very small things out of a large game...but

2. In the last, Tom Williamson latching onto a contested mark on the edge of the square with 1 hand, completely wrong footing his opponent & running to just outside 50 to launch a shot for goal......never mind that it missed by a whisker.......I loved that as well.

cheers

My jaw hit the floor when I saw this, it was worth the price of admission just to see that !! A very nice little green shoot!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #38
My jaw hit the floor when I saw this, it was worth the price of admission just to see that !! A very nice little green shoot!

I was at the game, and saw that play clearly unfold from where my seats are.

Willo was about to shoot for goal when he spotted Curnow running hard, coming in from the right side point post towards the goal square - I can tell you that Willo spotted him and as he was half way thru his kick he tried to pull it to Curnow but it was too late and the ball had too much carry on it. You could see his reaction afterwards - was like he should have just had the shot.

100% sure he was in too minds and if he didn't spot Curnow that would have been a amazing goal.

Reply #39
I was at the game, and saw that play clearly unfold from where my seats are.

Willo was about to shoot for goal when he spotted Curnow running hard, coming in from the right side point post towards the goal square - I can tell you that Willo spotted him and as he was half way thru his kick he tried to pull it to Curnow but it was too late and the ball had too much carry on it. You could see his reaction afterwards - was like he should have just had the shot.

100% sure he was in too minds and if he didn't spot Curnow that would have been a amazing goal.

When he learns to trust in his skill & trust in his spot in the side......look out.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #40
One thing about the kid is that he (already) seems consistent in his output (touch wood).

Something that even SPS can't say.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41
One thing about the kid is that he (already) seems consistent in his output (touch wood).

Something that even SPS can't say.....

Spot on. Thus far he's our best 1st year player for mine... takes the game on and has a deadly accurate left foot.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
Spot on. Thus far he's our best 1st year player for mine... takes the game on and has a deadly accurate left foot.

Doesn't take any cr@p either  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #43

x2..Williamson is our most complete newbie in terms of skill, nous and ability to handle the extra physicality of senior footy.
Absolute bargain recruit and credit to SOS...had very little write up pre-draft and was more a rookie consideration..

Reply #44
Almost bizarre he went so late. perhaps too many others saw him as an athlete and nothing else?

"Tom Williamson (North Ballarat Rebels, Vic Country)

A fitness freak, Williamson showed off his excellent endurance at the AFL national combine, finishing first in the agility test and second in the 3km time trial, as well as placing among the top 10 in another five tests — including the beep. At 190cm, he’s also an excellent interceptor that reads the play well off half-back."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the-21-latepick-bargains-clubs-must-consider-in-the-2016-afl-draft/news-story/96958c42644e00307ba7866033df0d1e

More fool them...
Finals, then 4 in a row!