Skip to main content
Topic: Round 12 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 5892 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 12 Green Shoot of the Week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face.

David Cuningham. I think we've found one.

Re: Round 12 Green Shhot of the Week

Reply #1
Cunningham. Wowee!
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #2
Charlie didn't have a big game but his little efforts in the last impressed.  Massive tackle in last few moments and his smart marking contest tap to sumner who set up lamb for a goal are 2 examples.

Reply #3
Liam Jones rebirth as a KP defended
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
Cuningham today, but he still has plenty of room to lift his work rate and tackling
More good work from Charlie, can't wait for when he puts it all together
Honourable mentions to Weitering and Marchbank for solid games with ACOS down

Reply #5
Cunningham's game was good in a midfield that was beaten.

Charlie Curnow is no longer a shoot, he's grown into a sapling.  Ditto Silvagni.  

Williamson was good again.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Liam Jones.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #7
Liam Jones.

:)

Yes the Jones boy was a revelation!

My green shoot was Cuningham for his second goal.  It was a difficult shot under pressure (psychological) and he nailed it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Yes, gotta be Jonesy.
He could've done a Laidler and spit the dummy but he just kept improving and not doubting himself.
Maybe a special thanks to MM might be in order?  Naah thought not. ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
Liam Jones.

X2

Could well be the emergence of a stalwart of our defence. He fulfilled my expectations for sure. Also impressed by Cunningham.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Has to be LJ.

The scene was set for him with Rowe making a spot, and Alex going down early.

It was his time to shine against 2 of the best key forwards in the game, and shine he did.

Reply #11
Has to be LJ.

The scene was set for him with Rowe making a spot, and Alex going down early.

It was his time to shine against 2 of the best key forwards in the game, and shine he did.

He did what Rowe has been doing but with better physical tools to work with - faster, stronger, more aggressive, better disposal, more competitive when the ball hits the ground,  willingness and ability to mark the ball - line ball with the spoiling - LJ impacted more marking contests because of his speed and leap but he still needs to perfect his directional punches. He has worked hard to get another chance - now he has to keep bringing it.

Reply #12
He did what Rowe has been doing but with better physical tools to work with - faster, stronger, more aggressive, better disposal, more competitive when the ball hits the ground,  willingness and ability to mark the ball - line ball with the spoiling - LJ impacted more marking contests because of his speed and leap but he still needs to perfect his directional punches. He has worked hard to get another chance - now he has to keep bringing it.

Stronger?

Surely Rowe has him covered in the strength department.

Liam Jones seems to have a lot of Dustin Fletcher about him.
Good size, pace, spring and go-go-gadget arms.

Reply #13
I went for Cuningham as my green shoot, some nice goals vs  very decent opposition and he looks to be maturing every game...
Special mention to Charlie Curnow who didnt hit the stat sheet much but put himself into plenty of contests and was a big part of helping our little blokes do their thing by getting his big frame in where we needed it...

Liam Jones was playing more like an green obnoxious weed when he first arrived but given the way he played is more like a decent solid oak tree now and didnt qualify as a green shoot... ;) but deserves a mention...
In fact Jones fever has started to turn into the same type of hate turned to love that Hawk fans had for premiership hero Matt Spangher.....

Reply #14
Warms the cockles to see wraps for LJ. Glad others are now seeing what he's been bringing at seconds level for a good many weeks. Now he has to not only continue to bring this but improve upon it which I reckon he will as he becomes more confident. Great effort from LJ and the rest of the boys down back especially after losing ASOS early but still restricting Patton and Cameron to 3 goals only. Bravo.

Green shoot would have to be Cuningham, though he still frustrates the cr@p out of me with vanishing acts - though, to be fair they were fewer yesterday. For mine, his ability to get the ball out to advantage when the heat is hitting him, is a feature. He's a very intuitive footballer.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17