Skip to main content
Topic: Club & Coach Ratings (Read 23408 times) previous topic - next topic

Club & Coach Ratings

Very interesting article on the AFL's website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-22/the-coach-ladder-whos-pleasing-the-crowd

To say we scored poorly is a profound understatement. We are seriously on the nose, fortunately we have 2019 to rectify this. Much, much, much work to be done!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Club & Coach Ratings

Reply #1
It's going to be an interesting year!

But I'm not sure we can afford to consign ourselves to yet another rebuild under another new coach, so I am keen to see if BB can work with what he's got available, something he seemed to lack last season!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Yep, I reckon BB has 8 weeks.
We need some wins (2-3) and much better defensive efforts.
Guys running around the half back line looking lost while their opponents swarm past won't satisfy.

Reply #3
Yep, I reckon BB has 8 weeks.
We need some wins (2-3) and much better defensive efforts.
Guys running around the half back line looking lost while their opponents swarm past won't satisfy.

Is that when Wallsy's first report and scorecard for the board is due?  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
I reckon Pyke would want to have a better year or the lynch mob might ride into town.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5

But I'm not sure we can afford to consign ourselves to yet another rebuild under another new coach, so I am keen to see if BB can work with what he's got available, something he seemed to lack last season!

Doesn't have to follow that new coach means another rebuild, Spotted One. Plenty of senior coaches come in an work with what they inherit and succeed, especially if the list is good (obviously). But it does seem that the Board is giving BB every chance to succeed now... much better list, a fitness guru who he is familiar with, and so on.

But, until I see tangible improvement where it counts (W/L ratio) I'm in the skeptics corner re BB (and would be rapt to be wrong) and there'd want to be significant improvement by mid year or earlier.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Bolts will needs wins early and to end outside the bottom 4 to be any chance of still being at the club in 2020 IMO.

Probably stating the obvious...
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #8
Sorry, if the club is influenced by Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear, then we really do have the wrong people in charge.
“Good leaders make decisions quickly and change them slowly”

When you’re playing Daisy, Lamb and Murphy off Hb, with kpd missing through form and injury and you wonder why the team got smashed each week...?
From 1/2 time game 1 the team was under seige and played accordingly for the year.

#holepluggerswereus
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #9

Won't be another rebuild. A new coach would just carry on, similar to what Beverige did after McCartney, Goodwin after Roos. We've basically rebuilt now just have to improve and develop.

No excuse for Bolts next year. Last year was just pure rubbish, injuries or not. Some of worst crap i've seen. A good coach would revel with our current young list.

Reply #10
Sorry, if the club is influenced by Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear, then we really do have the wrong people in charge.
“Good leaders make decisions quickly and change them slowly”

When you’re playing Daisy, Lamb and Murphy off Hb, with kpd missing through form and injury and you wonder why the team got smashed each week...?
From 1/2 time game 1 the team was under seige and played accordingly for the year.

#holepluggerswereus

Stop making sense NB ... you could get banned  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Stop making sense NB ... you could get banned  ;)

Give him a temporary suspension until he smartens up and gets back to talking crap like the rest of us!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #12
Maybe a suspended suspension?

Reply #13
Sometimes I wish I could get banned... ????
????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #14
They were saying on the radio this morning that the way this is being played out, they expect him to STILL be able to make a comeback next year.

Essentially, because it all happened in the past.