Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 28232 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #45
I've been banging on about it a bit, but up until recently we've had a blessed run with injuries.

Now we lost 3 players with injury from last week. Add that to the 2 key posts down back with knees and thats as big as our injury list has been all year.
The result?
A very poor result in the 1's and a smacking in the 2's.

We need to hope we have some players back ASAP or we will repeat our 2nd half of the season last year.

We have Adelaide and Dees in the coming weeks, followed by the 'easier' game of last years premiers.

Its going to get worse before it gets better.

Reply #46
We need two classy half forwards - of the Wright and Lamb size and this years draft has a few beauties. Need depth in this position.

Reply #47
God that was a frustrating game to watch - we just needed to harden up a bit stick a screwing tackle! Tigers weren't that good, and we played as bad as I've seen us play, and it was only what 4 goals?

Jack Reiwoldt is a Goddard.

Murph - what's going on there? Timid slow and seemed really out of sorts?

Cripps champ.

That last bit of play where Gibbs kicked beautifully to Pickett who completely missed it - what was that?  Obviously inexperience, we really need and want players that want to be the match winner - too many chipping it around rather than taking it on
I thought that kick by Gibbs was ordinary. Gave Pickett no chance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
Boeky has had enough chances to prove himself - has pace and skill, but that's not enough.

Plenty of players had their colours lowered today. I wonder whether the injuries suffered by Pickett and Smedts in the past has made them a little timid ? Smedts played his worst game for us today, although he wasn't Pat Malone. I still think he and Pickett need to be give the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Whatever selection issues we have, the teams currently sitting top 4 don't play molasses footy.

Reply #49
Pickett marks and goals, they get nervous and anything can happen. But he didn't and it didn't!!

Exactly. Sliding doors moment right there. Plus, first 2 scores of the last q were points - make 'em goals and the Tiggies would have been thinking "here we go again".

Our worst 4 are much worse than their worst 4.  They had a plan to strangle our half forward line and they stuck to it.

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #50
Boeky has had enough chances to prove himself - has pace and skill, but that's not enough.

Plenty of players had their colours lowered today. I wonder whether the injuries suffered by Pickett and Smedts in the past has made them a little timid ? Smedts played his worst game for us today, although he wasn't Pat Malone. I still think he and Pickett need to be give the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Whatever selection issues we have, the teams currently sitting top 4 don't play molasses footy.

I reckon WA clubs might look at him.. If confident and in form he plays the wings well.

Reply #51
I thought that kick by Gibbs was ordinary. Gave Pickett no chance.

Have another look.... the kick was good.

Pickett was running back to the square then stopped and jumped too soon... it's easy for me to say from lounge but he should have kept going back with the flight.. he didn't want it badly enough imo. 

I know he's young and inexperienced etc etc... but I've seen it a few times in general play he steps back and hopes for it to bounce his way instead of attacking the pill
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #52
I reckon WA clubs might look at him.. If confident and in form he plays the wings well.
Ill drive him over, hand delivered. The guy is simply not AFL standard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #53
Switched right off today with a few players off the pace. Still only lost by 4 goals so at least we are competitive on bad days but while games like today are expected from a young side they must make sure they are switched back on next week.

Reply #54

I had high hopes for Boeky, but I'm always getting sucked in by those pacy, silky types. His progenitor, a certain Kane Lucas, was rookied by West Coast, and proceeded to do sfa.

I can't see either WA club being interested, but I'm always open to surprises.

Reply #55
Ill drive him over, hand delivered. The guy is simply not AFL standard.

I'll pitch in with some petrol money and your flight back. Business class? Come on, let's raise enough money for GTC to return Boekhorst to WA. Maybe there's a discount for 2 and we can send Pickett back as well. Maybe hide Fyffe in your luggage on your return.  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #56
Have another look.... the kick was good.

Pickett was running back to the square then stopped and jumped too soon... it's easy for me to say from lounge but he should have kept going back with the flight.. he didn't want it badly enough imo. 

I know he's young and inexperienced etc etc... but I've seen it a few times in general play he steps back and hopes for it to bounce his way instead of attacking the pill
I don't need to, I was sitting right above it in Q9 with a perfect view. The kick should have been lower and should have allowed Pickett to run onto it. It was too loopy and gave the defenders (ie plural) time to make it difficult.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #57
I'll pitch in with petrol some money and your flight back. Business class? Come on, let's raise enough money for GTC to return Boekhorst to WA. Maybe there's a discount for 2 and we can send Pickett back as well. Maybe hide Fyffe in your luggage on your return.  ;D
No need, my shout. Its the least I could do.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
First qtr was an arm wrestle, after qtr time, they just ran us ragged. It was like circle work, the transitioned the ball from defence to I50 with ease. 11.18, had the kicked straighter it would have been real ugly. You dont win many games of footy kicking 1 behind in a qtr of footy no matter how close the game is.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th